WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amazon Returns

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Amazon sells lots of stuff. Even complete crate engines. A friend told me that he has heard of people buying a new crate motor and then saying it was no good and they actually return the old motor. This is boating related because you could install it in your bote.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
I know its true for smaller items, they'll even let you keep them.

No sure if there's a dollar figure they go by.

cofooter

Reaction score
It would be difficult to be an Amazon supplier, a lot of them get screwed by Amazons policies...... but Amazon has such a big reach and presence that its also hard for a retailer to not join Amazon for the exposure..............

samsah33

Reaction score
It would be difficult to be an Amazon supplier, a lot of them get screwed by Amazons policies...... but Amazon has such a big reach and presence that its also hard for a retailer to not join Amazon for the exposure..............
Agree, my company deals with them a lot, and they are very customer-focused to the detriment of their suppliers. We're a big account, and we cannot even get a dedicated rep or a person to contact, we were told that if we want one, we would have to pay their salary, otherwise, our questions and comments go into their queue and get answered in due time by the next available rep...

Tom Slick

Reaction score
As stated, Amazon is very customer focused to the point that sellers are treated like garbage and have very little support. Amazon is continually changing their policies to favor the buyer and of course Amazon. They recently updated their return policy to auto authorize most returns. They provide the customer with a pre-paid return label and charge the seller, then once the label is scanned in with UPS, they automatically provide the customer a full refund. So as a seller you have no idea if the items returned are damaged, used, missing parts, etc. and you're left to fight with Amazon to get reimbursed for shipping, damages, etc.

As much as Amazon is a necessary evil in today's market place, I wish that consumers weren't so lazy and would shop direct with the brand they are looking for. For example, my business sells on Amazon, but also sells direct. It is cheaper for a customer to buy direct from me rather then through Amazon. Buyers also need to realize that Amazon takes 13% for themselves, therefore costing the seller money. There is a seller at the bottom of the chain that gets screwed when someone returns an item. Just like when you buy a tool at Home Depot, use it and return it. The manufacture has to eat that, not Home Depot. And for a small business like mine, every penny counts when trying to keep a business afloat and feed a family. So be mindful that your returns eat into our bottom-line.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I ordered some wheel cylinders for a work truck that I wanted to sell but had to get up to par. They were the wrong part (100% amazon's fault as the part numbers weren't even close to my order). While they are a cheap part I was told to keep them and they sent new. I was :oops:. they are sitting in a parts bin in the garage as there is nothing wrong with them. Wasteful practice.

retaocleg

Reaction score
i have had issues with amazon lately, but all good...........shit doesnt show, get a refund, get the stuff days later, AFTER the refund..................2 things in the last month, price has paid my prime membership, so🤷‍♂️.........cant make money that way..........we did alert to one being delivered, but the other might have slipped by🤷‍♂️makes up for the dented cans for the homeless box.......

by the way, those that dont know, there is a box on lake havasu ave for food donations........before cvs and dunkin donuts, by the fire dept.......do your part if you can, wife has seen the same vet 2 weeks in a row............shamefull vets rely on it for food.............like i said, shameful there isnt money with all they take and spend

you can get a case of veggies, fruit, or dinty moore for less than 20 bucks delivered, all you gotta do is drop it of to make sure our less fortunate have something tonight.......be a good neighbor and give a bit...........if you are like me, and are charitable, but dont trust giving money because you dont know where it goes, here is your opportunity, your donation goes direct to those in need, no middleman taking their "cut"

my vet neighbor, RIP, alerted me to it..........i am embarrased to live in a place that requires a person who answered the call of the govt to fight, only to have that same govt turn their back when it comes to living.......i am beyond pissed about it, and this has been going on for god knows how long........you can tell alot about a country by how they treat their vets........our gov just sees them as cannon fodder, shameful

rant over.........

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I’ve heard people robbing banks too. Doesn’t make it right. Thieves suck.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As stated, Amazon is very customer focused to the point that sellers are treated like garbage and have very little support. Amazon is continually changing their policies to favor the buyer and of course Amazon. They recently updated their return policy to auto authorize most returns. They provide the customer with a pre-paid return label and charge the seller, then once the label is scanned in with UPS, they automatically provide the customer a full refund. So as a seller you have no idea if the items returned are damaged, used, missing parts, etc. and you're left to fight with Amazon to get reimbursed for shipping, damages, etc.

As much as Amazon is a necessary evil in today's market place, I wish that consumers weren't so lazy and would shop direct with the brand they are looking for. For example, my business sells on Amazon, but also sells direct. It is cheaper for a customer to buy direct from me rather then through Amazon. Buyers also need to realize that Amazon takes 13% for themselves, therefore costing the seller money. There is a seller at the bottom of the chain that gets screwed when someone returns an item. Just like when you buy a tool at Home Depot, use it and return it. The manufacture has to eat that, not Home Depot. And for a small business like mine, every penny counts when trying to keep a business afloat and feed a family. So be mindful that your returns eat into our bottom-line.
Can't be much different than Costco or most any bigbox store with liberal return policies.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
i have had issues with amazon lately, but all good...........shit doesnt show, get a refund, get the stuff days later, AFTER the refund..................2 things in the last month, price has paid my prime membership, so🤷‍♂️.........cant make money that way..........we did alert to one being delivered, but the other might have slipped by🤷‍♂️makes up for the dented cans for the homeless box.......

by the way, those that dont know, there is a box on lake havasu ave for food donations........before cvs and dunkin donuts, by the fire dept.......do your part if you can, wife has seen the same vet 2 weeks in a row............shamefull vets rely on it for food.............like i said, shameful there isnt money with all they take and spend

you can get a case of veggies, fruit, or dinty moore for less than 20 bucks delivered, all you gotta do is drop it of to make sure our less fortunate have something tonight.......be a good neighbor and give a bit...........if you are like me, and are charitable, but dont trust giving money because you dont know where it goes, here is your opportunity, your donation goes direct to those in need, no middleman taking their "cut"

my vet neighbor, RIP, alerted me to it..........i am embarrased to live in a place that requires a person who answered the call of the govt to fight, only to have that same govt turn their back when it comes to living.......i am beyond pissed about it, and this has been going on for god knows how long........you can tell alot about a country by how they treat their vets........our gov just sees them as cannon fodder, shameful

rant over.........

Amazon has screwed me 3 times in the last month on items that get "lost" in tracking.... Miraculously these items doubled in price in between me ordering them and then getting "lost", you can't request them to reship your order, just a refund and rebuy now at double cost 🖕

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Like I said in my earlier post. I wish that customers would buy direct with the brand/manufacture rather then with Amazon. I can speak for myself and can tell you that you typically can get your goods cheaper going direct rather then with Amazon.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I just returned a cooler that the plastic cracked , my Son bought it for me as a Father’s Day gift .. back in 2014 ! No questions asked , full refund .

retaocleg

Reaction score
Amazon has screwed me 3 times in the last month on items that get "lost" in tracking.... Miraculously these items doubled in price in between me ordering them and then getting "lost", you can't request them to reship your order, just a refund and rebuy now at double cost 🖕
i did the same, request a refund, reorder, only to have both show up..........reorder showed first
they are having issues right now........never had issues before, but the last 2 months, about 6-7 either were super delayed, or no show🤷‍♂️ all have been made whole one way or the other, but enough we are wondering what the issue is

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Like I said in my earlier post. I wish that customers would buy direct with the brand/manufacture rather then with Amazon. I can speak for myself and can tell you that you typically can get your goods cheaper going direct rather then with Amazon.

The problem with that is and it is Amazon's business model. Just easier to order through Amazon. All of my information is already there, credit card, shipping address etc....

If I order 10 things off of Amazon in a month and tried to find each manufacturer to order them direct, then I have to fill out the info with each manufacturer. Then they don't say what the shipping is until you fill out the other stuff. Then they spam your email forever.

Make it easy and I think more would do it. I don't agree with the return BS.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I did an order direct. Everything paid, paid shipping, order confirmed, etc., etc.
One week later they hadn't even pulled the parts yet.
Ordered a few more items I didn't realize I needed but through Amazon this time. Same place, same address.
2nd order showed up before my 1st order.

77charger

Reaction score

That’s what sucks. I have bought some low dollar items and didn’t work for what I was gonna do. Tossed onto junk box for future if one day you need something and it is the piece you need.

I did buy a gm crank sensor installed and it was doa it was only thing I returned cost me 50 bucks to buy.

wzuber

Reaction score
I recently bought a replacement control board for my 36v. Powerwise golf cart batt charger off amazon. It was just over half price of the cost on other golf cart sites. I thought to myself when i placed the order..." get what ya pay for"?
Yep....1st. Board no good. Disappointed i started a return w/azn. I called the seller direct to inquire about the junk board. The girl there said we'll send you a new one right away, you can keep the original one. I chose to continue w/my amz. Return. New board arrived. Installed it and it's junk too....
FUUUUUUCKNPOS.....LOL
get what ya pay for??? Yep.
I want to crush that thing w/a hammer and send it back to them w/nasty note.
I re-installed the old boards and put a jumper on the relay to be able to continue charging in the interim.
Guess I'll now pay $86.00 for the part from a g.c. supplier and avoid amz for the forseeable future.
Buyer Bware w/amz.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I placed an order a few years ago from Crutchfield for a pair of expensive klipsch rock speakers and they came in the wrong color. Called them and the guy said keep them and he will send out another pair. So I painted them and now have 4. Great customer service. Easy to get ahold of and nice guy

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Amazon started out with low prices. Now, the prices are higher on a lot of things. I needed some strong, but small, magnets for a project. $40 for two sets. I knew those were the ones I needed, and couldn't find them anywhere else.

I looked all over the magnets to see where they injected the gold into them, but I couldn't find it. 😜😜

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have a couple different mailboxes. One of them, the place takes Amazon returns. Everytime I have a package, there 30 people in line making Amazon returns. I told the new owners, that you need a separate line for your actual customers to pick up packages.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Amazon started out with low prices. Now, the prices are higher on a lot of things. I needed some strong, but small, magnets for a project. $40 for two sets. I knew those were the ones I needed, and couldn't find them anywhere else.

I looked all over the magnets to see where they injected the gold into them, but I couldn't find it. 😜😜
This is why consumers should do their research and check other options other than Amazon. Amazon charges 13% to the seller and most sellers offer free shipping or Prime which is free shipping and free returns. So sellers are forced to raise their prices to absorb the additional costs of selling on Amazon. This is why you will find that Amazon is often more expensive then buying direct from the seller.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Amazon sells lots of stuff. Even complete crate engines. A friend told me that he has heard of people buying a new crate motor and then saying it was no good and they actually return the old motor. This is boating related because you could install it in your bote.

So? What boat did you drop one in to??

Inquiring minds wanna know! 😁

Ladsm

Reaction score
we spend a fortune dealing with customer returns so sometimes it is easier to tell the customer just keep it. The amount of clothing that gets returned and the n we throw it away blows my mind.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
This is why consumers should do their research and check other options other than Amazon. Amazon charges 13% to the seller and most sellers offer free shipping or Prime which is free shipping and free returns. So sellers are forced to raise their prices to absorb the additional costs of selling on Amazon. This is why you will find that Amazon is often more expensive then buying direct from the seller.
Yep, just like eBay. It's just easier because you don't have to lean yore fatass over to grab your wallet out the back pocket and enter all the info. Ebay has been hitting me for 20% final value fees for the last month because they're assholes....so my ebay prices are 20% higher than my normal prices.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I can’t find on here when I posted I ordered something from Amazon and got a ladies swimsuit top instead Didn’t even fit. 😀

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
from what I've seen in the past few months Amazon, Fedex and UPS have all gone down the shitter

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When ordering such fragile yet complex parts, you need to understand and assess all the transportation risks. I would not risk ordering something like that. For example, I also ordered recently, but for a simpler item. I ordered socks for yoga classes. The thing is that when you're doing yoga, a common problem is slipping, which prevents you from concentrating on doing the exercise.

Are you related to Tony Stark??? 😱