WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

American Ethanol vs. Predator

farmo83

Reaction score
Who would you bet your money on ?

Well say in a mile or 3/4 mile shoot out track.

Reactions: DWC

farmo83

Reaction score
Never have and I would bet they never will.

Strictly a hypotethetical.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Yeah I’m playing along...if they’re racing more than once I’m picking the boat that doesn’t have two engines coupled to themselves 😛

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Why do some guys feel it’s necessary to measure other guys little pee pee’s?

who gives a shit? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've wondered this many times myself??? What difference does it make who's boat is faster, they're just a bunch of rich guys measuring their dicks with each other. Why would others get all lathered up about that shit???

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Predator would have to be reliable to even have a chance….

hallett21

Reaction score
I've wondered this many times myself??? What difference does it make who's boat is faster, they're just a bunch of rich guys measuring their dicks with each other. Why would others get all lathered up about that shit???

Well if I owned either I’d want to be the fastest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Well you know the outboard boat guys aren't into dick measuring. 🤣

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Little pee pees maybe. But 180+ in a cat must have huge ballz.

If that's the case, they should run with the wind, rain, or other things that mother nature throws at 'em. Take your chances, so to speak.

Just my $0.02

Dan'l

DWC

Reaction score
I don't know boat to boat what would be the fastest. Honestly, looking at them run is impressive, but I like more of the technical aspects of how they do it. Mechanical magic...
Agree 100%. Awesome engineering with limitless resources is pretty cool. Most of the performance boating world is chasing a 3-5more MPH a prop, jack plate, header or a tune at a time. The ballers trade in their 400’s for a 450 boat and another 10mph. It’s not my game but I have nothing but appreciation for it. If it didn’t happen Industrial Blvd would have a few more vacancies.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Awesome engineering with limitless resources is pretty cool. Most of the performance boating world is chasing a 3-5more MPH a prop, jack plate, header or a tune at a time. The ballers trade in their 400’s for a 450 boat and another 10mph. It’s not my game but I have nothing but appreciation for it. If it didn’t happen Industrial Blvd would have a few more vacancies.
That's the thing. I've been in a flat bottom at about 100. Floating engine stand with a prop...utterly badass. These guys are nearly doubling that speed, in boats that need a semi truck to move them. People like me would have a field day just going through their leftover "junk". Like I said about DS, the fit and finish of the big fast baller boats is better than a lot of custom cars. Seeing the engineering and what makes them tick is something special to some of us. Yes, the speed is impressive. The money that is thrown at them is unreal. The guys who actually put it together are the ones that really impress me though.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want to know what boat would be fastest?! Oh, I forgot, everyone is pushing 60 and rolling toons now. :cool:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The original P1 was just sold. Vern is retiring from poker runs after his last stroke.
New owner is going to use engines and rigging and sell the hull.
Sounds like that boats legendary run is over.

Any word what the engines will be going in to?

Singleton

Reaction score
Sounds like that boats legendary run is over.

Any word what the engines will be going in to?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why do some guys feel it’s necessary to measure other guys little pee pee’s?

who gives a shit? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

the same could be said for following any professional sports or racing teams as well..

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Then you have Greg Olson's 33' Eliminator with 3,600HP that laid down 192 .......
although i believe that was a full mile run.

Balls of steel!

Always been my favorite, except maybe last years fiasco.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
I assume the MCon race boat will be used for the shootout. I hope. As we have all noticed the lack of big fast boats in the shootout.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Then you have Greg Olson's 33' Eliminator with 3,600HP that laid down 192 .......
although i believe that was a full mile run.

Balls of steel!

It was an extremely impressive run for that hull no doubt, but it also was in the 1 mile run, not the current 3/4. Don’t think there’s any boat of it’s caliber that has came within 10 mph of that speed. Bob Teague has been high 170’s in a couple of his DCB’s, and i believe only 1 or 2 M’ Series have touched the 180 mark.
I’m still waiting to see the TCM31 “Stacked Deck” make a serious run. They did everything big on her, and talked about making some high mph runs with her, but so far haven’t heard of them running her hard yet.

Singleton

Reaction score
I assume the MCon race boat will be used for the shootout. I hope. As we have all noticed the lack of big fast boats in the shootout.

multiple reasons for that. After the run of bad accidents, a % of those pushing the throttles forward declined. They lost friends and I think many realized it is not worth it and moved on to other activities. @skater40 is still very active and Predator 3 is a rocket!

In the other thread LOTO vs DS - one reason you don’t see all the boats running @ DS is they run the Poker Run the day before and with big HP, shit breaks and knocks boats out of the Shootout.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
multiple reasons for that. After the run of bad accidents, a % of those pushing the throttles forward declined. They lost friends and I think many realized it is not worth it and moved on to other activities. @skater40 is still very active and Predator 3 is a rocket!

In the other thread LOTO vs DS - one reason you don’t see all the boats running @ DS is they run the Poker Run the day before and with big HP, shit breaks and knocks boats out of the Shootout.

It seems like the biggest issue every year with DS is the wind not cooperating on shootout day.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Seems like the pattern is that it's great for the poker run, bad for the shootout. Then they postpone the shootout, try to run it Sunday, etc.....
I still enjoy it all, beer tastes good in the rain too!

To me, that has been the pattern since they moved in to later in the year. I think they should move it back. Maybe even a week or so earlier.

Just my 2cents is all.

Singleton

Reaction score
It was an extremely impressive run for that hull no doubt, but it also was in the 1 mile run, not the current 3/4. Don’t think there’s any boat of it’s caliber that has came within 10 mph of that speed. Bob Teague has been high 170’s in a couple of his DCB’s, and i believe only 1 or 2 M’ Series have touched the 180 mark.
I’m still waiting to see the TCM31 “Stacked Deck” make a serious run. They did everything big on her, and talked about making some high mph runs with her, but so far haven’t heard of them running her hard yet.

Talked to Bob during the DS Shootout when he was at the Islander tuning my neighbors boat.
He stated his days of running Shootout are over, he has nothing to prove. I don’t think we will ever see his TCM31 run until it is sold to a new owner. His old F32 ran LOTO this year, with/it’s new owner.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
You won’t see Bob run the M31 in any shootout.

PlanB

Reaction score
Talked to Bob during the DS Shootout when he was at the Islander tuning my neighbors boat.
He stated his days of running Shootout are over, he has nothing to prove. I don’t think we will ever see his TCM31 run until it is sold to a new owner. His old F32 ran LOTO this year, with/it’s new owner.

I talked to Bob at the street fair and he pretty much told me the same thing.

Duramax

Reaction score
I don't understand the posts saying, "just a big dick measure, blah,blah,blah" My god, these are people who have worked their butts off, made some money, and have a passion for boats and speed. What is wrong with that? NOTHING is wrong with that. This is a boating website, that is centered around PERFORMANCE boating, and it is fun to have threads like this. Imagine, talking about bad ass boats on a boating forum???? Some of you guys are such fucking Debbie downers. It is not your money, not your boat, and if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Everyone of these guys are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They love boating, and because of their hard work and sacrifice, they have some insane setups for us to drool over!

The reason that Peter started selling Skaters on the west coast is because of Predator. You will never tell me different. Gary Smith/Larry Peto along with Predator 1, sealed the deal years ago with that fantastic clip in the movie, "Pegged". "There's 160.....Where they at Jeff, where they at". I have watched it a million times. Another great clip is Mike Bobbitt and his one of a kind 40 Skater, "Risky Business". "What that I am feeling...we lost a motor....fuck it, keep going!!!!" That was the spark that kicked off the invasion. Just my opinion of course, but everybody knows Predator, everybody.

I will tell you, American Ethanol is pretty f**king amazing. That thing sounds great coming through, and to get it up too those speeds in that short of a course is nothing short of amazing too. What a setup they have. How can you not like it? Hard work and dedication! I would love to know more about it. What a great team they have to get that rig moving!

Yes, too bad that Vern sold Predator 1. Vern was the reason (among others) that had Gary change engine builders to the big, BIG, Brummett turbo motors.. It takes a lot of work to run these big cats, and with his recent health struggles, this was the best route to take I was told, and I wish him well. I really hope Predator 1 gets a new owner who takes care of her. That boat deserves a good life, lol. Vern is still the absolute man if you want to rebuild a number 6. Nobody does it better or has more tricks up his sleeve than Vern. West Coast Drives.

Next year Gary will be lining up for all of the shootouts I believe in P3. The boat is insane and "should" break some records..

lavey jr

Reaction score

Bob always said to me, “I don’t pleasure my race boats and I don’t race my pleasure boats.”

farmo83

Reaction score
Bob mentioned he thought the TCM31 would get into the mid 190's but it would be a while if at all before he ran it up that high. He also mentioned he's only maxed out his 44 Skater one time. The vibe was inline with the sentiments others have said about him in this thread.

I would be curious what Tony thinks it would run.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't understand the posts saying, "just a big dick measure, blah,blah,blah" My god, these are people who have worked their butts off, made some money, and have a passion for boats and speed. What is wrong with that? NOTHING is wrong with that. This is a boating website, that is centered around PERFORMANCE boating, and it is fun to have threads like this. Imagine, talking about bad ass boats on a boating forum???? Some of you guys are such fucking Debbie downers. It is not your money, not your boat, and if you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Everyone of these guys are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They love boating, and because of their hard work and sacrifice, they have some insane setups for us to drool over!

The reason that Peter started selling Skaters on the west coast is because of Predator. You will never tell me different. Gary Smith/Larry Peto along with Predator 1, sealed the deal years ago with that fantastic clip in the movie, "Pegged". "There's 160.....Where they at Jeff, where they at". I have watched it a million times. Another great clip is Mike Bobbitt and his one of a kind 40 Skater, "Risky Business". "What that I am feeling...we lost a motor....fuck it, keep going!!!!" That was the spark that kicked off the invasion. Just my opinion of course, but everybody knows Predator, everybody.

I will tell you, American Ethanol is pretty f**king amazing. That thing sounds great coming through, and to get it up too those speeds in that short of a course is nothing short of amazing too. What a setup they have. How can you not like it? Hard work and dedication! I would love to know more about it. What a great team they have to get that rig moving!

Yes, too bad that Vern sold Predator 1. Vern was the reason (among others) that had Gary change engine builders to the big, BIG, Brummett turbo motors.. It takes a lot of work to run these big cats, and with his recent health struggles, this was the best route to take I was told, and I wish him well. I really hope Predator 1 gets a new owner who takes care of her. That boat deserves a good life, lol. Vern is still the absolute man if you want to rebuild a number 6. Nobody does it better or has more tricks up his sleeve than Vern. West Coast Drives.

Next year Gary will be lining up for all of the shootouts I believe in P3. The boat is insane and "should" break some records..

You are dead right on the Debbie downer part!! Shit, you are dead right on all of it.

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
You are dead right on the Debbie downer part!! Shit, you are dead right on all of it.

RD

I am more interested in who Vern trained to continue his legend when he decides to retire.
Some of the best performance boat innovators are hitting retirement ago. Who is going to learn from them and continue the innovation.

Duramax

Reaction score
I am more interested in who Vern trained to continue his legend when he decides to retire.
Some of the best performance boat innovators are hitting retirement ago. Who is going to learn from them and continue the innovation.
We are seeing it everywhere, in every trade. All of the old timers are leaving with nobody to back them up.

Vern was part of the old school Tom Gentry crowd. Wrenched for him when they were World Champions I believe, in the true days of Offshore. The bad ass, Miami night life, coke dealing, shoot them up madness of the old school offshore racing.

I don't believe Vern has a apprentice or helper there. The hours he used to put in were crazy, so even if he had somebody there to learn, in this day and age they couldn't hang with his work ethic and would end up leaving. I don't know if that's the case, again, just my opinion.

It will be a shame when we eventually lose some of these guys with so much knowledge and expertise.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm not sure that he has picked anyone. I sure wish someone would step into those foot steps though.

RD