WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

American Offshore

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I have a buddy interested in this boat listed at MOM, but knows nothing about it (and neither do I). And by it, I mean American offshore as a whole.

Is there anything he should know about this hull? This setup? What should he look out for? Does it handle good? Porpoising?

He is interested in getting into a cat and is not particular to a brand per say.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1...-3100-103020014?refsource=same seller listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a buddy interested in this boat listed at MOM, but knows nothing about it (and neither do I). And by it, I mean American offshore as a whole.

Is there anything he should know about this hull? This setup? What should he look out for? Does it handle good? Porpoising?

He is interested in getting into a cat and is not particular to a brand per say.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1999-american-offshore-3100-103020014?refsource=same seller listing

Pretty sure that's my buddies boat. He flies for RDP as the helicopter pilot. I personally have never been in that boat, but I know the 31 AO's ran pretty good and rough water wasn't a problem! The only problem with them is they are a little dated looking.

Here's a vid that we made down in Parker with that boat.

HST4ME

Reaction score
They are a good running boat, the deck style is dated but otherwise they are solid. By the looks of it (extension boxes/motor upgrades) someone took good care of that boat. Good in the rough, they really did'n't have the hop issue some other brandS have. The price is right too. AO were pretty popular over here for many years.

Tank

Reaction score
Good reputation in the industry. bottoms even been splashed a couple times ;)

Powermizer

Reaction score
There was one of those in my neck of the woods< thing was awesome in the rough water. Rock solid.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not the best fit and finish but they are a really nice riding boat in that size.

HST4ME

Reaction score
They certainly show their design age in the tooling, remember it's heritage starts about 1982-83. 55k doesn't buy much these days, that's a lot of boat for 55k.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Ed @ American Offshore acquired the old Chris Cat 300 molds back in the late 80's or early 90's and started building them in Oklahoma under the American Offshore 3100 brand. Never changed the molds but did make it into a inner liner boat so as to remove the wood from the boat. Old School style for sure, nothing fancy for rigging at all but a real solid running and performing boat overall. Later on Ed sold the company which was then moved to Texas but I believe he now has the company back. Used to be a GREAT value compared to othesr back then and probably still is, as long as the Squirrel in Texas is out of the picture. That guy screwed several people over on his way out.
I used to own an American Offshore 2600 and to this day I regret ever selling it. It was my favorite of all the boats I've ever owned.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone. I sent him a link to the thread and I think the video gave him the itch to look at it even more so thanks RD.

I’m sure he will check in on it (not a member)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s all already been said but they are again not the greatest style but are great boats.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
It’s all already been said but they are again not the greatest style but are great boats.

Even though they weren’t flying in that video, that boat looked planted and smooth

Goodtime$

Reaction score
We (Tahiti Offshore) are rigging a 2900 AO deckboat next week for ART the owner. Customer is in Chicago.

The 3100/ 3700 molds are in our yard in Hemet.
26 AO / NSX are being licensed to Screaming Eagle Boats in Ohio which will lay them up WHITE only. Tools ship next week.
28 Deck and 29 Decks we license

Art also bought the 28 RAPTOR CAT which is cool i think. Hope that helps.