WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amp wiring question...

240Hallett

Reaction score
I am running one bass speaker of off a 2 channel amp. I hooked up the + and - to the outer terminals. What do I do with the - and + between them. Run a jumper between them?? Leave them alone?? Thanks!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Depends on the amp.

What make and model?

You might have an amp that will let you bridge for mono power or you might have one not set up that way.

They typically state the way you can wire them by the terminals.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Depends on the amp.

What make and model?

You might have an amp that will let you bridge for mono power or you might have one not set up that way.

They typically state the way you can wire them by the terminals.

This. ^^^

Post a pic too. Where is the crossover located??

240Hallett

Reaction score
image.jpg

Kind off hard to see in this shitty pic but I'm pretty sure it says "bridged" across the top off the terminals.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but I would remove that amp and buy something relatively cheap from a decent brand.

I would be surprised if that boss amp put out as much power as a quality head unit.

To answer the original question it doesn't look like it's capable of being bridged.

Edit....it looks like it's capable of being bridged....use the out side terminals as directed.

SPL2K

Reaction score
Leave the center terminals on the amp empty. You only use the outside + and - to your single sub.
Hopefully your sub is 4 ohm.
Replace that amp with a better brand asap.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but I would remove that amp and buy something relatively cheap from a decent brand.

I would be surprised if that boss amp put out as much power as a quality head unit.

To answer the original question it doesn't look like it's capable of being bridged.

Edit....it looks like it's capable of being bridged....use the out side terminals as directed.

Aw man!...now you hurt my feelings lol j/k. Honestly I'm not a big stereo guy and these have been in my garage for a few years so I figured I got nothing to loose putting them in. I wouldn't know good from bad but these (4 channel also) were in my budget (free). Thanks for the info man.