WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amtrak is pretty awesome.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Regardless of tax payer subsidizing Amtrak their service, comfort, relaxed atmosphere, etc BLOWS the airlines away. You can bring food and drinks aboard, or buy their stuff which was pretty well stocked. Walk around freely. The bathrooms were big and a few of them had seating areas on the bathroom. Like you could change clothes or whatnot. And the seats and train in general were clean and nice and well maintained. Yeah, ca bails them out all the time but the train is keeping cars off the road which lessons traffic which causes less wear and tear on the roadways and less congestion and of course lowers green house emissions or whatever the ca nature nazis cry about all the time. So it’s a win in the end all the way around.

Not like the tickets are cheap however. Think round trip in biz class was $120 each. Something like that.
Beer and Well Drinks...??? Im In

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Hard for any train to crash now with PTC. It has been online for a couple years now nation wide.
Not quite nation wide but pretty close. Sometimes it doesn’t work and they have to run without it. There was an incident the other day with one disabled.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Not quite nation wide but pretty close. Sometimes it doesn’t work and they have to run without it. There was an incident the other day with one disabled.
If one I’m thinking i relieved the crew that had to stop short, they had a diverging route through the siding and came to stop about 2500’ short, to some thats half a mile to those of us out here that’s a near death experience.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I looked into it one time and the cost seemed Very expensive...

I was just thinking LA to SD for a weekend get away.

This was awhile back though. Are they more reasonable now??

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
True. I sat at Soto for 20-30 mins waiting for BNSF PTC to get ours working a couple weeks ago. It eventually went active around Hobart.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
we take the train from fullerton to needles and pops picks us up in needles all the time.....love it

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
If one I’m thinking i relieved the crew that had to stop short, they had a diverging route through the siding and came to stop about 2500’ short, to some thats half a mile to those of us out here that’s a near death experience.
That’s the one. Had to relieve the wb short of LA. Still bo PTC.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That’s the one. Had to relieve the wb short of LA. Still bo PTC.
Yea it’s sad both the engineer as well the conductor have great seniority, and the engineer is a real good hogger. Shitty situation but not real harm but a switch.