WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

An Amusing Story...Even The Voices In My Head Were Laughing At Me!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, with the sudden shutdown here in Az, gyms are closed as of tonight. BS, but fine, F'k it, whatever. Well, wife and daughter have been going to the gym. Daughter dearest is trying to get into shape to do pull-ups and such for a physical test for her school of choice. Well then, lat-pulls are a must. In a storage trailer, I just so happened to have a BodySolid weight machine setup...this is where things get both painful, and amusing.

The trailer is a semi trailer, dock height. I was going to use the tractor, in true hillbilly style. F'r had a flat. Well, I had loaded it without one, so I figured on doing the same. I backed a pickup near the trailer, and set up a utv ramp. Well, still, all going well at that point. Well, when moving stupid heavy stuff by myself, I sometimes use crowbars. Now you may see some issues a brewing.

In the midst of inching the behemoth down the ramp, something went awry, in lightening quick fashion. I don't really know how, or what happened. The handle of the crow bar slipped from my hand. That much I'm pretty sure of. Then I saw a blinding white light, and heard a familiar crunch in the bridge of my nose. In my moment of pain, in the bright light, I'm pretty sure I saw Jesus...and he was laughing at me.

Well, I think I broke my nose. Not the first time, but first self inflicted. My kids said my nose looked a little "off"... I took a bunch of ibuprofen, and can breath out of one nostril pretty good. We'll see what the morning brings with swelling or bruising. Wife and daughter are happy though.

Echoing in my head, "Good job, Dumbass!"

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
If you repeat it again and turn your face in the opposite direction it might just correct things. I hate my broken nose almost as much as the lump on the clef of My chin I once used to break an old school Clark foam board in half attempting 8 ft swells at "wind & sea" Lajolla.
👍

Taboma

Reaction score
Well, with the sudden shutdown here in Az, gyms are closed as of tonight. BS, but fine, F'k it, whatever. Well, wife and daughter have been going to the gym. Daughter dearest is trying to get into shape to do pull-ups and such for a physical test for her school of choice. Well then, lat-pulls are a must. In a storage trailer, I just so happened to have a BodySolid weight machine setup...this is where things get both painful, and amusing.

The trailer is a semi trailer, dock height. I was going to use the tractor, in true hillbilly style. F'r had a flat. Well, I had loaded it without one, so I figured on doing the same. I backed a pickup near the trailer, and set up a utv ramp. Well, still, all going well at that point. Well, when moving stupid heavy stuff by myself, I sometimes use crowbars. Now you may see some issues a brewing.

In the midst of inching the behemoth down the ramp, something went awry, in lightening quick fashion. I don't really know how, or what happened. The handle of the crow bar slipped from my hand. That much I'm pretty sure of. Then I saw a blinding white light, and heard a familiar crunch in the bridge of my nose. In my moment of pain, in the bright light, I'm pretty sure I saw Jesus...and he was laughing at me.

Well, I think I broke my nose. Not the first time, but first self inflicted. My kids said my nose looked a little "off"... I took a bunch of ibuprofen, and can breath out of one nostril pretty good. We'll see what the morning brings with swelling or bruising. Wife and daughter are happy though.

Echoing in my head, "Good job, Dumbass!"

Please forgive me for leaving a ' Laughing ' reaction --- nothing personal, I'm sorry you got a boo boo on your nose, but torn between a sad face and laughing face, I'm forced to admit, my initial reaction was a giggle, simply because I immediately flashed on this story as a re-run of so many of my own " I Got This " moments.

So here's that sad reaction I owe you --- :(

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I broke my nose once...got hit in the face with a drafting table. I assure you, your story is not the dumbest.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Please forgive me for leaving a ' Laughing ' reaction --- nothing personal, I'm sorry you got a boo boo on your nose, but torn between a sad face and laughing face, I'm forced to admit, my initial reaction was a giggle, simply because I immediately flashed on this story as a re-run of so many of my own " I Got This " moments.

So here's that sad reaction I owe you --- :(
Nope, doesn't deserve a sad face...pretty damn funny, I think. Bruised and sore to touch, some bloody boogers, but all good. Nose wasn't straight or pretty before. Been married for 20 years, with her for 25...she ain't staying for my looks 😂

Sherpa

Reaction score
stupid pet tricks are my specialty.....

digging out fence post concrete once I pulled on my 6' mud bar and it slipped....... yep, pulled as hard as I could on that mf'r right into
my dome...... cut me like a stuck pig......... dude next to me said If I didn't fall down he thought I could take a Tyson punch!

--I've got more stories..................

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
They better use the shit out of that equipment you almost died getting it

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
We've all probably had moments like this. What I really hate is when you're reacting to something on the spur of the moment (like reaching into the blender to unjam the blade) and you're brain is sending out the "this is a really bad idea" signal to you're hand but by the time it get there momentum is carrying you through and the stop work signal hits you hand at the same time as the sharp blade.

Taboma

Reaction score
We've all probably had moments like this. What I really hate is when you're reacting to something on the spur of the moment (like reaching into the blender to unjam the blade) and you're brain is sending out the "this is a really bad idea" signal to you're hand but by the time it get there momentum is carrying you through and the stop work signal hits you hand at the same time as the sharp blade.

I can still hear the ghost of Dear ole Dad --- "Well son, did you learn anything ?" ---- Well yes dad, you'll be happy to know I have, it just took 72 fucking years to pay more attention to that voice in my head, I mean one of the voices in particular. 😂

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
You really need to start taking video of these moments. You know, for posterity and humor, well mostly for the humor. 😁

Happy that it wasn't more than a busted nose, most of us have been there and had that WTF was I thinking moment.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
You might want to still get it looked at. Just having had sinus surgery gives me a different perspective. If things are not aligned it might be easier to correct now rather than to need to rebreak it in a year because it didn't heal right and now you can't breath right.
Just a thought.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Stupid? -------,fill in the blanks.....
me last week. For the win!

20200624_082330.jpg
20200624_180926.jpg
20200624_082347.jpg

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
We’ve all done stupid shit. That’s how I learn. Thank god for YouTube nowadays, has saved me numerous injuries. A curse of being frugal, impatient or handy and not hiring a professional to do the job has kicked me in the ass a many of times. Hope it heals quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Who hasn't been under a car pulling on a socket wrench with all their might, just as it comes loose and they punch themselves in the face 😐

These things happen.

Nordie

Reaction score
Who hasn't been under a car pulling on a socket wrench with all their might, just as it comes loose and they punch themselves in the face 😐

These things happen.

I did that twice on the same truck. One was an 02 sensor, and I managed to punch the frame. My left index finger hurt for what seemed like months. Finally one day I got a little bump near the first knuckle of my index finger. I started poking at it, and I managed to pull out a little sliver of bone. The other time I was replacing the rear bumper, I got rear ended and besides going through insurance the lady bought me a new bumper. Anyhow I slipped with the breaker bar and wacked the bedside where it rolls over. 13 stitches later...

j21black

Reaction score
Not quite as bad, but a couple weeks ago my son wanted me to play bar fight on his VR game so I obliged.

Ended up punching down onto a glass bookcase. Probably needed a sewn back up, but I just threw a couple of band aids in it and moved on.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
How about when changing the starter on your car with a impacting air ratchet, You stage you hand right between the frame and starter, hit the button, it kicks back and traps your hand up against the frame with your finger on the trigger.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Glad it wasn’t worse - we all know they can be way worse

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Apparently whatever I did to end up with this was incorrect🛎...
6E49E7C4-2E1A-4B68-91F0-DD212406FCF3.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
How about when changing the starter on your car with a impacting air ratchet, You stage you hand right between the frame and starter, hit the button, it kicks back and traps your hand up against the frame with your finger on the trigger.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch

Hey that's the sound I make working under the car when I raise up quickly and bang my forehead, then my opposite and equal reaction bangs the back of my head on the concrete, back up, back down, bang, bang, bang, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, STOP IT DAMNIT 🤬 o_O