WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anaheim Disney for Spring break, who's got a hookup?

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We are headed to Newport Dunes towards the end of March and my wife and kids want to do Disney and Ca adventure some time between the 19th and 21st. Anyone got a hookup? I'm remembering why it's been a while:eek:! My week at the Dunes is cheaper than a day at Disneyo_O. My other option is getting LA GoCards and hitting literally Anything else in So Cal. for 3 days on the cheap. For 2 adults and 3 kids the 3 day LA card is $900, Disney one park for one day is almost $800! They really want to see Disney again but when you can go to Universal, Knotts, and Six Flags, plus any other attraction we could make time for for the same cost I'm having a hard time justifying Disney.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes the local grocery stores do a discount deal. Don't really pay attention to it...we have annual passes. :D No way I would pay for one day admission full price....and I live 30 minutes away. It's pretty busy all the time....all that money to get on a few rides and not see much cuz yer in line. Annual pass is the only way to get your moneys worth imo. Sucks to not be local.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Universal Studios is not bad for a lil cheaper. Knotts is weak..but cheap. MM is far from Newport and ghetto imo...lotta big coasters too if you got little ones.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
oh...and if it's Spring Break for the local schools when you're here at Disneyland.....fogettaboutiiiit. Lol.....Download the Disney app and peek at the ride times just on a regular weekend...show your wife so she gets an idea.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park is just south of Disneyland and is a blast. Your kids will go nuts and will completely wear themselves out.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
oh...and if it's Spring Break for the local schools when you're here at Disneyland.....fogettaboutiiiit. Lol.....Download the Disney app and peek at the ride times just on a regular weekend...show your wife so she gets an idea.
Yeah, we were looking at the schedule and it would be a "peak" time so understanding the place is gonna be sardine packed makes me just want to skip it. We used to be "locals" and I would have likely had a stroke or heart attack if we still were. We like to visit, and still have a fair amount of family throughout the lower 1/2 of California, but I couldn't see myself back there as a resident. We hit Knotts a couple years ago and my kids liked it, I remember going for chicken dinner as a kid when I can only remember Montezumas Revenge and the train, the fast pass there is totally worth it too. MM is too much for my youngest, and my middle one wouldn't ride anything there either so that's out, plus the drive like you mentioned. My kids have never done Universal and I haven't since I think it barely opened, and my wife has never been. We love GWL, and go to the one in Dallas ever year, it's a quick little flight for us on a cool little regional airline that runs all Kingaires and the flights are cheap!
Looks like I'm talking myself into the answer! Thanks for the input!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park is just south of Disneyland and is a blast. Your kids will go nuts and will completely wear themselves out.

We just did Great Wolf a couple of weeks ago for my daughters bday. It was fun for the kids but thank god they served booze. What a madhouse. Not sure if that place pumps sugar through the vents or its saturated in the water but there are thousands of kids and they are all going 1000 miles an hour and then comes the crash. They are all either laughing hysterically or having total meltdowns. They have a lazy river that the kids run through at full speed. I don't even think they needed jets to make the thing go around. Just a squirt to get it going then the kids running around it could power it for the rest of the day. You have to stay there for the night to use the waterpark. We got a decent deal on a one night stay but once was enough. They have stuff going on every half hour so the kids are definitely entertained just a little intense for all involved.

Disney is going to be a zoo during spring break and I would wait for another time to go. We go once or twice a year and get our tickets through the Choc walk charity event or during their winter offseason socal discount tickets that they run yearly. If you know someone that works there they can get you in for free but that's a pretty special deal as they can only do so many passes a month I think. They are building out the new Star Wars land that should open early 2019 and is a decent sized much needed park expansion and even with the increased crowds due to the launch the extra real estate should help. When we go, we play hookie on a tuesday/wednesday on random weeks to beat the crowds. The crowds have been insane whenever we have gone on a weekend or a holiday.

We are taking the kids to universal as the fam got us a combined christmas gift of four tickets. We are looking forward to it as I haven't been in years and the kids have never been. I have been reading the Harry Potter books to my son every night so it should be pretty cool.

Knotts was WAYYYYY cheaper and the kids actually had a really good time there (3 and 5). Camp snoopy was a hit and they liked the other rides that they could go on in the mexican village etc... We only did a couple of the smaller roller coasters and still had a full day.

Not taking the kids to Magic Mountain until they are teenagers and they can enjoy the roller coasters.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Disney doesn't even offer reduced admission for employees' own families.

The only way I know to get a hook up is to know someone who works there that would sign you in.
Employees get a number of sign ins per year.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Phil - they might like legoland. We asked my oldest if she wanted to do Disney again for her 5th and said nope (thank God). She asked for legoland or the river.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a "Disney hook-up" anymore?