WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anchoring the Canopy into dirt/gravel

asa400ex

Reaction score
I need to anchor a canopy into the ground and don't want to use stakes with tie-down straps. Trying to avoid straps altogether. Other then just pouring a concrete footing what other trick ways have you guys anchored your canopies down.

Thanks

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Uhhh are you referring to a canopy at home? Semi permanent? I did a bucket with a bag of concrete at the feet of all my poles on a 14' x 26' canopy (think tree in planter box). Held the frame great.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I've seen people put the post in a cinder block and pour concrete around. Same concept as a bucket. What about driving in a metal stake and bolting to the post

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Dog leash beach screw at each corner, if the soil is receptive to such a devise.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I have used the pre cast footings at Home Depot and bury them and attach the leg to that.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Canopy at the river..... U need 4 Home Depot 5 gallon buckets, they are lite weight and easy to carry. Fill each of them with water since your canopy is only a few feet from the river and hook a tie down to the canopy frame and the other end to the bucket handle. With this method u never have to carry and heavy weights around with u.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Canopy at the river..... U need 4 Home Depot 5 gallon buckets, they are lite weight and easy to carry. Fill each of them with water since your canopy is only a few feet from the river and hook a tie down to the canopy frame and the other end to the bucket handle. With this method u never have to carry and heavy weights around with u.

This is what we do at Moabi for our week long trips but use sand.