WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

And I’m out!

dspracing

Reaction score
Today was my last day with my (now) previous employer of 13 years. Feels great to be moving on to a new adventure.

Headed out camping with the fam this weekend. Monday we move to Havasu and the following Monday I start with a new company. Should have taken a longer break in between!

Cheers to the weekend and a new adventure 🍻

6D164ED8-DB74-43BD-AD47-245456E1B4BA.jpeg

dspracing

Reaction score
Your going to miss all that traffic...... 👍
That’s all I could think about the whole way out here. 72 miles, 2.5 hours. And if I’m lucky I’ll get to do it again on Sunday!

dspracing

Reaction score
Congratulations, but remember… leave California politics in California
My politics are spot on but I’ve really spent time reflecting on the ways that I have become accustomed to life in California as our quality of life erodes and freedoms continue to be stripped away. Taking the “it’s not that bad” or “it’s still better than California” approach is unacceptable and I’ve vowed to myself that I will take part in the community and stand up to maintain that quality of life. And, ditch the California attitude.

Congrats! No hurry here so we can get some decent internet😂
I’m excited to be taking part in something that so many people will enjoy.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
My politics are spot on but I’ve really spent time reflecting on the ways that I have become accustomed to life in California as our quality of life erodes and freedoms continue to be stripped away. Taking the “it’s not that bad” or “it’s still better than California” approach is unacceptable and I’ve vowed to myself that I will take part in the community and stand up to maintain that quality of life. And, ditch the California attitude.

I’m excited to be taking part in something that so many people will enjoy.
congrats.... the hardest thing I've noticed with the move for people from california is to leave it behind... they seem to want to make havasu more like cal... people in havasu don't want a goverened "QUALITY" of life.... they like it as it as,... thats why they have stayed there... they like the if you wanna change,... move...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope that it is all that you wanted. I know that it has been enjoyable the few months that we have been here. What part of town are you going to be in?

dspracing

Reaction score
Hope that it is all that you wanted. I know that it has been enjoyable the few months that we have been here. What part of town are you going to be in?
We are renting a house on McCulloch pretty close to RD while we wait for our house in the refuge to be built.

DLC

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is really cool!!

I would love to be in your shoes…. Now could you hurry up with the internet!

LoL

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Congrats and go full bore. Nothing to fear in change....its how we grow

dspracing

Reaction score
We always hear about people packing up and moving to a new place. What I’ve never heard about, it was actually goes into making this happen. For us, it was far more difficult than what we had expected.

About us, early 30’s with a 2 year old and 2 dogs. I work and have an online business, my wife takes care of everything else. You hear the saying “give a woman a house and she will make it a home”. I am SO grateful to have heard this expression recently so that I could really appreciate my wife’s incredible ability to make us all feel at home without having a permanent home.

We sold our house in April with the intention of buying in havasu. Tricky to buy a house in another state without a job there. Doable, but we decided it was a better value if we were to build. We search high and low for rentals but with 2 dogs and one being medium sized it just isn’t happening in this market. So we move into our motorhome beside my parents house. We can run our business from there and have a little room to spread out while I work and we shop for a lot. Of course, my wife does a beautiful job of setting the 5 of us up in the motorhome and making it feel like home.

It’s not easy getting ready for work at 4am without disturbing the rest of the occupants but we make it work. Most weekends we are pretty busy traveling for one reason or another. The wife of course packs everything we need and makes us a home wherever we are. The baby knows no sense of a routine at this point but has seen and experienced so much. We take him wherever we go(whether we want to or not!)

My parents go on vacation for a month so we move into the house so we can spread out a bit and take the motorhome out to Havasu Springs for the summer. My wife gets us all moved in and comfortable while also keeping the motorhome adequately outfitted for our weekly trip to the springs (sense a theme here?).

When they return we head up to a friends casita in Oak Hills. Another great experience, a bit of a longer commute for me but the afternoons taking spontaneous off-road adventures with my son or chasing him around the property make it all worth it. Boy is it beautiful up here, I see why people do it now!

Getting pretty well tired of my job and the unknown at this point, in addition to the even smaller living quarters, we start to get discouraged. Day by day I search for jobs waiting for the right opportunity to come up. I get several job offers along the way but I don’t want to settle for just any job. I’m watching rental houses pop up every week or two with hundreds of applications being submitted and wonder how we can ever make this happen. How can I compete for a house without having a job? What if I take a job without a place to live? It’s like the chicken or the egg….

Finally one morning I see my perfect job. I apply and job 7 interviews later, the right house pops up, but still no job. We apply, and get the rental house! The next day I get the call and the jobs is ours! Day after that the HOA approves our house design. Months of struggling and it all comes together just like that.

Special thanks to Amber of team RDP who has been beyond amazing through this entire process and continued to support us(understatement) long after the sale.

We aren’t out of the woods yet but we are well on our way. Off to bed, picking up the uhaul in 7 hours.