WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Andrew Luck Retiring

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Several credible outlets are reporting that Andrew Luck will officially announce his retirement tomorrow.

Absolutley stunning!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hahaha. Colts QB. He should have been the Heisman winner as well.

He seems to be a good dude also. Either his shoulder is really effed up still or they were also saying he wanted to focus on his family.
He injured his leg in pre season practices.

He is one of the good guys. I have always liked him.

I am sure he will be a great coach in the future.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Hahaha. Colts QB. He should have been the Heisman winner as well.

He seems to be a good dude also. Either his shoulder is really effed up still or they were also saying he wanted to focus on his family.
Oh , it's the American football game .....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is why my fantasy league never drafts until pre season is over. Luck retiring and Lamar Miller out for the season with a torn ACL........

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
His career sure was a flop me thinks following his success at Stanford.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
4 time pro bowler and several winning seasons.....[emoji2369][emoji2369]

He’s officially a flop. Russell Wilson was drafted the same year, in the 3rd round. Luck was the #1 overall pick. Just sayin’.

Singleton

Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion, but I will stand by the fact that he was far from a flop.

Not a flop, but injuries cut this career shot.
Does not matter what team he played for, he could not overcome the injuries.
Half of rehab is mental, and he has shown his mental recovery is weak.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You guys are cold. Social media seems to make everyone think their opinions matter.

The guy was on an endless cycle of injuries and recoveries. He’s a phenomenal talent who had misfortunes that cut his career short.

His talent and intelligence should be respected in a violent team game where being the best on a mediocre team isn’t enough to win it all.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I think he’ll come back and play for a different team. Indy never built a team around him, they made him carry the team on his back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
I think he’ll come back and play for a different team. Indy never built a team around him, they made him carry the team on his back.

He can’t. Indy owns his rights and his guaranteed money will be paid via an injury insurance policy.
Only way he can come back under a different team is if Indy releases him and that has cap and cash flow impacts.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Luck threw deadly accurate long ball rockets.
No QB really ever recovers from shoulder separation.
The treatments have gotten better but still, it’s usually a career ending injury.

Nordie

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked that he announced his retirement. My assumption is that something is really fucked up with his leg, and I think he is just tired of getting beat up behind that o-line. So the Colts are getting a blessing here (again), they are going to tank the season, just as their (suck for luck) campaign. I would bet they want to go after that kid from Clemson.

HCP3

Reaction score
Colts fans booed his final walk off the field. Classy.

USClb41

Reaction score
Boo hoo, I’m tired too but I still get up and go to work every day.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That's sad. They should be booing the upper management for making poor decisions that led to his demise.

Been many good QBs that didn't fair as well as expected mostly due to lacking the supporting cast. The great ones did well with what they had. But no matter what, few did well if they had a JV offensive line.

Singleton

Reaction score
Colts fans booed his final walk off the field. Classy.

Read an article that the fans were pissed and boo’d due to social media rumor flying that he was retiring and the team scheduled a Sunday press conference for it, but would not say anything during game.
By the time the game was over it was confirmed he was retiring, yet the team and Luck were not saying anything, but his press conference.
Article stated the boos were the reason Luck addressed press after game.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that Luck and the team have already agreed to a settlement in which he doesn’t have to give back any of his signing bonus money, they could have recouped $25M but chose to let him keep it.

I’m going to guess that one of the conditions behind them letting him keep the money is that he can’t come back and play for another team.

Singleton

Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that Luck and the team have already agreed to a settlement in which he doesn’t have to give back any of his signing bonus money, they could have recouped $25M but chose to let him keep it.

I’m going to guess that one of the conditions behind them letting him keep the money is that he can’t come back and play for another team.

ESPN reported that the agreement was finalized last last week and at least 2 days prior to the game last night. If that is true, they should of announced prior to the game. Fans reaction would of different.

ridebig

Reaction score
2D238CF9-B519-4475-A2E2-1D762F19FBA4.jpeg
Not me but this would suck!

HEY YOU

Reaction score
Might be able to get the money back because he retired before the season started.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Good news. I hope he has a long and healthy life to enjoy it. He’s smart enough to leverage his wealth and celebrity into something lucrative.

thetub

Reaction score
Good news. I hope he has a long and healthy life to enjoy it. He’s smart enough to leverage his wealth and celebrity into something lucrative.

yah like a cushy job working for the gobernmnet...;)

Socalx09

Reaction score
So much for the RGIII vs Luck draft endless debate on who would be the next great... sad both of them didn’t have the careers many thought would.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Andrew was a great guy. Went to HS here in Houston, Stratford Spartans, then had a great career at Stanford. Dad is Oliver Luck who played at Wake Forest and then had a backup career in the NFL. Oliver was a Rhodes Scholar and has spent last years in Soccer and lower level pro football league management. If Andrew has the business expertise of his dad, he'll do well.

The guy has been injury prone and it's likely he just wants to live without the pain of rehabbing his injuries 12 months a year over and over. When the game ceases to be fun, it's time to leave it behind. Complete lack of class on the Indy fans part to boo the guy. They have a great coach in Frank Reich and enough players to still be competitive. But you can't replace a talent like Luck. Anyone that doesn't think he was talented or failed to live up to that talent, obviously never watched him play. He just had bad "luck" physically as many others in this rough game over the years.....

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Left almost $500 Mill on the table if he had played well and as long as Brady

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
One fact not mentioned is Jim Irsay, the owner of the Colts who is one of the worst in the league. He’s been a micro-managing social media post whore who’s had plenty of issues (DUI, drug issues, mistress OD’d, etc.) while inheriting the team from his father.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
One fact not mentioned is Jim Irsay, the owner of the Colts who is one of the worst in the league. He’s been a micro-managing social media post whore who’s had plenty of issues (DUI, drug issues, mistress OD’d, etc.) while inheriting the team from his father.

He’s a pillbilly and terrible for the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Left almost $500 Mill on the table if he had played well and as long as Brady

And with his history of concussions and other serious injures, he may not be able to enjoy it. And I know his family takes him over the money. The Lucks have money and the ability to make much more off the field.....