WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Andrew Madoff= Ouccupy

sdpm

Reaction score
I watched this guy and his mom last night on 60 Minutes. He should be the poster boy for this "Occupy" crap going on. He made over $60mil in 10 years. Doing what? How many more are out there just like him. Wall Street Brokers playing with other people's lively hoods. When your at or even near the top, all you are doing is "WINNING"! American Greed at it's finest!

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I watched this guy and his mom last night on 60 Minutes. He should be the poster boy for this "Occupy" crap going on. He made over $60mil in 10 years. Doing what? How many more are out there just like him. Wall Street Brokers playing with other people's lively hoods. When your at or even near the top, all you are doing is "WINNING"! American Greed at it's finest!

A little jeaolus are we? His side of the business has not been proven of any wrong doing. There is thousands of stock brokers and money managers out there. If you have any money/investments you're probably helping one of "them". Should all of your investments be managed for free, should you be given financial advice for free?

I'm getting sick of hearing about people feeling like everything should be free to them and no one can earn wealth and enjoy their hard work.

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score

Is that what you got out of the piece on 60 minutes last night???

Interesting. :rolleyes:

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Here's a great perspective.....

37967110150344900161820.jpg

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
In before lockdown...................:thumbsup:thumbsup

sdpm

Reaction score
A little jeaolus are we? His side of the business has not been proven of any wrong doing. There is thousands of stock brokers and money managers out there. If you have any money/investments you're probably helping one of "them". Should all of your investments be managed for free, should you be given financial advice for free?

I'm getting sick of hearing about people feeling like everything should be free to them and no one can earn wealth and enjoy their hard work.

Where did I say "Free" ? Where did I say he was doing anything "Wrong"? Jeaolus ? Maybe a little. But seriously $16,500 a day, everyday for 10 years!

sdpm

Reaction score
Is that what you got out of the piece on 60 minutes last night???

Interesting. :rolleyes:

No. Just a part of it. Do you believe them when they said they had absolutly no idea what was going on?

dribble

Reaction score
Where did I say "Free" ? Where did I say he was doing anything "Wrong"? Jeaolus ? Maybe a little. But seriously $16,500 a day, everyday for 10 years!

Assuming that this was done legally (which by all indications it was), what exactly is wrong with that ?

2Driver

Reaction score
Didnt understand the occupy Wall St thing until this explanation

[video=youtube;OW56Z-0xwIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ[/video]

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
No. Just a part of it. Do you believe them when they said they had absolutly no idea what was going on?

Well since one son turned him in and the other killed himself over this mess, I tend to believe they didn't know.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That was epic! :thumbsup Thanks for that.

Sounds like the people I work with. :thumbsup Whatever happens we will be just fine. :cool::p

Here's a great perspective.....

37967110150344900161820.jpg

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score

Thats what got from your post, that its wrong at least.

So you're complaining about the amount of money he makes? I dont see anything wrong with making that kind of money, he's educated, works hard, takes risks, puts his life into it. Not sure what I'm missing.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Just to give some perspective, because I have been in this business for 20+ years.

Millions of people work in the financial services industry. Most work very hard, play by the rules and make modest amounts of money. There is no free lunch. This is the "norm."

There are very few guys that "got it" and can perform (i.e. make their clients money consistently) and they are the "exception." These guys on top manage massive amounts of money (think billions) So they make their clients massive amounts of money when they perform. If someone is making $60 million a year (which is rare) they are making their clients an obscene amount of money and their clients are more than happy to pay their commission.(it is, afterall the client paying them ;):p) And one bad year can ruin everything so their stay on the top could possibly be..... short.:cool:

Then you got guys like Bernie Madoff who is nothing but a two-bit crook and belongs in prison.

Of course some people want to paint the entire industry as "evil" and throw the baby out with the bath water. When in fact most who work in the industry are just hard working folks earning a modest lifestyle.

But thats how it works in this country sometimes.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Just to give some perspective, because I have been in this business for 20+ years.

Millions of people work in the financial services industry. Most work very hard, play by the rules and make modest amounts of money. There is no free lunch. This is the "norm."

There are very few guys that "got it" and can perform (i.e. make their clients money consistently) and they are the "exception." These guys on top manage massive amounts of money (think billions) So they make their clients massive amounts of money when they perform. If someone is making $60 million a year (which is rare) they are making their clients an obscene amount of money and their clients are more than happy to pay their commission.(it is, afterall the client paying them ;):p) And one bad year can ruin everything so their stay on the top could possibly be..... short.:cool:

Now let's think TRILLIONS!

Long read so I'm just gonna link it. Most people here won't understand it. :skull:D

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Commodity-traders-The-rb-1862733731.html?x=0

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score

its easy to win when you make the rules:smackbum:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Now let's think TRILLIONS!

Long read so I'm just gonna link it. Most people here won't understand it. :skull:D

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Commodity-traders-The-rb-1862733731.html?x=0

Most of these supertraders started small and learned to flourish by gaining more and more control of their specialized commodities. They've learned how to legally manipulate and grease the system while staying relatively anonymous. It's easy to see how the growing world population is offering opportunities to expand production of food products and finished goods into growing socalled 3rd world countries. If this nation continues to restrict free enterprise from agriculture to manufacturing we soon will have all our merchandise and food coming from other nations who are more than happy to adapt and grow. Our bureaucracy is what will eventually be our demise.

China and India and others continue to by up raw goods right from under our noses to one day sell to us on their terms and prices. And we'll not be in any position to not accept what they give us. Our major corps are already building and wxpanding into Asia and other continents. Many who desire it will one day get their wish when the US is nothing but a bedroom community of lower scale users. We've already seen the beginning in communities that have lost their business segments to offshore facilites.

I'd comment further but this will head quickly to the Political Forum when I'm told I'm full of shitt......Shitt Futures are looking very good by the way.:skull

Old Texan

Reaction score
its easy to win when you make the rules:smackbum:

Or better, handsomely compensate those who make the rules as you sit far back from the stage near the exit door with your high dollar vehicle's motor running........

I wonder if Mark Rich was born with his last name????? Irony or omen????:skull

Fltplan

Reaction score
I was under the impression that he was being sued for $60 mil, as that was money that his dad had given him in a 10 year period. All of that money was dirty, thus he's being sued for it. That was seperate from his income, which was legit supposedly. Where is the $60 mil? No one asked the question.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I was under the impression that he was being sued for $60 mil, as that was money that his dad had given him in a 10 year period. All of that money was dirty, thus he's being sued for it. That was seperate from his income, which was legit supposedly. Where is the $60 mil? No one asked the question.

If Madoff supplemented this legit business with money from the ponzi scheme, then he indeed put that business in a position where it could be seized I'd think.

Bottom line to me is anything Madoff had anything to do with is tarnished whether anyone else know or not. If the son has any conscience at all it would be a gesture of goodwill to give his savings to those his crooked assed father screwed. Also I wonder if anyone is going to do business with this kid in the future? Lots will feel the acorn likely fell close to the tree and avoid hiom like the plague.....

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Here's one from the 53%

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320434375.955224.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320434375.955224.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 38

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
If Madoff supplemented this legit business with money from the ponzi scheme, then he indeed put that business in a position where it could be seized I'd think.

Bottom line to me is anything Madoff had anything to do with is tarnished whether anyone else know or not. If the son has any conscience at all it would be a gesture of goodwill to give his savings to those his crooked assed father screwed. Also I wonder if anyone is going to do business with this kid in the future? Lots will feel the acorn likely fell close to the tree and avoid hiom like the plague.....

You cant be serious. If he is clean and has no involvement with his dad's ponzi scheme then why should he pay for his dad's crime?