• Welcome to River Dave's Place

Andy Clark custom ski

Discussion in 'Pro Shop' started by Nailhead, May 14, 2010.

1. Nailhead

Nailhead Well-Known Member

Selling my Andy Clark 78" ski. It's in xlnt cond. with double adjustable bindings. Also has a custom fitted vinyl case. The case does have a couple of razor cuts in it that can be easily fixed. 400 or whats it worth to ya?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DickieB

DickieB Well-Known Member

I have just about the same ski, built in 1970. 2 Tone blue, modified.
    Have you had any luck selling yours? I'm getting too old to use mine anymore. It's one of those "Whistlers" that lets out a strange noise when you get it out of the water, Andy never could tell me why it did that but some of them did.

3. Nailhead

Nailhead Well-Known Member

I just skiied it last weekend. Not trying to sell it now. Want to get rid of yours? Let me know

4. DickieB

I dunno...........Let me think about it for awhile........it's a pretty cool old board. The "Kids" just don't understand.............

5. Wheeler

Wheeler Well-Known Member

My brother left this one behind when moved out, he did take the Checkmates and Murdochs with him though. :swear

After all these years the bindings are still pliable and no tears. :thumbsup

Attached Files:

6. DickieB

That's an old Andy square back........used to be the ski of choice for the ski racers back then. The also make one hell of a fun ski, especially if you like to get some air!
    I also have an older Murdoch or possibly Maha race ski that has Andy fun binders on it. Makes a great play ski if you want to go a little faster in rough water.

Now you got me thinkin', hell, I may just get them out and see if I can still ski!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  7. mesquito_creek

mesquito_creek Well-Known Member

As you might see in another thread I started... I came across a pair of Andy Clark skis. My next door neighbor died and they were sold at the estate sale. My question is, how in the world do these ski track without a tunnel?

8. obnoxious001

obnoxious001 Engine building character

When they were made, the were considered a "speed ski", primarily for going straight. Now days I would term it to be more of a cruising ski, since race skis have evolved quite a bit.