WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Andy Clark custom ski

Nailhead

Reaction score
Selling my Andy Clark 78" ski. It's in xlnt cond. with double adjustable bindings. Also has a custom fitted vinyl case. The case does have a couple of razor cuts in it that can be easily fixed. 400 or whats it worth to ya?
100_3106.jpg

100_3107.jpg

100_3109.jpg

DickieB

Reaction score
I have just about the same ski, built in 1970. 2 Tone blue, modified.
Have you had any luck selling yours? I'm getting too old to use mine anymore. It's one of those "Whistlers" that lets out a strange noise when you get it out of the water, Andy never could tell me why it did that but some of them did.

Nailhead

Reaction score
I just skiied it last weekend. Not trying to sell it now. Want to get rid of yours? Let me know

DickieB

Reaction score
I dunno...........Let me think about it for awhile........it's a pretty cool old board. The "Kids" just don't understand.............

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I dunno...........Let me think about it for awhile........it's a pretty cool old board. The "Kids" just don't understand.............

My brother left this one behind when moved out, he did take the Checkmates and Murdochs with him though. :swear

After all these years the bindings are still pliable and no tears. :thumbsup

Attachments

• Sunday Morning 050.jpg
    Sunday Morning 050.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 791
  • Sat. Aug. 1, '10 006.jpg
    Sat. Aug. 1, '10 006.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 795

DickieB

Reaction score
That's an old Andy square back........used to be the ski of choice for the ski racers back then. The also make one hell of a fun ski, especially if you like to get some air!
I also have an older Murdoch or possibly Maha race ski that has Andy fun binders on it. Makes a great play ski if you want to go a little faster in rough water.

Now you got me thinkin', hell, I may just get them out and see if I can still ski!

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
As you might see in another thread I started... I came across a pair of Andy Clark skis. My next door neighbor died and they were sold at the estate sale. My question is, how in the world do these ski track without a tunnel?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
When they were made, the were considered a "speed ski", primarily for going straight. Now days I would term it to be more of a cruising ski, since race skis have evolved quite a bit.

Mark Collins

Reaction score
I worked for Andy with Dennis Funk and Bob Sanders around the mid 70s. When i worked there i found his old files of orders he took around 1958 i was 4 years old when he built skis out of his garage. My dad had a set of doubles and a single for himself made. I built binders and made some ski ropes. I still have my 5 Clarks. It was a awesome place to work at with Andy, Dennis and Bob. Met a lot of great people . Mark Collins