WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Angel Stadium Sold

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Always beautiful to see nice, new apartments where the people with jobs pay $3,000 a month and keep their places nice... while those without jobs pay $400 a month, trash their apartment, and make the whole building smell like weed 👍

Side note: My wife works on the purchase and sale side of commercial real estate. Some of the these real estate guys have realized that the CA gubment will hand out a lot of our taxpayer money to developers to subsidize "affordable housing". So yeah, it's only going to get worse.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Arte Moreno, they guy that bought the Angles, changed the name to "Los Angeles" Angles,🤣 dropped beer prices a buck, year late raised them 3$----Go Yankees.
Angle fan leaves the building every August.......😂
<-------Born and raised Socal, f'ing hate the Angles,almost as much as the redsux.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Arte Moreno, they guy that bought the Angles, changed the name to "Los Angeles" Angles,🤣 dropped beer prices a buck, year late raised them 3$----Go Yankees.
<-------Born and raised Socal, f'ing hate the Angles,almost as much as the redsux.
Meh... The Angles, Yankees, Red Sox, Astros...... There isnt much redeeming about the American League anymore anyhow...... lol!

riverroyal

Reaction score
What did I miss? New stadium being built somewhere? They moving out of oc?
I’d be fucking pissed if I developed land around the ‘stadium’ for that urban living

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What did I miss? New stadium being built somewhere? They moving out of oc?
I’d be fucking pissed if I developed land around the ‘stadium’ for that urban living
Too late. They have been building the Platinum Triangle in the neighborhood for awhile now. These new ones are just a little closer to the stadium.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

If you wanna see a real shithole go west a few miles to Chavez Ravine. Literally, the most ghetto stadium in all of MLB.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So where are the angels going to play?

Big things are happening for the Angels. It’s going to be a pretty wild area filled with bars, restaurants and shops. I’m not confident it’s happening quickly but I’ve been to a few meetings where it’s getting put together. The stadium is going to get swallowed up by development. We’ll have to park way off site and bus in.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Looks like some affordable housing coming to the area.

I didn’t read this whole article but thought as long as he paid the bill for the stadium as is. He could build another stadium elsewhere. That’s is he would have to keep paying on the current site for 20 years. Then no stipulations

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I didn’t read this whole article but thought as long as he paid the bill for the stadium as is. He could build another stadium elsewhere. That’s is he would have to keep paying on the current site for 20 years. Then no stipulations. No affordable housing. Etc. just wait and sell it for a profit.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how the hell they're gonna do it by giving up that space. It's slammed now all around it with all the new housing up on Gene Autry. Gonna have to be bussed in from a parking structure. Disneyland 2.0. Lol... All them overpriced places all around should love the upcoming new "affordable" housing neighbors. Too bad I'm not an Angel fan....I got a nice parking spot close by if I need it. 😁
Big things are happening for the Angels. It’s going to be a pretty wild area filled with bars, restaurants and shops. I’m not confident it’s happening quickly but I’ve been to a few meetings where it’s getting put together. The stadium is going to get swallowed up by development. We’ll have to park way off site and bus in.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how the hell they're gonna do it by giving up that space. It's slammed now all around it with all the new housing up on Gene Autry. Gonna have to be bussed in from a parking structure. Disneyland 2.0. Lol... All them overpriced places all around should love the upcoming new "affordable" housing neighbors. Too bad I'm not an Angel fan....I got a nice parking spot close by if I need it. 😁

It’s pretty wild from the renderings. It’s going to stretch across the 57 and connect with The Pond. The transportation building over by The Pond I think is going to be the conduit to move people.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
It’s pretty wild from the renderings. It’s going to stretch across the 57 and connect with The Pond. The transportation building over by The Pond I think is going to be the conduit to move people.
Didn't peep at any of it. Would be kinda cool to do some kind of monorail kinda deal. Thats alot of people to move in time for a game me thinks.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yep, a sport were the players cry over a bat flip. Bunch of pussies

You could be right but yet it’s the most profitable American sport. I’m not going to hate on a sport that literally turns dimes into dollars.

rrrr

Reaction score
Affordable housing my ass.
Exactly. When the time comes for construction, there will be environmental lawsuits, NIMBY lawsuits, climate change lawsuits, racism and equity lawsuits, and more lawsuits that don't come to mind right now.

Building housing in LA County triples the cost of construction. It's gonna happen.

BB132

Reaction score
I was just thinking.
If this state is in such a drought why do they keep building more housing?
Where is all this water coming from for the new developments???

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Meh... The Angles, Yankees, Red Sox, Astros...... There isnt much redeeming about the American League anymore anyhow...... lol!
Yes. Because you have analytic nerds like Chiam Bloom running things. I wish the Red Sox would pay me what they pay him. Even me with absolutely no executive baseball knowledge can tell you you need pitching and a DH and a first baseman. Nerds🤢 Then they gave triscuit body Chis Sale the big bucks who’s a toothpick who can’t pitch a whole season. The wind blows and he get injured.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I was just thinking.
I've been saying the same thing for years.

ahavasu

Reaction score
Can you imagine what a shit show it's going to be to exit Angel Stadium's new "Parking Structures" after a game? Imagine being on the 5th level with 4 levels of stupidity to get through just to exit the game. People trying to back out of spaces while drunken idiots try to get out of the structure like it's a race. It's bad enough on flat ground.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Hope all you stadium peeps like mass transit because your not parking a car anywhere near that future cluster fuck.

This High Density crap will show its head aimed at the Honda Center next.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hope all you stadium peeps like mass transit because your not parking a car anywhere near that future cluster fuck.

Park at the local bars - most all have free shuttles or shuttle access of some sort.
BTW for the single people:
Angel stadium is the best place to meet chix.
Buy the cheapest seat and drink out in the Bud Patio.

angel-stadium-bud-patio-20160118_1388.jpg

patio-3-102715.jpg

Angels have a good team and a savvy manager this season,,, injuries aside.
If you have a bunch of kids the Motel 6 on Disney Way has HUGE suites for reasonable prices and shuttle access.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Lol, please read post 34🙂 all is fine.....for now.😄

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I was just thinking.
Because all cities ( govt also ) are like giant ponzie schemes , they need the money from current / future works to pay for past

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Lol, please read post 34🙂 all is fine.....for now.😄
What? Read a bunch of actual facts....I don't think so.

Have you not learned anything from all those Speed Car threads? ;)

El Rojo

Reaction score

I never drive there, I live in Brea and we just Uber back and forth, let them build what they want. I haven’t parked there in years…