WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Animal House - The Movie

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Another classic I hadn't seen until last night. My Dad used to say, if you want to know what my fraternity in college was like, watch the movie. They were apparently Delta house.

Here are some cool facts you probably didn’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Came out the summer of my freshman year. LOL it was a great influencer, “this is going to be great“.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I need to sit my wife down and make her watch it. Definitely one of my favorites.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

old rigger

Reaction score
Love the film.
another little known fact, the Kingsmen’s version of Louie Louie (arguably the greatest rock song ever) used in the film couldn’t have happened in the 1962 setting of the story. That song came out in ‘63.
AND the Kingsmen’s version is the first song to have the word ‘fuck’ in it. The drummer either dropped a stick or hit the side of the drum, I can’t remember which, during the guitar break but if you listen closely he yells ‘fuck’ at this point in the song.
There’s a great interview with the original singer somewhere on YouTube and he tells the story.

Last edited:

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Same here, we had some homemade shine that mixed with punch went down easy. I saw friends do things that night that they never did again.;)

I remember opening the door to the office room in the house and this guy and girl from my fast food job were going at it doggy style. She had a nice body but a butter face and he had the toga pulled up so it was covering her face....lol

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I need to sit my wife down and make her watch it. Definitely one of my favorites.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
........ wish mine would watch it..... If she walks in the room and it's on she sarcastically says.."how many times have you watched this, 100?" same with Blazing Saddles

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Another classic I hadn't seen until last night. My Dad used to say, if you want to know what my fraternity in college was like, watch the movie. They were apparently Delta house.

Here are some cool facts you probably didn’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in gods green earth have you never seen that movie until now??

I made my kids watch it when the were teenagers. Along with a ton of other classic movies. I didn't want them missing out on the jokes when the heard them in school!

I suppose you haven't seen The Breakfast Club either??

:p

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
How in gods green earth have you never seen that movie until now??

I made my kids watch it when the were teenagers. Along with a ton of other classic movies. I didn't want them missing out on the jokes when the heard them in school!

I suppose you haven't seen The Breakfast Club either??

:p

I have seen the breakfast club, sixteen candle, pretty in pink and every other of the same vein pretty much but had never seen animal house.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Never seen it? How old are you!
AH and Caddyshack are the 2 funniest movies ever made.
Closely followed by Ghostbusters and Blazing Saddles.

poncho

Reaction score
I remember opening the door to the office room in the house and this guy and girl from my fast food job were going at it doggy style. She had a nice body but a butter face and he had the toga pulled up so it was covering her face....lol
300lbs. and the sink breaks loose, friend opens the bathroom door and she is sitting on the floor crying with her pants around her ankles, 90lb. dude standing there in shock.....Priceless.

ssc

Reaction score
I remember seeing it at the movie theater. I think I remember what theater I saw it at. I definitely remember the young lady I saw it with and that’s I have to say about that. 😉

Cheers, Steve

TrollerDave

Reaction score
“Do you mind if we dance with your dates?”

“No Not at all”
1600403538619.gif

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
This was the first VHS tape my dad bought after getting the VCR. Watched it 100 times at least.