WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ankle holsters

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Need something to conceal a G43, needs to be secure and not needing readjustment all of the time. Any suggestions?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have pretty much everything glock makes in 9mm. G26 is my EDC- and favorite- i shoot it better than my 19. Need to be able to conceal a 43 on my ankle. I have a soft side IWB holster already and it disappears. Need a BUG/ alternative carry option. Don’t want to be messing with it all day. Going into a bathroom every 6 hours to readjust is an Option.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Comfort is not a big concern, I can adjust to it. But don’t want it slipping down every few steps.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If this is for everyday kind of deal, it will probably suck. I'm pretty sure you're on your feet more than most, in terms of walking and movement. If that's the case, start "bedtime backwards"...in your case, end of carry backwards. Go for the last few hours, when muscles are already fatigued a bit. Each day, strap down an hour earlier. If you go the other way, can flat mess you up for the remainder of the day, to the point of not quit limping, but possible changing your gait and "misaligning" your normal walk. Most peoples' walk changes throughout the day based on fatigue and how crappy the day is. If you start backwards, less noticeable to those who see you everyday.
When I do carry, I tend to with an IWB...but I also very rarely worry about concealment due to where it is I may feel the need to carry. Pretty rare these days.

Backlash

Reaction score
You will be hard pressed to find an EDC holster that works as it should as an ankle holster. I've tried them and have determined they suck, and they aren't worth the hassle. IWB holster is your best bet for that firearm.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have IWB options. I need some alternative options for different situations. I know it’s not ideal. Comfort is not a big concern. I have a couple of situations in my day to day where IWB is not always an option. Comfort is not a concern, but consealment is. Just looking for options that work. In the current day and age, I would prefer to be armed as much as possible. I want some options to be able to carry 24/7. Thanks.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have IWB options. I need some alternative options for different situations. I know it’s not ideal. Comfort is not a big concern. I have a couple of situations in my day to day where IWB is not always an option. Comfort is not a concern, but consealment is. Just looking for options that work. In the current day and age, I would prefer to be armed as much as possible. I want some options to be able to carry 24/7. Thanks.
If that's the case, one with the calf strap is definitely your best option. They stay put really well, as @Firemanjoe said. I always had issue with how they felt squating or kneeling down. The nature of my work had me doing that quite a bit.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
What are the situations where iwb isn't an option? We may have other ideas outside of ankle

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Just looking for options for a BUG and other situations where I don’t want a bulge on my waist. Not really looking to get into specifics. I am pretty active in my day to day and can’t let anything be seen if I’m reaching and my waistband becomes uncovered.

ssc

Reaction score
I am not in favor of ankle holsters. I will pass on some observations. Somes years ago, I was at the red onion mexican restaurant. Long gone, but we were in the bar and a friend of mine was (LASD) walking across the floor when his model 60 went sliding across the floor. Somehow it slipped out of his ankle holster. Seemed it happened to a few other deputies, or so I was told. Another time, I was in a bar when a couple of gents got into a disagreement. The one gent tries to grab his gun out of an ankle holster and as he is trying to get it, the other gent proceeds to beat him damn near to death. I saw a video of an off duty cop who was in a store or bank and someone came in to rob the place. He tried to draw from his ankle holster and got shot for his troubles. Perhaps consider a holster shirt. I have a few buddies who carried BUG's in this fashion. They are all retired now, but it seemed to offer an opportunity for a small BUG.

Cheers, Steve

f12517

Reaction score
Pocket carry? I pocket carry my 43 all day, everyday. Work style doesn't allow me to iwb, so I pocket carry the 43 w/ the flush mag.

clarence

Reaction score
"best ankle holster for glock 43"

etc, etc.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I have carried for a long time and in the last year I’ve been using holsters in the owb config from this dude on eBay. I have three of them for three different side arms that I rotate ln comfort and price his product is hard to beat.
1637852780363.png

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Need something to conceal a G43, needs to be secure and not needing readjustment all of the time. Any suggestions?
Carry OWB.......if someone sees it they get the idea not to mess with you.

Get415

Reaction score
Most ankle holster are gonna loosen up and be a problem. Obviously I have no clue your background but I can offer a little info that hopefully helps. If you haven't carried that way before, give it some serious consideration. If you find yourself in the OH SHIT situation, what are the chances you will be able to safely get it. Lot of moving parts when it comes to ankle carry. Wherever you decide, practice retrieving and retention. A lot of people forget that part of training. Weapon retention is huge.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Most ankle holster are gonna loosen up and be a problem. Obviously I have no clue your background but I can offer a little info that hopefully helps. If you haven't carried that way before, give it some serious consideration. If you find yourself in the OH SHIT situation, what are the chances you will be able to safely get it. Lot of moving parts when it comes to ankle carry. Wherever you decide, practice retrieving and retention. A lot of people forget that part of training. Weapon retention is huge.

Agreed. Imo, an ankle holster is exclusively a "retreat and regroup" style of holster and should be used as such

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I know it’s not an ankle setup but any time I am not inside my house I am wearing a Crossbreed Supertuck. I wear loose but skinny slacks and an ankle holster just won’t work with dress shoes. Even with a fitted dress shirt tucked in I’m confident 99%+ of people have no idea I’m carrying. In Ca with our retarded gun laws a CCW doesn’t have to abide by “No Gun” signs in businesses but if noticed and asked to leave we must comply. Never been asked to leave. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How do you use an ankle with flip flops? It the only thing some of use wear in havasu.

Your ad here

Reaction score
The ankle holster will be a 2nd firearm he carries on his person. His primary will still be on the waistband except for some times an event doesn't allow. The ankle gun is a backup for the primary gun if it malfunctions. He's carrying two guns instead of one. He's looking for a comfortable place to carry a 2nd gun. Double carry on the waistband, 9 and 3 positions, gets heavy and too wide. OP, would a shoulder holster be an option?

havasujeeper

Reaction score
While on duty, I carried my back up Walther PPKS in a sheepskin ankle holster, with leather backing and velcro closures for about 13 years. I never knew it was there, but gave me satisfaction knowing that it was accessible quickly when needed.

PlanB

Reaction score
I wore a Sig P230 as a BUG in an ankle holster when I was an LEO. If you are not wearing a full length boot they are not comfortable IMO. I stopped wearing it when I lost my gun during a foot pursuit. Luckily it was the middle of the night and I was able to retrace my path and find it before someone else did. I moved to a vest holster after that. I realize most civilians won't be running, but weapon retention is something to think about.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Primary will still be IWB, but in some cases an ankle holster would be nice. I don’t have any experience with them, other than reading in other places all of the issues I’m reading here. I figured I’d ask here anyway just in case someone had a positive experience with a specific brand or model.

Other options, like shoulder carry, are not an option. This would not be a primary EDC rig, just looking for something discrete for times where I don’t want something IWB, or for situations where I’d like to have a BUG in addition to my 26 IWB.

I have a soft sided IWB holster for my 43, and I wear it on occasion, it hides well. I prefer my 26 in a hard sided galco IWB unless I’m wearing board shorts or something where the weight becomes an issue.

I agree ankle is not the preferred place to carry. I was just wondering if any of the inmates had a rig they like and would recommend. It appears I’ll continue looking for solutions.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Try out an inexpensive ankle carry and give it a try for the placement and weight of the gun, not so much the comfort. I, just like many, have a box full of holsters that didn't work.
I shied away from ankle carry because the extra weight, even though 1.5 pounds, just on one side can effect your walking posture and have long term effects on your body. Draw time would be a factor to. I get it's better than not having a gun at all but what good is it if it's a process to access it.
After watching that barber shop shooting video I would want easy access to the EDC. Had the good guy had an ankle carry it would've taken longer to access it and caught the attention of the bad guy to shoot him before good guy could draw.
Pocket carry is another option in a jacket or pants. Depending on what pocket, you could be trigger ready incase you have to use lethal force and just shoot through your jacket or pants. Just don't shoot and body parts off.

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score
Maybe the Phlster Enigma?

Appendix carry that is independent of your belt?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
What do you have?
Incog

I've also got an AlienGear shapeshifter holster, but I don't like it as much.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have pretty much everything glock makes in 9mm. G26 is my EDC- and favorite- i shoot it better than my 19. Need to be able to conceal a 43 on my ankle. I have a soft side IWB holster already and it disappears. Need a BUG/ alternative carry option. Don’t want to be messing with it all day. Going into a bathroom every 6 hours to readjust is an Option.
Is this for when you are out in public all the time or for something else?

hallett3

Reaction score
Where’s the trigger guard?
They do sell them with trigger guards. I don’t like those type. I have my safety on and trained myself to release safety when pulling it out. My firearm is a M&P 9mm. You have to train yourself. It takes time but it becomes second nature when you practice enough.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Although considered “inexpensive”, I’ve got a few Uncle Mike’s holsters, including a couple of ankles. I’m left handed and they suit me well.

Might be worth looking at.

FCT

Reaction score
Not sure what holsters you have or if this company has ankle holsters but I have bought a shit ton of different holsters and these are by far the most comfortable and conceal the best with very little bulge that I have ever had. Not cheap but worth it!