Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
threadcapper.JPG

shoot
wheres luchuro.jpg
in the face

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Not sure if you’re referring to yourself, but I enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes I don’t understand them though. Lately you’ve been pretty coherent and make good points and counter points. 👍
yes...myself. a little but of egoistic shameful humblebragging.

sorry if wordy...here goes.

I have been called 'obtuse'. misunderstood is different from obtuse...it is merely a communication failure, or a refusal or incapacity of a receiver to accept the signal.

I am a fan of cognitive bias study and meta-cognition, and examining the causes for miscommunication among persons is an interesting part of human interaction.

I like when I am misunderstood. I go back and try to clarify for myself where I lost people...because I was too much in my own head.

one of my bosses recognized my madness/genius and asked me directly to 'dumb it down', but I refused at the time. I see the problem occasionally, and still have the bad habit of refusing to dumb things down...because it means I patronize people, treat them as inferior...which is never my intent. but I am sure that many just give up early and save themselves the trouble.

In much practice in newsgroups and in private conversation, I realize the edge of autism that many of us (and definitely I) suffer.

one of my favorite interactions here at RDP is with wasthatguy because there is complication in that persona that seems strongly biased, yet occasionally the cognitive stream is solidly expressed and logically consistent. many times it is really bouncy, disjoint, and so putting the wasthatguy story together is a challenge...an enormously enjoyable challenge.

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score

I have been called 'obtuse'. misunderstood is different from obtuse...it is merely a communication failure, or a refusal or incapacity of a receiver to accept the signal.

I am a fan of cognitive bias study and meta-cognition, and examining the causes for miscommunication among persons is an interesting part of human interaction.

I like when I am misunderstood. I go back and try to clarify for myself where I lost people...because I was too much in my own head.

one of my bosses recognized my madness/genius and asked me directly to 'dumb it down', but I refused at the time. I see the problem occasionally, and still have the bad habit of refusing to dumb things down...because it means I patronize people, threat them as inferior...which is never my intent. but I am sure that many just give up early and save themselves the trouble.

In much practice in newsgroups and in private conversation, I realize the edge of autism that many of us (and definitely I) suffer.

one of my favorite interactions here at RDP is with wasthatguy because there is complication in that persona that seems strongly biased, yet occasionally the cognitive stream is solidly expressed and logically consistent. many times it is really bouncy, disjoint, and so putting the wasthatguy story together is a challenge...an enormously enjoyable challenge.
FI

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

one of my bosses recognized my madness/genius and asked me directly to 'dumb it down', but I refused at the time. I see the problem occasionally, and still have the bad habit of refusing to dumb things down...because it means I patronize people, threat them as inferior...which is never my intent. but I am sure that many just give up early and save themselves the trouble.

What can I do to help you?
Shall I type slower?
Is it possible that the “complication” is yours?
Perhaps the “bouncy” part of your perception is reflective of an inconsistency of your own cognitive abilities, and not so much mine?

The possibility does exist that whatever problems you may have figuring me out might just be...well...your problems. Lol

Anyway, good luck!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
just you be you. that's enough.
that is some damn straight talk about my own ability. thanks for the tough love.
and the 'type slower' thing...L_O_L!

I got some chores to do today, so I won’t be sitting around posting as much as yesterday.
But there’s plenty of material from me here over the last 13 years or whatever it’s been if that will help your research!

Taboma

Reaction score

I'm not really so sure that your afraid of patronizing us "Common Folk" or you just can't help yourself always having to act the role of the smartest guy in the room. 🤔

In either case, I'd never hire you or volunteer to hang out, thereby possibly avoiding a lengthy prison term. :oops:

As much as I've enjoyed reading some of your contributions, I'm left to think you could easily count on one hand, how many times in your life you've been invited to just shoot the shit over a couple of beers.

I do however find reading your posts interesting and entertaining, so long as I've got control of the remote. 😁
I'm forced to admit, I do drop by the dungeon occasionally just to see what lively discussions you've engaged in and the resulting fire fight.

I'd imagine growing up you were advised to enroll in a lot of martial arts classes. ;)

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I got some chores to do today, so I won’t be sitting around posting as much as yesterday.
But there’s plenty of material from me here over the last 13 years or whatever it’s been if that will help your research!
thank you for the heads up. I am not a creeper, so probly not going to search your history too much, unless there are some epic things you want to share particularly. enjoy your day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm not really so sure that your afraid of patronizing us "Common Folk" or you just can't help yourself always having to act the role of the smartest guy in the room. 🤔

In either case, I'd never hire you or volunteer to hang out, thereby possibly avoiding a lengthy prison term. :oops:

As much as I've enjoyed reading some of your contributions, I'm left to think you could easily count on one hand, how many times in your life you've been invited to just shoot the shit over a couple of beers.

I do however find reading your posts interesting and entertaining, so long as I've got control of the remote. 😁
I'm forced to admit, I do drop by the dungeon occasionally just to see what lively discussions you've engaged in and the resulting fire fight.

I'd imagine growing up you were advised to enroll in a lot of martial arts classes. ;)

Ya know, we argue sometimes and dont always see eye to eye....but holy hell you nailed that one!!
Literally spit coffee out!! Lol

77870618-E93E-4DA5-A048-9E27E1FE2FD4.gif

Attachments

• 8B980208-6440-4AB1-85A6-DAC5414E4444.gif
    8B980208-6440-4AB1-85A6-DAC5414E4444.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 29

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score

well. it sucks to be me.
me...the annoying threadcapper, or threadcrapper.
being smart is overrated...for exactly the reasons you point out. yet, it serves me well in other ways. it stimulates others to think, too, and maybe there's something in that.
controlling the remote is important..and good advice. as I said some "just give up early and save themselves the trouble" sometimes, luchurro is just not worth it.

thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
well. it sucks to be me.
being smart is overrated...for exactly the reasons you point out. yet, it serves me well in other ways. it stimulates others to think, too, and maybe there's something in that.
thanks for the reply.

Wait a minute...who told you you were smart???
Lol
(J/K...but sometimes thinking of oneself as “smart” is really a self elevating mechanism of thinking of oneself as being “smarter” than others...at least that’s the implication)
Around here it’s the equivalent of rubbing bacon grease on yourself and jumping into a bear cage.

Wedgy

Reaction score
well. it sucks to be me.
controlling the remote is important..and good advice. as I said some "just give up early and save themselves the trouble" sometimes, luchurro is just not worth it.

thanks for the reply.

"Now Ward... Don't you think you were a little too hard on the Beaver?"

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Smart is a funny word imo. Some people would be surprised at how “smart” some people are.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
just for the record, Taboma was the first to bring up the 'smart' word. My reply was to his assessment. he was also the one that suggested I would be a 'hit' here.

I humbly hope to be educated here and increase my awareness here, but I don't think that means I am 'smart', it is only a label, or an impression, a comparison.
the word 'smart' is sometimes pejorative, sometimes appreciative, sometimes both.
I've done alot of things in my life and I will share them with you, and I hope you share back.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
just for the record, Taboma was the first to bring up the 'smart' word. My reply was to his assessment.

I humbly hope to be educated here and increase my awareness here, but I don't think that means I am 'smart', it is only a label.
the word 'smart' is sometimes pejorative, sometimes appreciative, sometimes both.
I've done alot of things in my life and I will share them with you, and I hope you share back.

Just cuz I'm curious, did you ever meet Gmac ? 🤔
You've been a member long enough, but since I don't recall him challenging you to a Mensa competition, I'm guessing not.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Just cuz I'm curious, did you ever meet Gmac ? 🤔
You've been a member long enough, but since I don't recall him challenging you to a Mensa competition, I'm guessing not.
what the heck is a mensa competition? he could not have been serious. prideful derision is a stupid approach to living... one of the deadly sins? no?
that poor f@ck. he definitely was willing to take some outsized risks...and for what? he could have been more engaging, but decided banishment was better than engagement.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

one of my bosses recognized my madness/genius and asked me directly to 'dumb it down', but I refused at the time. I see the problem occasionally, and still have the bad habit of refusing to dumb things down...because it means I patronize people, treat them as inferior...which is never my intent. but I am sure that many just give up early and save themselves the trouble.

I have NO idea what you just typed or have typed since you found this little boating site but if it was derogatory towards Tommy, you have nothing to stand on as you don't know him one bit.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

I don't think ANY of us here on RDP, either side of the fence, could have typed that any better Tab!! Bravo!! 👍

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I have NO idea what you just typed or have typed since you found this little boating site but if it was derogatory towards Tommy, you have nothing to stand on as you don't know him one bit.
no. it was not meant derogatory nor inflammatory. I think Tommy and I are in 'detente' at a minimum, maybe in a dysfunctional relationship. nonetheless, we have agreements and disagreements, like anyone. I navigate them, and continue to try to understand my fellow man. "To each his own"

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Thank you Gary, I appreciate that!
What he’s saying, or trying to say, is that history has taught him that he is too smart for his own good when it comes to human interaction. He had a boss point it out to him.
He interpreted the advice to “dumb it down” as an inference of his superior intelligence...but it might just be that he’s just an annoying son of a bitch!!
Lol
His mind sees a “flaw” in me because he can’t reconcile certain inconsistencies in my posting.
Sometimes I make sense to him, sometimes he thinks my reasoning is less structured
Probably has to do more with how many drinks I’ve had than any deep rooted psychological tweaks.

But he’s not completely wrong, I am sort of directionless.

But you know me...I’m just an old bum with too much time on my hands...lol.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
What he’s saying, or trying to say, is that history has taught him that he is too smart for his own good when it comes to human interaction. He had a boss point it out to him.
He interpreted the advice to “dumb it down” as an inference of his superior intelligence...but it might just be that he’s just an annoying son of a bitch!!
Lol
His mind sees a “flaw” in me because he can’t reconcile certain inconsistencies in my posting.
Sometimes I make sense to him, sometimes he thinks my reasoning is less structured
Probably has to do more with how many drinks I’ve had than any deep rooted psychological tweaks.

thank you. that is worthy feedback. damn 'smart' stuff. I do not see any flaws, though, only opportunities. for both of us.

annoying son of a bitch!!
yeah.. it's in the title of the thread even. I have SOME self awareness, eh?

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
no. it was not meant derogatory nor inflammatory. I think Tommy and I are in 'detente' at a minimum, maybe in a dysfunctional relationship. nonetheless, we have agreements and disagreements, like anyone. I navigate them, and continue to try to understand my fellow man. "To each his own"

Heres some bullet points.
I live alone.
I don’t seek or require acceptance, companionship, or human interaction.
But I do enjoy it.
Ive been to the top, and to the bottoms of bottoms.
Grew up in Alaska, been in 9 Country’s and every State.
My wife used to tell me I should write a book about my life, I told her no one would ever believe it...and it still isn’t over.
I don’t consider any part of it unusual or extraordinary, though other people sometimes do.

Water softener guys here, gotta go!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Heres some bullet points.
I live alone.
I don’t seek or require acceptance, companionship, or human interaction.
But I do enjoy it.
Ive been to the top, and to the bottoms of bottoms.
Grew up in Alaska, been in 9 Country’s and every State.
My wife used to tell me I should write a book about my life, I told her no one would ever believe it...and it still isn’t over.
I don’t consider any part of it unusual or extraordinary, though other people sometimes do.

Water softener guys here, gotta go!

Make sure that they dial in your system right Tommy!!!!!. When I get back there in a couple of weeks I expect the tour of your bote as we discussed at the brewery. If I need to use your facilities I don’t want to mess up my smooth hands with bad water. 👍

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Years ago in Mad magazine they had this line on being Smart, What makes you Smart is it becuase you think your smart, naw everybody thinks their smart, Its when other people say, he looks smart, and throw rocks. Just for the record my own opinion is people who are actually smart dont have to tell other people how smart they are, and are smart enough to talk to people with respect, I learned a long time ago you can learn things from almost anyone if you have an open mind, just my two cents and no I dont think Iam the sharpest tool in the shed, unless I read some of the lib posts on then i walk away thinkinGump your a Fin genius!

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score

Ya know, we argue sometimes and dont always see eye to eye....but holy hell you nailed that one!!
Literally spit coffee out!! Lol

View attachment 1011581
Taboma, I often don't agree with your opinions or point of view on certain things, but this post makes it clear that I appreciate your wisdom and insight.

500bbc

Reaction score
Lol

I've met a lot of self aggrandizing fools like this in my life. To a man, they were/are Fucking Imbeciles...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re referring to yourself, but I enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes I don’t understand them though. Lately you’ve been pretty coherent and make good points and counter points. 👍

98E3B335-8776-44CB-AABB-0588B921F03B.jpeg

:)

Reactions: Rye

Gelcoater

Reaction score
ok, another historical figure...explain? anyone?

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I've met a lot of self aggrandizing fools like this in my life. To a man, they were/are Fucking Imbeciles...
indeed. I do appreciate that you shared your perspective. I enjoy the interchange, even if it seems like there might be an insult fest ongoing. best regards.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
holy moses. a reduction? yikes.

great jeebus. that thread is hilarious.

I bookmarked it and I am going to try to read it whenever I log in...you know, for humor and for sage advice.

when the team is not doing a beat down, they sure can produce some crazy funny content. thanks.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Speaking of beat downs, remember this guy??