WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anonyymous - Starting to like these guys

C-2

Reaction score
Hacktivist group Anonymous published the personal information of members of the Westboro Baptist Church after the group announced on Saturday it would picket Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut where 26 children and adults were killed.

Anonymous published private email addresses, phone numbers and home addresses of various members, and teased the group about the hack on Twitter. Anonymous also posted a video condemning the group for "breeding hatred" and adding, "We will destroy you. We are coming.?

The Westboro group holds protests at military funerals, and targets various cultures and demographics, particularly gay people.

The Westboro group holds protests at military funerals, and targets various cultures and demographics, particularly gay people. The group blames them for tragedies such as shootings, saying it's God's punishment for their actions.

The Westboro Baptist Church has previously been warned by Anonymous, who in February 2011 told the group to "Cease and desist" its protest campaign in 2011, or face damage to its website. "The damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover," Anonymous wrote.

And the group may be forced to stop its picketing if a new petition gains enough momentum.

A White House petition published on Friday that's circulating the Internet aims to classify the Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.

As of this writing, nearly 12,000 people have signed it. If the petition gains 25,000 signatures by January 13, 2013 it will be viewed by the Obama Administration and a response will be issued.

The American Bar Association defines hate speech as "speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits."

Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church is exercising its right to free speech, or does this classify as hate speech? Tell us in the comments.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Why would they picket the elementary school?

Loelco

Just Wishin'....
Reaction score
My level of hate for these assholes knows no bounds. They're lawyers. They're hoping you attack them. Then they sue. That's how they make their money. Immolation is too good for these people. I like the folks in Oklahoma. The desk clerk tipped off friends when they checked in to protest a soldiers funeral. Their van had its tires slashed in the night, and every shop in town knew they were coming, no one would do it, effectively immobilizing them. Nice work.

Cajun

Reaction score
I just watched something on the news that reported about these petitions. They are taken to the next step and make its way to the administration after it gains it's 25,000 votes. This group had more than doubled it, currently at 66,000 +/-

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I dont think anyone should be told they cant protest anything. Too many laws telling people what they can say or cant say already. I think those Westboro people should be allowed to exercize thier rights to free speech and assembly and should be dealt with on a personal level.

Enen

Reaction score
I think this a slippery slope.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
If this fine church would say why they want to protest an event.... Fine. But just doing it because...fuck 'em! I gaurantee if you were to meet me of these fucks when they're alone, they'd act like angels...

Again...fuck these righteous fucking fucks!:skull

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I dont think anyone should be told they cant protest anything. Too many laws telling people what they can say or cant say already. I think those Westboro people should be allowed to exercize thier rights to free speech and assembly and should be dealt with on a personal level.

Should I read between the lines?.....................Take them for a walk in a dark cold spot of desert?

CC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Should I read between the lines?.....................Take them for a walk in a dark cold spot of desert?

CC

Someone needs to lock the doors of the church.. and light it on fire from the outside.

RD

Loelco

Just Wishin'....
Reaction score

Tell me that when its your child or brother or battle buddy in the box. Tell me that when you're simply enjoying a night out with the fam and they spew their hate filled rhetoric all over your kids. All to get a reaction, so you can deal with it personally, so they can sue.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Careful Tom. Remember the time you got banned for saying Jehova.

I would mention the GBC group are a bunch of twats but Dave told me not to use that word.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ziRMehYY7TE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziRMehYY7TE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hacktivist group Anonymous published the personal information of members of the Westboro Baptist Church after the group announced on Saturday it would picket Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut where 26 children and adults were killed.

Anonymous published private email addresses, phone numbers and home addresses of various members, and teased the group about the hack on Twitter. Anonymous also posted a video condemning the group for "breeding hatred" and adding, "We will destroy you. We are coming.?

The Westboro group holds protests at military funerals, and targets various cultures and demographics, particularly gay people.

The Westboro group holds protests at military funerals, and targets various cultures and demographics, particularly gay people. The group blames them for tragedies such as shootings, saying it's God's punishment for their actions.

The Westboro Baptist Church has previously been warned by Anonymous, who in February 2011 told the group to "Cease and desist" its protest campaign in 2011, or face damage to its website. "The damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover," Anonymous wrote.

And the group may be forced to stop its picketing if a new petition gains enough momentum.

A White House petition published on Friday that's circulating the Internet aims to classify the Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.

As of this writing, nearly 12,000 people have signed it. If the petition gains 25,000 signatures by January 13, 2013 it will be viewed by the Obama Administration and a response will be issued.

The American Bar Association defines hate speech as "speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits."

Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church is exercising its right to free speech, or does this classify as hate speech? Tell us in the comments.

I think I like them as well. :thumbsup:thumbsup