WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another bad ass Cat I ran across on my adventure today - Eliminator!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not something you would normally see in one of the main service shops on industrial. Pretty cool to see boat on industrial that actually have some machismo to them!

Jessie over at Savage was working on it. :)

7F7E659B-49E0-4D31-835E-4212949D9AAB.jpeg
15DCAC6B-3C2A-42B1-B223-924C3361CFE8.jpeg
E68F50AD-8648-4DB5-A957-8CF723351317.jpeg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

gqchris

Reaction score
Dream Boat, someday..................always wanted one of these in this exact setup!

Magic1

Reaction score
Nice to see her in good shape. Thats my old boat I really enjoyed and did about everything you see. She started out as a bone stock 21 with an Indmar 502 with a legend jet. It was horrible having a Daytona that did 60mph. First did new heads up for one summer. ( still slow ) Then did the jet rebuild , moved engine forward and built a NOS motor. IT was super fun for 5 hits but that wont work when your boat all day. Went back tru engine and did the whipple. Looks like they turned it down a lot looking at the top pully size. That boat needs all the power it had to work with the pump set up if its the same or it will hop. I hope the new owner turns it back up ( 15 pounds ) I would still own that boat if the wake board boats diddnt ruin the parker strip.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice to see her in good shape. Thats my old boat I really enjoyed and did about everything you see. She started out as a bone stock 21 with an Indmar 502 with a legend jet. It was horrible having a Daytona that did 60mph. First did new heads up for one summer. ( still slow ) Then did the jet rebuild , moved engine forward and built a NOS motor. IT was super fun for 5 hits but that wont work when your boat all day. Went back tru engine and did the whipple. Looks like they turned it down a lot looking at the top pully size. That boat needs all the power it had to work with the pump set up if its the same or it will hop. I hope the new owner turns it back up ( 15 pounds ) I would still own that boat if the wake board boats diddnt ruin the parker strip.

The wake boats in Parker are out of control.. even mid week now the water is rough as all get out.

I know a few guys that are selling their day cruisers because they just can’t take it anymore.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Makes me wish I still had my 21' Daytona. But I needed something a bit more friendly for family. It was a true hot rod. 800hp on motor 1100hp on the bottle. Ran 125mph. Jeff Bennett did the bottom, Jack McClure did the pump. I got carried away with it. It was a monster in disguise. Basically took everything I had learned from the drag boat and applied it to the 21' daytona, I even ran a data logger on the boat to fine tune the pump setup.

2BF6FC17-4002-4308-988B-8D175AC98338.jpeg

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
All that power and no pop off, did you notice if it had a jet-away on it?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Did you buy it new or used? Cause it looks like my old river neighbors boat he bought in the early 2000's...kept it a couple years...bone stock 502 ...he then upgraded to a 27 daytona...always loved that boat and wondered where it ended up. Now I know.

Magic1

Reaction score
Did you buy it new or used? Cause it looks like my old river neighbors boat he bought in the early 2000's...kept it a couple years...bone stock 502 ...he then upgraded to a 27 daytona...always loved that boat and wondered where it ended up. Now I know.

I got it used years ago from a friend in san diego who got it from Eliminator, there is a few that look a lot like it out there.

Magic1

Reaction score
The wake boats in Parker are out of control.. even mid week now the water is rough as all get out.

I know a few guys that are selling their day cruisers because they just can’t take it anymore.

It is so bad RD, I honestly dont know how the residents and business can afford the damage to there docks. I have a 27 Daytona now and still constantly getting the shit kicked out of me. It is funny because all I see is every non wake boat flipping off the wake boats. In Havasu it's not so bad because you can go wide around them and kind of manage it. But on the strip there is no place to go. And I must say there look so stupid riding that wave with a rope LOL and video taping it. That like recording grass grow.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
It is so bad RD, I honestly dont know how the residents and business can afford the damage to there docks.

No real damage that I can see. My welds appear to be holding up fine and the floats are though bolted and should remain in place. The only thing that I've had to do is replace hinge bolts more often.

I'm more worried about the drunks leaving Roadrunner and hitting the dock and the ensuing lawsuits than a dumb old roll bar bote'.😖

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It is so bad RD, I honestly dont know how the residents and business can afford the damage to there docks. I have a 27 Daytona now and still constantly getting the shit kicked out of me. It is funny because all I see is every non wake boat flipping off the wake boats. In Havasu it's not so bad because you can go wide around them and kind of manage it. But on the strip there is no place to go. And I must say there look so stupid riding that wave with a rope LOL and video taping it. That like recording grass grow.

Wouldn't surprise me if they ban Ballast Boats running the Colorado River in the next few years. It has gotten to the point that somebody is going to get killed someday. I know I've had some close calls coming up on 4' Wakes on the lake. Couldn't imagine being in a 21' Cruiser or Daytona on the Parker Strip these days :eek:

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Makes me wish I still had my 21' Daytona. But I needed something a bit more friendly for family. It was a true hot rod. 800hp on motor 1100hp on the bottle. Ran 125mph. Jeff Bennett did the bottom, Jack McClure did the pump. I got carried away with it. It was a monster in disguise. Basically took everything I had learned from the drag boat and applied it to the 21' daytona, I even ran a data logger on the boat to fine tune the pump setup.

View attachment 896888
Wish I could have kept them all
9FA74858-D766-43FE-86E7-7B2E636D9169.jpeg
65BEF9D9-6CCB-41B5-8ED6-1F4D30251C14.jpeg
93083C60-A570-4548-B1C5-DE5209B6A5D5.jpeg

Boat 405

Reaction score
All that power and no pop off, did you notice if it had a jet-away on it?
Pop off would be nice. Most 21’s have to set the pump so far back you lose handling characteristics when you go to a pop off to clear the transom with it. I didn’t have one and you just had to ease out of it slowly. Mine did have jetaway.
DFDAE82F-3A5E-419B-A6C9-94B626F1E0E1.jpeg
8020207A-0246-48EF-89E2-A2ED65C30D40.jpeg
A06C4394-9BF4-438C-AAD1-C2ECEF7F8C51.jpeg
8E99CDA5-7FB0-4623-B479-DA046AD9FB2A.png

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Pop off would be nice. Most 21’s have to set the pump so far back you lose handling characteristics when you go to a pop off to clear the transom with it. I didn’t have one and you just had to ease out of it slowly. Mine did have jetaway. View attachment 897251 View attachment 897252 View attachment 897253 View attachment 897254
What is a pop off or a jet away? Can talk to him and see if it has one or as I’m thinking it’s a safety device so may need one.

Boat 405

Reaction score
What is a pop off or a jet away? Can talk to him and see if it has one or as I’m thinking it’s a safety device so may need one.
A jetaway is basically a neutral device that disconnects the driveline or in theory on hard shutdown allows the pump to keep spinning while the motor has slowed or stopped.

60ADCD0A-0E34-4FDA-BA64-69C4F0149A69.jpeg
573C2557-B6FE-4ACF-9FAF-36E99B0FFD9E.jpeg

A pop off valve is a device that mounts over the handhole cover location and allows water to be vented out the jet drive prior to being processed by the impeller, again allowing for you to slow the boat down safely.

A high performance jet always will have a problem slowing down as at full speed the jet pump impeller is processing water as fast as the hardware can scoop or feed water to it. When you drop rpm in a jet boat with hardware hanging down below the keel it will continue to feed water to the impeller even as you let off the throttle and if you can't send the water elsewhere it will eventually burp back out the intake causing an over charge and pushing the back of the boat off the water.

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score

This is a quick video showing an overcharge, then I'm on the pop off valve almost instantly to slow the boat down. My stuff is all manually operated. Some guys have it on automatic using a pressure sensor in the intake.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
View attachment 897345
This is a quick video showing an overcharge, then I'm on the pop off valve almost instantly to slow the boat down. My stuff is all manually operated. Some guys have it on automatic using a pressure sensor in the intake.
So when the water started at the transom spraying up that was essentially the Jake brake .....?

Duramax

Reaction score
Id remiove about 50 lbs off that plate connecting the two outboard brackets
Are you offering?? =) I just took out over 215lbs of batteries I didn't need back there either. It will be a fun project.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you offering?? =) I just took out over 215lbs of batteries I didn't need back there either. It will be a fun project.

I’d have @EL PROPO do it in his CNC’s way easier than it would be for me to do it.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
View attachment 897345

Ming?Well Done,you were about to run out of lake.Several have over the years.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
A jetaway is basically a neutral device that disconnects the driveline or in theory on hard shutdown allows the pump to keep spinning while the motor has slowed or stopped.

View attachment 897339 View attachment 897340

A pop off valve is a device that mounts over the handhole cover location and allows water to be vented out the jet drive prior to being processed by the impeller, again allowing for you to slow the boat down safely.

A high performance jet always will have a problem slowing down as at full speed the jet pump impeller is processing water as fast as the hardware can scoop or feed water to it. When you drop rpm in a jet boat with hardware hanging down below the keel it will continue to feed water to the impeller even as you let off the throttle and if you can't send the water elsewhere it will eventually burp back out the intake causing an over charge and pushing the back of the boat off the water.
Great explanation, also in the course of a engine seize you can go out the front pretty quick without either of these devices that are mandatory in the higher speed drag classes. Pleasure boat probably doesn't need a pop off but I would hope with that big ass motor it would ave the jetaway.