WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another BIG reason NOT to watch NFL on TV

boatpi

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Only read the primer above,
but screw them pansy-ass fuktards.
Today the President spoke at our local airport. The sound of two F-35's thundered across our valley, and the roar of Ospreys and Marine One could be heard.
Freedom isn't quiet, and I'd rather hear and feel that than anything with so called athletes.

pixrthis

Reaction score
F those oppressed kneeling cock suckers and bless them with low tv ratings. Ad dollars are justified by the number of eyeballs and eventually these tv contracts won’t be worth as much. It could be a great way to teach the oppressed trickle down economics.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
All I know is that I started watching football on a Monday at 2 p.m. and I was like....

unnamed-2.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Be honest, you were covered well before 2 and football wasn’t even on.
More like 10 AM watching the view?
I do like my morning RDP fishing threads. 😂

Reaction score
I was an USAF Demo Pilot. We were on an incredibly tight flying time budget and all flybys and air shows were tied to training events. I always thought the American Taxpayer deserved an up close and personal view of what they were paying for and these events were and continue to be great recruiting tools. I remember going to my first air show at Luke AFB in 1982 while a student at ASU. I was sold. The jets were cool, but I was incredibly impressed by the professionalism of the Airmen I met that day.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You were in San Fran and didn't hit me up?
Larkspur. Came for a wedding at Fort Baker(see the "wouldn't you know it" thread). Drove over to Stinson Beach and hiked around Muir Woods on our free day...lol, and met "Karl" driving over the GG bridge this morning on way to SFO.
Perhaps next time.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Maybe they’d be happier if the fighter jet pilots strafed their booth - I know I would...

JOE BUCK: Welcome to Big Noon Saturday!
TROY AIKMAN: That’s a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover.
BUCK: That’s your hard-earned money and your tax dollars at work!
AIKMAN: That stuff ain’t happening with [a] Kamala-Biden ticket. I’ll tell you that right now, partner.

Singleton

Reaction score
I was surprised when DIRECTV gave me the NFL package for free. They can keep there NFL package

it was given away for free, so they can count all those free subscriptions as viewers. The numbers are so bad, they are doing whatever is possible to get the counts higher. Rumor I am hearing from friend that works for the chargers, they don’t want any fans this year. They are forecasting if fans are allowed, they would have less then 10k on average, since season ticket holders are cancelling faster then anything he has seen before.

I have continued to no watch any sports. Think I had 30 minutes of exposure while eating lunch 2 weekends ago.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This decline may be unrecoverable for many reasons. Greed and player disrespect at the top of the list.

The free Sunday package is an attempt to both retain sponsors and check the decline in advertising rates.
NBA is following in the same path.

Andy B.

Reaction score
You can’t bullshit me...I know it’s whoopie that sets you free!

Just put grads on ignore 20 minutes ago should have done it years ago so much nicer. Lunatic gave me the push in the boat down thread thanks sir!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If they said anything negative about the left or BLM they would have been immediately fired. This guy spells it out pretty well.

No one expects public figures to say anything negative about the Left or BLM. But we sure as shit don't want to hear them dissing our military or promoting Biden/Harris - eff them and their millionaire guilt

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I was told the NFL is supposed to reimburse the military for the cost of the fly overs but that they’re way past due in doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Aikman’s probably correct. With AOC as the Secretary of the Interior, the New Green Deal 2.0 will ban all military flyovers. Will also ban all motorsports, off-roading, performance boating and will ration non-electric vehicle transportation. Desert Storm will become Desert Shock and be limited to electric boats.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
The free NFL Ticket idea is interesting. I say this because DirecTV informed me many months ago that I would be receiving NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free this season for being such a loyal customer. This was long before the Kung Flu shit storm and the BLM bullshit. So it's either a coincidence, or the NFL saw this coming long before all of the BS started.

Reactions: TPC

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Absolute tools.

Aircraft need to be flown, pilots need to practice, and it's an amazing recruiting tool. These morons don't get it.

Everything has to be political. Do flyovers not happen under Dem leaders?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The free NFL Ticket idea is interesting. I say this because DirecTV informed me many months ago that I would be receiving NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free this season for being such a loyal customer. This was long before the Kung Flu shit storm and the BLM bullshit. So it's either a coincidence, or the NFL saw this coming long before all of the BS started.

I think it was fairly clear after last season how this was going. Yea, they saw the writing on the wall and were in damage control mode before this covid thing or the summer of stupid.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Aikman’s probably correct. With AOC as the Secretary of the Interior, the New Green Deal 2.0 will ban all military flyovers. Will also ban all motorsports, off-roading, performance boating and will ration non-electric vehicle transportation. Desert Storm will become Desert Shock and be limited to electric boats.
Smog devices on aircraft, all aircraft and retrofitted too.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
For those of us that aren't watching. Ziggy, don't read this post:

Baker Mayfield sux against contenders. No long ball, can't read defenses and inaccurate.
Raiders not too bad this season.
Cowboys have no offensive line whatsoever. Cost Dak his career and Gilbert will be next.
Jets have no team at all. Nothing.
The above info for those of us not watching.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I was told the NFL is supposed to reimburse the military for the cost of the fly overs but that they’re way past due in doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found this link. 🤷‍♂️

Tooned Up

Reaction score
The fly overs have been the only thing worth watching at an NFL game for years... I hope they are bankrupt in 5 years....

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Didn’t need another reason at all.
Amazing enough the NFL actually pays for most of the military fanfare at the games and these two fuck-knuckles don’t know that??

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Didn’t need another reason at all.
Amazing enough the NFL actually pays for most of the military fanfare at the games and these two fuck-knuckles don’t know that??
You sure about who pays? Found this link. 🤷‍♂️

Although it’ll be some time before all of that gets sorted out, we can look back at another curious way in which the NFL and military have interwoven themselves. If you remember a couple of years ago, it was revealed that the Department of Defense was paying the NFL for patriotic displays at the taxpayers’ expense. This was surprising to many people who figured the NFL was probably more than happy to eat the costs to honor veterans, find tickets for soldiers, and host flyovers before games.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I wondering if the video is fake? I mean the Defector .com??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lol......No worries, when I see yahoo news in my emails I barely recognize any of the players' names in the headlines.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Fine by me!
Fuck Sports.

I think:
The Flag should not be hung.
The Anthem should not be sung.
And the Military should have ZERO presence.

I say let them have BLM speeches and LGBTQ Gay Rights dance routines instead.

72b8b172-fed6-45e2-b364-7bd604a9355d.jpg
73d4926612137b30db598b43f513410f.jpg

just_floatin

Reaction score

Baker Mayfield sux against contenders. No long ball, can't read defenses and inaccurate.
Raiders not too bad this season.
Cowboys have no offensive line whatsoever. Cost Dak his career and Gilbert will be next.
Jets have no team at all. Nothing.
The above info for those of us not watching.
Figures.... don’t watch and they win. Thanks for the Raider update. I do not even know their schedule let alone their record.