WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another boat crazy here, just joined. Name is Dave

Reaction score
Good day all you fellow boat people. I am glad to see others are crazy about their toys too. Just bought the Spectra 32 out of Cleveland, towed it home this week. While I've had a boat of some kind since age 14, I got the performance adrenaline shot a few years ago when I bought my flatty (Hallet Baron, 427 drag boat.). However , while the flatty is fun, if I get slammed too hard, I might not walk.... so what to do? Decided I still had the performance adrenaline addiction but had to find something my retirement funds could handle (not much!!!, and it does not allow for new anything serious). Came across the spectra ad. Since I'm handy at anything mechanical or fabrication and I like making antiques feel better, I decided to go look at it. Had it surveyed... hull is solid although it no longer had the stock 454/330s . It did have relatively recent (i.e 2000) repower with stock 260 hp 5.7s. Both ran out to 4600 and supposedly will do 57. Decided to buy. On that hull with stock 260s... figure thats not all that bad as heavy as it is. All the mechanicals work and the guy that had it fr the last 6 years babied it I was told. Will see how the tune up and compression test goes. Sure it has some cosmentic issues but thats to be expected on a 42 year old boat. Oh, I have mixed feelings about the arch... not original nor the wrap around windshield... likely will remove them and bring back to stock config I think. When I need to open either of the 5.7s I'll likely get two 383 (420 hp 430 ft/bs torque) stroker kits, unless I can find and appropriate pair of re-buildable 454s or 502s before then. Will see. The trailer was straight but needed bearings, brakes and lights before it could come home. Is a Loadmaster and not bent. My plan is to take it to anywhere USA behind the 1 ton.

So hello all... cool site BTW

Dave

Reaction score
I'll have to transfer them from my phone. But its in the Spectra section. from the previous owner
under "Here's your chance. Long lost 32' Spectra for sale. Cheap."

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new to you boat