WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Boat Racer in Jail

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
Allure of fast money to support the offshore powerboat hobby is a scenario that plays out over and over and over again. No lack of shady people in this industry.

traquer

Reaction score
Lots of fancy words on his company site.. KPIs, Feasibility Analysis, Proof-of-Concept Reverse Innovation Sequence Method.

LOL get the fuck out of here.

Hope this turns out to be be false but I doubt it.

poncho

Reaction score
Allure of fast money to support the offshore powerboat hobby is a scenario that plays out over and over and over again. No lack of shady people in this industry.
In my 2 limited years around the POPRA it was nothing short of Holy Shit, huge ego's and money and all the goodies that go with....interesting to say the least.

Duramax

Reaction score

Team awake Effects

When I owned my Skater, the stuff I would hear back east, the people who purchased boats from Peter......the industry as a whole is horrible. Wake Effects is also the big stereo place too, or am I wrong?

Tank

Reaction score
When I owned my Skater, the stuff I would hear back east, the people who purchased boats from Peter......the industry as a whole is horrible. Wake Effects is also the big stereo place too, or am I wrong?
It is. A successful one too. But it was bought out by Big Thunder Marine a few years ago, so no affiliation now.

Duramax

Reaction score
It is. A successful one too. But it was bought out by Big Thunder Marine a few years ago, so no affiliation now.
Wow, and just dirty, chicken shit scams. What an asshole.

Tank

Reaction score
Wow, and just dirty, chicken shit scams. What an asshole.

Some dude on OSO was saying he was his neighbor and never understood how he had THAT much money. Always seemed a bit off. Guess his intuition was spot on.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
This is the answer to the question i ask myself all the time - what am i doing wrong?????? I've been around people like this - the logic doesn't get you to the lifestyle, and i usually just figure i'm not as smart/hard working as they are - LOL!!!!

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This latest revelation about Rahm has got a very long way to go to approach the level of criminals who were involved in offshore racing back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Instead of tele-marketing scams, it was big-time illegal drug trafficking that was the enterprise of choice.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not that I have the coin, but when's the auction? We had a shop up here, Sand and Street I believe? Shady LS guy, he bailed and was picked up in PA. His shop's auction was epic! I figure it's the same, but more baller stuff at this guys fire sale.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
This latest revelation about Rahm has got a very long way to go to approach the level of criminals who were involved in offshore racing back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Instead of tele-marketing scams, it was big-time illegal drug trafficking that was the enterprise of choice.

Agreed, this cat wasn't even a bump in the road compared to the glory years in South Florida.

poncho

Reaction score
My very naïve Ex-Wife bless her heart once asked 2 Colombian guy's wearing Mr. T starter kits in jewelry what they did for a living back in Colombia. :D This was at a race in the San Francisco Harbor, one of them smiled at me and said to her we are in the import/export business.

bonesfab

Reaction score
My very naïve Ex-Wife bless her heart once asked 2 Colombian guy's wearing Mr. T starter kits in jewelry what they did for a living back in Colombia. :D This was at a race in the San Francisco Harbor, one of them smiled at me and said to her we are in the import/export business.

We refer to it as free lance pharmaceutical sales.

Tank

Reaction score
Not that I have the coin, but when's the auction? We had a shop up here, Sand and Street I believe? Shady LS guy, he bailed and was picked up in PA. His shop's auction was epic! I figure it's the same, but more baller stuff at this guys fire sale.
I would venture to guess the feds seized all his assets and will auction off any cars / boats via auction sites.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
He’s got quite a nice property at LOTO. Check out the dock!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Wonder if he stroked out because he knew the heat was on him. Stress is a leading cause............

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
He had a stroke about a year ago and stopped racing. I towed boats for him for the last 15 years. Started with a 50ft Outerlimits.

DWC

Reaction score

The upkeep on that dock would be a bitch Hell of a home though

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The upkeep on that dock would be a bitch Hell of a home though
The upkeep may suck, but I'd make do! The Zillow estimate at under 1mil for that place. Dock space for guests and a nice home. That's a sweet setup. The view alone would be over a mil in Cali!

Reactions: DWC

brownsuger

Reaction score
If the details are accurate, what a scumbag to take advantage of people let alone the elderly!

About 6 year ago something like this happened to my mom, the scammers used Fedex to pick up a cashiers check form people like my mom. I knew the Fedex driver and he called me and said he had a pick up at my moms house, and having never had a pick up there before, he said it was probably a scam. My shop is only a mile from where she lived, so I ran over there and sure enough.... they had talked her into going to the bank and getting a cashiers check for basically all the money she had.... (the promise was a 10 time return on the money she sent them) While I was there, the scammer called and I answered, caller ID said the call was from Kinston Jamaica.... But who knows where the guy was really at . He sure was disappointed when I told him I knew it was a scam (I also said things that could land me in jail, lol)
So we were lucky, thanks to my local Fedex driver.... He got a really nice Xmas gift from us that year....

People that prey on kids or the elderly are a special kind of sick. Very much like pedophiles imo.... I don't think there's a "cure" If that's the way you are, there's no helping you...

DWC

Reaction score
The upkeep may suck, but I'd make do! The Zillow estimate at under 1mil for that place. Dock space for guests and a nice home. That's a sweet setup. The view alone would be over a mil in Cali!
That view is $1mil+ in Needles! Huge home, massive dock and over 200’ of shoreline is tough to beat. The remodel pulling out the tile and glass block could break the bank. :oops:

Baja Pete

Reaction score
That dock has to take a beating (on a point of the main channel). But great location close to Camden on the Lake and Shady Gators.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

anyone want to go 1/2’sies on the house and vrbo it when we aren’t using it? :)

Tank

Reaction score
anyone want to go 1/2’sies on the house and vrbo it when we aren’t using it? :)
Gaurantee you'd make the note for the year just renting through the season. I've been kicking around that option too. Get something out there in a couple years with a couple buddies.

Justfishing

Reaction score
You know he was a douche bag as wake effects sold wake boats.

rrrr

Reaction score

Do a Google search on the Whittington brothers. They won their class at Le Mans in 1979 in a Kremer Porsche 935, raced in IndyCar, NASCAR, and IMSA, raced P-51s at Reno, and bought Road Atlanta during the 80s, all financed with drug sales. They supposedly landed aircraft loaded with weed on the backstretch at RA.

They ran during a time when sports car sanctioning body IMSA was known as the International Marijuana Smuggling Association. Five different drivers, Don and Dale Whittington, Randy Lanier, John Paul, Sr and John Paul, Jr all did jail time for federal crimes.