WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another bravo shift thread

Franz28

Reaction score
Hi all - must have had this drive open 4-5 times now.. did a complete non gear/bearing service - uj's, shift cable, seals, etc-

Just cannot get the shifting to smooth out.. Confirmed everything is free. I did line up the "+" and "-" marks on the driven gear seat- could it be the shift detent ball/spring in the back cover?

Really annoying.. seemed fine before..

Ideas?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Hi all - must have had this drive open 4-5 times now.. did a complete non gear/bearing service - uj's, shift cable, seals, etc-

Just cannot get the shifting to smooth out.. Confirmed everything is free. I did line up the "+" and "-" marks on the driven gear seat- could it be the shift detent ball/spring in the back cover?

Really annoying.. seemed fine before..

Ideas?
Ignore if this is a stupid reply......I h ate to sound ignorant, but are you shifting when the engine is running?

Franz28

Reaction score
yup - either that or rotating input shaft by hand - but when running hard to shift.. is there a "recipe" for the + and - marks on the gears? Im wondering if the replacement detent ball spring in the rear cap is longer/stiffer- might try old parts..