WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another day at the shop.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Well it’s alive. Pulled the valve covers and distributor and primed it. Hotwired up an msd box and a starter button and added some gas. A set of new plugs and messing with it a bit it came alive. It has a radiator in it now and I ran it up to temp. Still some more work to do but at least I know the engine is good. Tomorrow I will work on the brakes and see if we can make it stop.

bonesfab

Reaction score
So this cobra kit car comes in and wants a carb change and some suspension work. Changed the carb out and sounds better already with only touching the idle screw. Go to take a back wheel off to get access to the coil over. Broke all three ears off the knock off. Mother ducker. In 20 years of doing this, never broke one. And it’s not like you can get a full swing on the lead hammer with out hitting the wheel. Made a bushing for the center hub and a 2-1/2” hole saw and we got the wheel off. A small chisel and a hammer and we got the the rest of the threads out. Hub actually looks real good. Now to try and have better luck on the next three. Well it was Monday. Oh and got my new Trumpf metal shaper off the trailer and back where it belongs with out hurting it or anyone else. 4500lbs. She is a big bitch.
AB16A114-9888-4554-8B4A-6A126408E096.jpeg
4F85729E-356E-4C64-9F24-0E32135090AA.jpeg
0C9366BA-DE6E-48C5-BA47-66E1652DF1D1.jpeg
CA42B044-2387-452A-BD7E-51E906AB040A.jpeg
8806918B-ACF0-40B4-BAE5-0797012CFEAB.jpeg
8E0D4FEC-23F0-4A9E-AE07-1F6D6D2DEEF9.jpeg

Cdog

Reaction score
@bonsfab how’s that K5 coming along?

rrrr

Reaction score
So this cobra kit car comes in and wants a carb change and some suspension work. Changed the carb out and sounds better already with only touching the idle screw. Go to take a back wheel off to get access to the coil over. Broke all three ears off the knock off. Mother ducker. In 20 years of doing this, never broke one. And it’s not like you can get a full swing on the lead hammer with out hitting the wheel. Made a bushing for the center hub and a 2-1/2” hole saw and we got the wheel off. A small chisel and a hammer and we got the the rest of the threads out. Hub actually looks real good. Now to try and have better luck on the next three. Well it was Monday. Oh and got my new Trumpf metal shaper off the trailer and back where it belongs with out hurting it or anyone else. 4500lbs. She is a big bitch. View attachment 1349070 View attachment 1349071 View attachment 1349072 View attachment 1349073 View attachment 1349074 View attachment 1349075
Needs more anti-seize. :rolleyes:

I dunno about Cobras, but I do have experience running wheels at 220+ without any of that goo on the mating surface and wheel nut. Is this normal?

That Trumpf is a sexy piece of machinery. The throat depth is gonna allow you to fab some really nice work.

Last edited:

bonesfab

Reaction score
Bad ass. Is that your supercharger sump tank drivers side firewall? Where did you get it and what pump are you using?
The coolant tank for the inner cooler?? drivers front behind the headlights. we use the Bosch pump. We made the tank.

Cdog

Reaction score
The coolant tank for the inner cooler?? drivers front behind the headlights. we use the Bosch pump. We made the tank.
I need to do something similar. And relocate the battery on the inner fender against the firewall. The dry sump needs to go up front where the battery is at.

Looks like you did the edelbrock intercooler?

I bought the PwR designed for the 1st gen Camaros. The AC condenser bolts to it. Should stack with the radiator nicely.

I’m still collecting parts & need to do the DOD delete. Waiting on a new steering column with brights on the turn signal.

My formula car has been sucking the life out of me this year.

Tank

Reaction score
Over at buddy Jason’s house today in Camarillo checking out his dodge he’s building and he mentioned he may need to have you custom make some headers for it. Thought it was funny he mentioned you. 😁👍

IMG_5953.jpeg
IMG_5954.jpeg

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score

bonesfab

Reaction score
I just want to sit in in...... I promise not to pee myself. Oh, and pet your dog. That's my dream car if I win the lotto! Murdered out Caddy. Gorg, and the trucks! Can't believe I've never see this thread before. 😍
He never gets any attention. And the caddie is another one of “his” cars.

spectras only

Reaction score
Over at buddy Jason’s house today in Camarillo checking out his dodge he’s building and he mentioned he may need to have you custom make some headers for it. Thought it was funny he mentioned you. 😁👍

View attachment 1353196 View attachment 1353197
Nice 64 Lincoln there.👍 What colour is the interior? Also, mine had the individual 6 way bucket seats with console between.
My 64 ended up in the states somewhere.
1712334515984.jpeg

1712334568672.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Was reading your "Hemi find " thread earlier and had just finished reading this , this morning too I'm a former Mopar Tech class of 73"

Hemi read ....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...&cvid=8f9d3ffee29448778721bb476e7968ce&ei=100
Not being well versed in Chrysler legends, never heard of that beast!

About 20 years ago I was in a small, nondescript, warehouse in Burbank, and saw a Chevy "legend" sitting on a custom stand. It sat next to the Corvette it was "born" to. It was a fabled "Mystery Motor", and the 'vette was what they called a "white body". Being a Ford dork, I got a history lesson.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I just want to sit in in...... I promise not to pee myself. Oh, and pet your dog. That's my dream car if I win the lotto! Murdered out Caddy. Gorg, and the trucks! Can't believe I've never see this thread before. 😍
That's what "Depends" are for, why deny yourself the full experience?
As far as the dog, there's a 5 day wait list for petting but, I could squeeze you in sooner if I was bribed with a cloth napkin dinner...😏

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Not being well versed in Chrysler legends, never heard of that beast!

About 20 years ago I was in a small, nondescript, warehouse in Burbank, and saw a Chevy "legend" sitting on a custom stand. It sat next to the Corvette it was "born" to. It was a fabled "Mystery Motor", and the 'vette was what they called a "white body". Being a Ford dork, I got a history lesson.
… was not aware that the mystery motor had been available. In anything other than the big size Chevrolet… If I am reading the post, right… Friend of mine took his Biscayne, which was new …back to the Chevy dealer and had a mystery motor installed… We drove it down to Merls drive-in in Newport Beach… Friend had us passengers wait at the drive-in… Well he went and raced somebody… supposedly …He came back, saying there wasn’t enough money in the race so it never happened… My guess is he got his ass handed to him …with his new mystery motor… the car itself to me did not feel much faster than the 409 425 hp that had been in the ‘63 Biscayne to begin with 🤷🏽‍♀️… it had the W shaped valve covers… And I had been under the impression that the mystery motor had the rectangle valve covers like what evolved in to the 396’s i’…427‘s and the 454s…. Confusing🤷🏽‍♀️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
… was not aware that the mystery motor had been available. In anything other than the big size Chevrolet… If I am reading the post, right… Friend of mine took his Biscayne, which was new …back to the Chevy dealer and had a mystery motor installed… We drove it down to Merls drive-in in Newport Beach… Friend had us passengers wait at the drive-in… Well he went and raced somebody… supposedly …He came back, saying there wasn’t enough money in the race so it never happened… My guess is he got his ass handed to him …with his new mystery motor… the car itself to me did not feel much faster than the 409 425 hp that had been in the ‘63 Biscayne to begin with 🤷🏽‍♀️… it had the W shaped valve covers… And I had been under the impression that the mystery motor had the rectangle valve covers like what evolved in to the 396’s i’…427‘s and the 454s…. Confusing🤷🏽‍♀️
What I saw looked to be a 396 type of motor. What really struck me at the time, the exhaust manifolds looked more like 3/4 to full length "headers". I just did some looking, and found this article from a few years back...this is the one I actually saw.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
What I saw looked to be a 396 type of motor. What really struck me at the time, the exhaust manifolds looked more like 3/4 to full length "headers". I just did some looking, and found this article from a few years back...this is the one I actually saw.
… just speed read what I could on the mystery motor and the differences in that and the 427 Z 11 which would’ve had the W shaped valve covers… there is an article on I believe the actual mystery motor that you saw… Yes, with the rectangle valve covers… it looks like my friends supposed mystery motor… Was in fact a 427 Z11W a W shaped valve cover motor… It is going to be interesting to hear what my friend has to say about this particular engine swap that the Chevy dealer in the West Valley did for him… although that was 60 years ago… I remember him specifically saying he was having the mystery motor installed… I popped the hood and the carI did have the W shaped valve covers…🤷🏽‍♀️

bonesfab

Reaction score
So at the shop today cleaning up a bit and working on my Chevelle a bit too. Shop girl comes into make a platform for her dogs bed. And I have another buddies daughter that works for me part time after school cleaning up and whatever else. Well she can actually read a tape measure and weld. So she is making me a firewood rack for the house. We refer to her as jailbait 1 and her friend works here and is jailbait 2. Pretty cool the young ladies are actually into this and wanting to learn.
F1B754D1-C6D4-4CE3-A83D-6B455CEB5FCD.jpeg
01E5BC12-587F-4D92-B2A0-BABDC2672F5E.jpeg