WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another day at the shop.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Thinking about painting the top the same color as the wheels and throw some flake on it also. The bumpers also crossed my mind. What's the peanut gallery think?
Ditch, the bumpers, fab up a roll pan for the back and some kind of metal work in the front to clean it up?

Tank

Reaction score
not hard to do. also shifter and cooler.
Shifters cool
For hot rods. Not so much for low lows. 😁

And I think if you painted the top of the blazer to match the rims and the. Painted the body white with a gold pearl that shit would be off the chain!!!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Thinking about painting the top the same color as the wheels and throw some flake on it also. The bumpers also crossed my mind. What's the peanut gallery think?
That doesn't sound half bad...

That said, its only paint. If its too strange, it can be changed. You probably know a guy that could handle it for a reasonable cost.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

Chrome bumpers, I like the idea of a gold flake top. White pinstriping or some subtitle paneling would be cool too

mbrown2

Reaction score
I like...

Maybe phantom top w/100 spoke daytons and vogues ! :)

bonesfab

Reaction score
And do the grill in gold so it's got some teefs
I was going to get the original style Bowtie for it which happens to be gold. I really just don't care for all the black on it. Hell I am not really a fan of the white either, but that is staying for now.

hman442

Reaction score
I don't know what you think about the factory side moldings. One school of thought is no moldings, another is to break up the slab sides. Remember how, all the moldings on Chevys had black paint in the centers, except for 1977, when the centers were painted gold. Just a thought. Gold Halibrands, gold top, tied together with the shiny narrow moldings painted gold in the centers.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I don't know what you think about the factory side moldings. One school of thought is no moldings, another is to break up the slab sides. Remember how, all the moldings on Chevys had black paint in the centers, except for 1977, when the centers were painted gold. Just a thought. Gold Halibrands, gold top, tied together with the shiny narrow moldings painted gold in the centers.
My little truck is factory orange and we did the white inside the factory mouldings. I was thinking of reversing this one and do orange inside the factory mouldings. not sure what I want just yet.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My little truck is factory orange and we did the white inside the factory mouldings. I was thinking of reversing this one and do orange inside the factory mouldings. not sure what I want just yet.

My first truck was a '76 Sub factory metallic green with a white insert and all the moldings. I dreamed of painting that truck blue and white and having the moldings airbrushed back on. I've posted pics of it on here before, I put a set of 16.5 slot mags and 33's and a small lift that Fabtech made at the time. BB TH400 4:10 2 wheel drive 3/4ton. Thought I'd own that truck forever

Mike K

Reaction score
Smokin Bad Ass Cool!
Please have a twice annual event at your place ... you know Coffee and Donuts .
Support would be high!
It's obvious you are the real deal.
PS: Like that '65 too.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Didn’t want to take over another thread so I will post it here. Flake tor a couple of projects. The blue and silver is for the Mo-lstr’s roof. The others in some combination will be for the blazer top for the 2wd one. The problem with taking the lids off this shit is it looks like you went to a strip club afterwords
6B5310A7-F83C-4DEB-BE3A-93C1924A0D39.jpeg
DC13176A-D3E2-4255-BD09-DA9979C1203A.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am struggling with glass guys right now. I am almost out of chain for how much it has been pulled dealing with glass guys.
I used Kotto when I was in Cali. He use to be real good on tough stuff and custom stuff. I don't know if he makes it out as far as you, but did stuff on the west side of the Valley.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am struggling with glass guys right now. I am almost out of chain for how much it has been pulled dealing with glass guys.

I have a Good guy, but I doubt he will go that far.

I need the windshield pulled, the roof/hood painted and then a new windshield installed on my F350.

I might come by Monday and let you check it out. If not Monday, on my way home from Oxnard.

I'll call/text you when I'm on the way.

Cdog

Reaction score
Last weekend I installed these 1 inch drop billet uprights. A friend makes them in San Diego. Pulled the rear end out and dropped it off at Miller Built for a weld on semi float hub kit.
0106D383-41A9-482D-857B-47AD5C8DF1A4.jpeg

D6C643ED-150A-41FA-A9FC-1DDC52C1C798.jpeg

5C845BBC-5411-4DCC-AEAB-154FE10220C6.jpeg

bonesfab

Reaction score
Ridetech has/had something similar to that. You could change from street to track settings with ease.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Conv is smokin' but I think the 59 wagon under personal projects is worth a quick little post up!
I got the wagon from a buddy of mine 10-12 years ago. I had a TrailblazerSS that Magnusson used to R&D the blower kit on. When the lease was up, I took the blower off and put it back to stock and gave it back. I was done with the payments. I started acquiring parts for the wagon and finally started on it. Pulled the chassis out and did some reinforcing of the x-frame and rear suspension. Had it powder coated in silver vein. Currie 9", all Ridetech and Global west suspension, the blower off the trailblazer on a 100k mile 6.0 ls short block with a Zo6 cam and heads. 4l80e trans. Four wheel Wilwoods and a hydroboost. Vintage air, Dakota Digital dash, power windows, Glide engineering seat. We flaked the roof to pimp out the paint shop. It was in the booth 4 times to get it smooth with some of the monster flake thats on it. Old school 15" americans on it. It's been one of my daily drivers for the past 8-9 years. Fun, fast and comfortable. 40k miles and still going strong. About 6 months ago I did some updates on it. A new Dakota RTX dash, Holley Terminator ecu, new Ridetech controls, and I put a set of 3.25 in it instead of the 3.50 gear since I am more freeway driving it now.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I always enjoy images of your work. would you be interested in doing a Chevelle project for me but convertible?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Did you end up painting the top? If so, can you put up a pic? I thought it would look good matched to the wheels.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Did you end up painting the top? If so, can you put up a pic? I thought it would look good matched to the wheels.
The body shop has the top now and my dumb ass is pulling the perfectly running 5.3 4l60e combo out of it because I have a Magnusson blown 6.0 and a 4l80e laying around. My fucked up logic. Now I will have little blown blazer and Big blown blazer. Just got the 6.0 and 4l80e in and having some lunch before I continue.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I always enjoy images of your work. would you be interested in doing a Chevelle project for me but convertible?
We can do that for you. I actually have three chevelles in the shop right now.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
I got the wagon from a buddy of mine 10-12 years ago. I had a TrailblazerSS that Magnusson used to R&D the blower kit on. When the lease was up, I took the blower off and put it back to stock and gave it back. I was done with the payments. I started acquiring parts for the wagon and finally started on it. Pulled the chassis out and did some reinforcing of the x-frame and rear suspension. Had it powder coated in silver vein. Currie 9", all Ridetech and Global west suspension, the blower off the trailblazer on a 100k mile 6.0 ls short block with a Zo6 cam and heads. 4l80e trans. Four wheel Wilwoods and a hydroboost. Vintage air, Dakota Digital dash, power windows, Glide engineering seat. We flaked the roof to pimp out the paint shop. It was in the booth 4 times to get it smooth with some of the monster flake thats on it. Old school 15" americans on it. It's been one of my daily drivers for the past 8-9 years. Fun, fast and comfortable. 40k miles and still going strong. About 6 months ago I did some updates on it. A new Dakota RTX dash, Holley Terminator ecu, new Ridetech controls, and I put a set of 3.25 in it instead of the 3.50 gear since I am more freeway driving it now.
Cool. I bought one the first rear wheel drive Trailblazer SS’s shipped to south Florida. I loved that truck. So much fun. We only put in the basics, intake, exhaust and tunes. Vector Motorsports stuff. Can’t even think how fun it would be with 650hp like yours instead of my measly 475hp. Even mine always needed more brakes...

Nice work on the wagon. That sounds like a blast too.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Cool. I bought one the first rear wheel drive Trailblazer SS’s shipped to south Florida. I loved that truck. So much fun. We only put in the basics, intake, exhaust and tunes. Vector Motorsports stuff. Can’t even think how fun it would be with 650hp like yours instead of my measly 475hp. Even mine always needed more brakes...

Nice work on the wagon. That sounds like a blast too.
It was an AWD one so it was even more fun. Shit and get.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
The body shop has the top now and my dumb ass is pulling the perfectly running 5.3 4l60e combo out of it because I have a Magnusson blown 6.0 and a 4l80e laying around. My fucked up logic. Now I will have little blown blazer and Big blown blazer. Just got the 6.0 and 4l80e in and having some lunch before I continue.
Idle blowers are the Devil’s playthings. 😈

Sounds awesome!
Would like to see it when done if you wouldn’t mind posting it up.

bonesfab

Reaction score

v6toy4x

Reaction score
That galaxie is over the top!
My high school buddy's dad had 2 63 convertibles one with a 428 2-4s the other was a 427 tun port with a 406 tri power set up on it. I loved how you pulled the grill emblem to open the hood.
I'll take a FORD 427, SOHC, tunell port or just straight up FE side oiler motor over a chevy 427 any day!

ChrisV

Reaction score
This is a problem foreals. Went through many guys as well and just ended up learning it myself. Its definitely tough. I do a lot of cages so go tired of waiting on people.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Something different I don’t usually play with. An old land rover with a rover diesel in it. This was owned by the guy we built the galaxie for. So to say it’s over the top is an understatement. His wife sold it and bought it back. We just put power steering on it because she wants to drive it.
CBD3296B-D534-4965-93D2-16B261A9EF36.jpeg
946B174D-51C9-4E03-A895-262BEE057357.jpeg
D2B074A4-656D-4DD2-88C6-5126B40F9B7A.jpeg
7D769606-0F4E-4ED1-AB40-BC3620E665D3.jpeg