WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Howard 255 VTX delivery

Scott E

Reaction score
From the Howard FB page.

Another jaw dropping 255 VTX with a Merc 520. This paint design was copied from our 288 but it looks just as good on the 255.With 80+mph top speed and incredible acceleration this is a hard package to beat.

We ran a stock 28 bravo 1 4 blade prop and it was on plane instantly with no loss of forward visibility, went from 0-30 in just over 4 seconds and 0-60 in just over 9 seconds and not to mention it turns so hard it will get you light headed, if you wish to turn it that hard (see the videos on our website). Without changing the prop or anything on the set up you can do any type of water sports with the family or just race around all day regardless of the water conditions.

We doubt there is any other boat that can do all that with just the push of the throttle. We also believe with some more testing and other props (max 5 or lab racing) which we hope to have to test out in lake havasu this spring (our local lake has a speed limit and they watch us) that those incredible numbers will get even better. We have said it before but have to say it again "this boat is just plain fun to drive".
DSC_0178.JPG
DSC_0271.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0289.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0183.JPG

HCP3

Reaction score
I have to admit, the Howard v-bottom deck is the best looking between the two manufacturers that make them. Never was a fan of this hull-type until now. Howard takes the advantage in this hull hybrid. ;)

bocco

Reaction score
I like everything about that boat including the bimini storage. The only thing I don't like is the fact that by the time a used one is in my price range I'll be to old to drive it.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Curious who much power will Howard throw at a VTX? 80mph with a 520 is pretty astounding with "insta-plane" and turning on rails all with a stock prop. Kudos to Howard again that performance is unreal

Wbinder

Reaction score
Anyone else curious on cost? I know if you have to ask proably can’t afford........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
From the Howard FB page.

Another jaw dropping 255 VTX with a Merc 520. This paint design was copied from our 288 but it looks just as good on the 255.With 80+mph top speed and incredible acceleration this is a hard package to beat.

We ran a stock 28 bravo 1 4 blade prop and it was on plane instantly with no loss of forward visibility, went from 0-30 in just over 4 seconds and 0-60 in just over 9 seconds and not to mention it turns so hard it will get you light headed, if you wish to turn it that hard (see the videos on our website). Without changing the prop or anything on the set up you can do any type of water sports with the family or just race around all day regardless of the water conditions.

We doubt there is any other boat that can do all that with just the push of the throttle. We also believe with some more testing and other props (max 5 or lab racing) which we hope to have to test out in lake havasu this spring (our local lake has a speed limit and they watch us) that those incredible numbers will get even better. We have said it before but have to say it again "this boat is just plain fun to drive". View attachment 731938 View attachment 731939 View attachment 731940 View attachment 731942 View attachment 731943 View attachment 731944

were you guys ever able to do any prop testing and get some different numbers? Plane speeds, mid range, top, etc.....