WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another JAB gone bad story

Ladsm

Reaction score
Bump for a @Ladsm update, hope the SIL is still on the mend
Thanks for checking up. SIL is getting better by the day. He was able to leave the house this week and go see Christmas lights with his family. Only needs Oxygen occasionally. Still cant work. Looking into bankruptcy to keep their house and try to figure out how to cover the bills.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanks for checking up. SIL is getting better by the day. He was able to leave the house this week and go see Christmas lights with his family. Only needs Oxygen occasionally. Still cant work. Looking into bankruptcy to keep their house and try to figure out how to cover the bills.
This isn't a workers comp deal?

Glad to hear about the recovery, pissed about the BK.

EBT531

Reaction score
Had the J&J first shot and zero side effects, could have been water they shot me up with as my arm wasn't even sore. I got the booster a couple of weeks ago, J&J again. The next day it felt like someone had punched me in the ribcage on the side I got the shot. Lasted a day and then nothing. Everyone else in the family got the pfizer and they have had fevers, chills, sleepy for a couple days after the booster.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Had the J&J first shot and zero side effects, could have been water they shot me up with as my arm wasn't even sore. I got the booster a couple of weeks ago, J&J again. The next day it felt like someone had punched me in the ribcage on the side I got the shot. Lasted a day and then nothing. Everyone else in the family got the pfizer and they have had fevers, chills, sleepy for a couple days after the booster.
Damn

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If his employer is the one who forced the jab I would try to go after there workmans comp.
Yeah,the employer should pay for every fucking thing for life. WTF Is wrong with some of you people. You don’t want the shot do not get the shot. End of story. All of this bullshit will be over within months from now. No different than 1918 pandemic. Underlying health issues taking us out,not the shot.

Singleton

Reaction score
Yeah,the employer should pay for every fucking thing for life. WTF Is wrong with some of you people. You don’t want the shot do not get the shot.

That is easy to say until your compensation gets impacted.

Prior to the federal contractors mandate ruling the entire company I work for was under the mandate. That has been paused - for now.

In my department (we are OT eligible as sales engineers) - if you filed an exception - you would be converted to non-OT (no customer travel). Then would only be assigned customers who did not have a vax mandate to be onsite. I was looking at a 60% reduction in income (no OT and assigned the small deals (5 / 6 figure deals) vs the 7, 8 and 9 figure deals I close now. that would change my commission bonus big time.

So I broke down and got injection 1 (so far no side effects). Will determine if I get injection 2 before Dec 17. I was willing to walk away from 30% of my comp to stay unvaxed, but when that figure went over 50% I caved.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Singleton,imo you did not Cave. imo you made the correct decision unless you have underlying health issues.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

Prior to the federal contractors mandate ruling the entire company I work for was under the mandate. That has been paused - for now.

In my department (we are OT eligible as sales engineers) - if you filed an exception - you would be converted to non-OT (no customer travel). Then would only be assigned customers who did not have a vax mandate to be onsite. I was looking at a 60% reduction in income (no OT and assigned the small deals (5 / 6 figure deals) vs the 7, 8 and 9 figure deals I close now. that would change my commission bonus big time.

So I broke down and got injection 1 (so far no side effects). Will determine if I get injection 2 before Dec 17. I was willing to walk away from 30% of my comp to stay unvaxed, but when that figure went over 50% I caved.
If you had no issues from shot 1, you won’t from #2 or a booster either in all likelihood. The shot seems to mimic the virus. Jacks some and not others. For what it’s worth, my family of 5 including a teen and an under 10 all got the full jab regiment. Only the wife gets knocked down from it. The rest of us, like nothing happened.

USMC2010

Reaction score

I struggled with getting my shot last week, almost didn't. I have a friend of mine I have known for 30 years and he told me to not beat myself up, you have to do what you have to do to take care of family and responsibilities. I am very angry about getting it, I will not get another, but I am trying to deal with the fact some of us have to do what we have to do.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Just remember this when deciding whether or not to get the jab to keep your job. 1. You are giving in to the whole scam, therefore the bad guys are winning. 2. If you have an adverse effect, or even die from the vax, you won't be able to work anyway.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

As of now we have not yet halted the “federal contractor” mandate, but the company has said they are aware of ongoing court rulings. I have done nothing at this point as the date got punted to Jan 18.

The whole system we implemented via some 3rd party to track vaccine status had to be scrapped. Everyone that submitted their vaccinated status will have to resubmit it via Workday sometime after the 20th. But they may just halt the program by then I’m hoping. I have waited to file my accommodation as to not get on any radar or list.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Just remember this when deciding whether or not to get the jab to keep your job. 1. You are giving in to the whole scam, therefore the bad guys are winning. 2. If you have an adverse effect, or even die from the vax, you won't be able to work anyway.
I don't believe I gave into the scam, I've survived covid, have verified antibodies all year and if you search my comments you will see my stance. I am however not solvent enough to say fuck you I'm not getting a shot. If you saw my shot record from 20 years in the Marines you may question why I'm so against it, well, I'm not in the Marines anymore and I served to not support the bullshit going on in MY country today. I chose the the J&J not because it has a good response but because it is not mNRA and is a one and done. I would have loved to have pushed the system into unemployment but I have responsibilities. If the china virus takes me, my insurance settles things, if not, I have several people that count on me.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Wife and I have pfizer, and will be getting the boosters. Son (9yo) will be getting it soon. I’m not worried about side effects as much as the protection from getting the shot. Have seen way too many unvaccinated people (damn near all of them once intubated) die in the ICU.

Edit- no history of clotting issues or other health problems for us.

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I don't believe I gave into the scam, I've survived covid, have verified antibodies all year and if you search my comments you will see my stance. I am however not solvent enough to say fuck you I'm not getting a shot. If you saw my shot record from 20 years in the Marines you may question why I'm so against it, well, I'm not in the Marines anymore and I served to not support the bullshit going on in MY country today. I chose the the J&J not because it has a good response but because it is not mNRA and is a one and done. I would have loved to have pushed the system into unemployment but I have responsibilities. If the china virus takes me, my insurance settles things, if not, I have several people that count on me.
My post wasn't necessarily target at you. I have seen your previous posts and know your stance. It sucks that your employer put you in the position to have to choose. My post was really intended as a rant and for others to think about the possible consequences of getting the jab. Most are bending to the employer and I completely understand that feeling of being back into a corner. But there are thousands now that have given in that are now injured and can't work to provide for themselves and their families. It's a roll of the dice that can prevent you from providing either way. You made the best choice with J&J and I hope that satisfies your employer and that you aren't required to get jabbed again. As American's we as a society need to come together and just say NO to this tyranny. Sadly their plan to divide us has worked perfectly and getting society to come together as one is borderline impossible now.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Wife and I have pfizer, and will be getting the boosters. Son (9yo) will be getting it soon. I’m not worried about side effects as much as the protection from getting the shot. Have seen way too many unvaccinated people (damn near all of them once intubated) die in the ICU.

Oh boy.

badgas

Reaction score

You have good view into this, have have you seen a lot of issues with little kids ? I'm just curious as most on the " pro side " agree this shot does not stop transmission but does prevent serious illness. I have a few friends on the medical side, a physician and a few RN's who will not have thier little ones vaxxed for this reason however they are all vaxxed themselves.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
You have good view into this, have have you seen a lot of issues with little kids ? I'm just curious as most on the " pro side " agree this shot does not stop transmission but does prevent serious illness. I have a few friends on the medical side, a physician and a few RN's who will not have thier little ones vaxxed for this reason however they are all vaxxed themselves.
To jump in here as someone who has been front line on this deal from day one… no fucking way will any of my 3 kids get this shot, especially my daughter. I’d like her to be able to have kids in the future, and with how this shot has affected my wife, no way is my daughter getting near it. My kids are all healthy and have had covid. Why subject your kids to a “vaccine” and its side effects for something that has zero mortality rate in healthy kids???

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I don’t work with Peds, but have colleagues that do. Chances of kids getting severely Ill are less than adults- but it does happen. I have stories from RT’s working in Peds units full of intubated kids.

To jump in here as someone who has been front line on this deal from day one… no fucking way will any of my 3 kids get this shot, especially my daughter. I’d like her to be able to have kids in the future, and with how this shot has affected my wife, no way is my daughter getting near it. My kids are all healthy and have had covid. Why subject your kids to a “vaccine” and its side effects for something that has zero mortality rate in healthy kids???
Not sure if this is directed at me?

I have spoken at length with multiple MDs at work, from a variety of specialties. I’m not making my choices based on internet speculation, I’m making them based on first hand knowledge from Professionals I trust- including Pediatricians.

My wife and I both spend 60+ Hours a week working in Covid units. We wear appropriate PPE, but are subjected to “aerosol generating procedures” all day, everyday. Intubations, bronchoscopies, patients on high flow nasal cannulas, coughing in our faces. I wear a P100 full face respirator, but I know I still get covered and exposed at work.

We keep our contaminated clothes and shoes out of the house- but the risk is still there. Because of that, my son will get the vaccine. He is aware of what we go through at work, and we had a discussion with him about it. He wants the vaccine. He also chooses to wear a mask to school. We do not force him, we have had discussions with him about this as well, and he has made his own decision.

I was not initially a fan of the vaccine, and didn’t get my first shot until Jan ‘21. I would not get the J&J, nor let my son get it.

I do not believe in people getting forced to get the vaccine, but for most I think it is a good idea to get vaccinated by their own decision.

It is unfortunate that people are having side effects. And I wish them a full recovery.

But, for most, anything that can prevent severe infection is worth it. In the beginning, most of those getting severely Ill had some type of chronic condition. That is no longer the case. Most who get COVID will recover in a week or two. But I’ve seen way too many otherwise healthy patients fight and die from COVID.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I don’t work with Peds, but have colleagues that do. Chances of kids getting severely Ill are less than adults- but it does happen. I have stories from RT’s working in Peds units full of intubated kids.

Not sure if this is directed at me?

I have spoken at length with multiple MDs at work, from a variety of specialties. I’m not making my choices based on internet speculation, I’m making them based on first hand knowledge from Professionals I trust- including Pediatricians.

My wife and I both spend 60+ Hours a week working in Covid units. We wear appropriate PPE, but are subjected to “aerosol generating procedures” all day, everyday. Intubations, bronchoscopies, patients on high flow nasal cannulas, coughing in our faces. I wear a P100 full face respirator, but I know I still get covered and exposed at work.

We keep our contaminated clothes and shoes out of the house- but the risk is still there. Because of that, my son will get the vaccine. He is aware of what we go through at work, and we had a discussion with him about it. He wants the vaccine. He also chooses to wear a mask to school. We do not force him, we have had discussions with him about this as well, and he has made his own decision.

I was not initially a fan of the vaccine, and didn’t get my first shot until Jan ‘21. I would not get the J&J, nor let my son get it.

I do not believe in people getting forced to get the vaccine, but for most I think it is a good idea to get vaccinated by their own decision.

It is unfortunate that people are having side effects. And I wish them a full recovery.

But, for most, anything that can prevent severe infection is worth it. In the beginning, most of those getting severely Ill had some type of chronic condition. That is no longer the case. Most who get COVID will recover in a week or two. But I’ve seen way too many otherwise healthy patients fight and die from COVID.
It wasn’t.
At all.
I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It’s all good. Didn’t think it was. I respect everyone’s opinion. Wish nothing but the best. Stay safe.
Totally agree. You also. We all try to do what we think is best for our kids. Sometimes we look back and think… nailed it. Other times… not so much. In this case, either answer may be right or wrong, or both. Rough situation.

Last edited:

Dettom

Reaction score
The one consistent thing this whole vaccination mandate, shot vs. no shot issue has done, is divide people up in camps. A good friend of mine right here in Havasu died the other day of Covid. He refused to get the shots. He was 51. Can’t help but wonder if he’d gotten the shot how things would have been. My wife made me get it and the.booster. I’ll never see him again. So sudden and very devastating.

Last edited:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It’s all good. Didn’t think it was. I respect everyone’s opinion. Wish nothing but the best. Stay safe.
Reading your posts, if you have been in it as you say, you would be 1000 percent against the shot for your son. Also first hand knowledge from MD's where you work. So when they are wrong and your kid is sterile or worse, then what?

Singleton

Reaction score
Reading your posts, if you have been in it as you say, you would be 1000 percent against the shot for your son. Also first hand knowledge from MD's where you work. So when they are wrong and your kid is sterile or worse, then what?

Why is it people can’t respect someone else’s decision anymore. He posted his reasons on why and who he talked to before he took action. Cant we just respect his decision and move on.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Why is it people can’t respect someone else’s decision anymore. He posted his reasons on why and who he talked to before he took action. Cant we just respect his decision and move on.
Okay. Has nothing to do with respect. This is a discussion forum right?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
You guys need to seriously take the time to watch this in its entirety:

Singleton

Reaction score
Okay. Has nothing to do with respect. This is a discussion forum right?

Maybe, but the way you responded and worded it does not show an open request for dialogue when I read it.
Betters ways to ask questions. Example = can you share what those MD’s said when you asked questions about the risk of sterilization in young children? Also, why now? You have been in the weeds for almost 2 years and your son has not gotten sick, so why the need to vaccinate now?

That allows dialogue, not a reactionary response from the individual.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Maybe, but the way you responded and worded it does not show an open request for dialogue when I read it.
Betters ways to ask questions. Example = can you share what those MD’s said when you asked questions about the risk of sterilization in young children? Also, why now? You have been in the weeds for almost 2 years and your son has not gotten sick, so why the need to vaccinate now?

That allows dialogue, not a reactionary response from the individual.
Probably my tone also right? Thank you for the added eloquence.

Singleton

Reaction score
Probably my tone also right? Thank you for the added eloquence.

I get the ‘tone’ issue from the wife and peers all the time. Also easier to rewrite something after someone has written it. Huge reason any email I draft sits in the inbox for 24hr before I hit send. Allows me to remove my tone issues before it goes out.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
As of now we have not yet halted the “federal contractor” mandate, but the company has said they are aware of ongoing court rulings. I have done nothing at this point as the date got punted to Jan 18.

The whole system we implemented via some 3rd party to track vaccine status had to be scrapped. Everyone that submitted their vaccinated status will have to resubmit it via Workday sometime after the 20th. But they may just halt the program by then I’m hoping. I have waited to file my accommodation as to not get on any radar or list.

Update here -

Yesterday my company said uploading vaccine status is now voluntary with no deadline.

Running out the clock pays off. I feel bad for colleagues that jumped the gun and felt pressured/coerced into getting the shot early.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As pointed out, the vax, covid and response has turned every aspect of society into a secular existence. Family members and friends, neighbors and businesses...it pretty much sucks.

To some, it's a matter of science. Then it depends on who's science you believe, as there are opposing camps. To some, it's the feelings of faith vs government. Some will blindly follow the people in charge, and others will blindly follow those of their same beliefs.

What it really comes down to, none of us have any clear vision of the future. Very few want to get sick or die. Fear is ultimately what is driving people's decisions. I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer, at least not one that suits everyone.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Many who’ve been vaxed have recently acquired omicron. Appears only about 10% of those vaxed and got the oc also received a booster. Yes, the vaxes do lose their potency. Just as the boosters likely will also.

instagator

Reaction score

I am 66 had 2shots 1-Booster....piece of cake, Took 5min each time.....15 min all together......I get more of a reaction from a tommies cheese burger, I will never understand the what people are afraid of. When i had horses i de-wormed them, I would never eat that shit, the horses hated it and was hard to get it down
there throat.

playdeep

Reaction score
I am 66 had 2shots 1-Booster....piece of cake, Took 5min each time.....15 min all together......I get more of a reaction from a tommies cheese burger, I will never understand the what people are afraid of. When i had horses i de-wormed them, I would never eat that shit, the horses hated it and was hard to get it down
there throat.
It's not a matter of being afraid...
It's called freedom of choice.
My life,my body...my choice.
And I've had covid...non vaxxed
Lasted less then a week.
My last flu experience was a whole lot worse.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
there throat.

Have you had Covid prior to the “vaccine?”

instagator

Reaction score
Have you had Covid prior to the “vaccine?”
The reason i have not got covid is do to the vaccine.......F...ing simple ! I go every where ,No worries .At this point going every where i want to go not ever getting this
covid seems like a good plan. If you plan works better than this , good for you !

4Waters

Reaction score
The reason i have not got covid is do to the vaccine.......F...ing simple ! I go every where ,No worries .At this point going every where i want to go not ever getting this
covid seems like a good plan. If you plan works better than this , good for you !
Report back when you get covid, we are all going to get it. I know several people that have gotten covid despite being fully vaccinated, my wife and I included.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Well you might want to educate yourself on how a vaccine works with that brilliant strategy.

Good to know you can’t get Covid, or spread it, after you’ve gotten the jab lol

playdeep

Reaction score
Ummm...your covid shots don't actually prevent you from getting it.
Might wanna do a little more research...

Icky

Reaction score
Ummm...your covid shots don't actually prevent you from getting it.
Might wanna do a little more research...
Well you might want to educate yourself on how a vaccine works with that brilliant strategy.

Good to know you can’t get Covid, or spread it, after you’ve gotten the jab lol
You two are just instigators 😁

EmpirE231

Reaction score
there throat.
I, on the flip side, also don’t understand what people are afraid of? When my wife got Covid, it was about 3 days of seasonal allergy symptoms, I was dang near as asymptomatic, my daughter had a headache... and dang near 95% of everyone I know had similar experiences.

If you’ve never had Covid, and chose to protect yourself by getting vaccinated... more power to you.

If you are vaccinating your young children... I’ll be blunt here, but you’re fucking crazy.

And if you support mandates... well..... I have absolutely nothing nice to say about that.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Something my friend once said: He asked how old I was, ran out the tape measure to 28 to match. He then ran out the tape more, to his age, of 55 at the time. He then pushed it out to 75 or so, the average male life expectancy. He said "what you do now will effect you the rest of your days, and you aren't half way through."

Genetic roulette, both my parents had passed by age 65. Maybe if I make it to 66, I'll look into the vax. With my oldest being 17, not to sure I want them subjected to 40+ years of, "it should be fine, but we'll tell you everything in 75 years".

By then, my race will be long since run, and my kids' drawing to an end...

stoker22405

Reaction score
99.8% survival rating for non "experimental vaxinated" people

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
99.8% survival rating for non "experimental vaxinated" people
The other .2 I get to watch die a slow painful death without visitation while their loved ones refuse to believe that COVID is an actual thing. Good stuff.

jet496

Reaction score
there throat.
I'm not dogging you because I appreciate you voicing your opinion in a forum, but your way of thinking, like so many out there, is a huge problem. I have a customer/friend who thinks anybody that doesn't get vaxed is an idiot, why won't they, conspiracy theorists, etc. Since he's a good customer of mine I don't say anything (I know I'm a chicken shit & part of the problem as well sometimes but he's big money to me), but the fact is there's plenty of obvious reasons not to get it & to doubt it. , such as the only research available is produced by the manufacturer themselves. All of it actually, that's where the CDC & media gets fed their info.

Watch Dopesick on Hulu. It's about Purdue Pharma & the Oxycontin bullshit. I've watched 4 episodes so far & also just read today on ABC News how Purdue Pharm (it's the first headline on ABC News today) is in bankruptcy since 2019 so the series is very accurate & real, not a conspiracy theory like they were trying to say (they being big pharmaceuticals, media & government) duped us all. 500,000 documented deaths caused by oxys & who knows how many lives ruined & more deaths not counted.

Point is they said it was the safest & totally non addictive opioid, yet it was the most addictive one ever, along with a slew of other lies all put out there by the media just like we're seeing with covid. It took a decade before all this came out.

Last edited:

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I'm not dogging you because I appreciate you voicing your opinion in a forum, but your way of thinkin, like so many out there, is a huge problem. I have a customer/friend who thinks anybody that doesn't get vaxed is an idiot, why won't they, conspiracy theorists, etc. Since he's a good customer of mine I don't say anything, I know I'm a chicken shit & part of the problem as well sometimes, but the fact is there's plenty of obvious reasons not to get it & to doubt it. , such as the only research available is produced by the manufacturer themselves. All of it actually, that's where the CDC & media gets fed their info.

Watch Dopesick on Hulu. It's about Purdue Pharma & the Oxycontin bullshit. I've watched 4 episodes & also just read today on ABC News how Purdue Phara (it's the first headline on ABC News today) is in bankruptcy since 2019 so all that was real & not conspiracy theorists that they, they being big pharmaceuticals, media & government, duped us all. 500,000 documented deaths caused by oxys & who knows how many lives ruined & more deaths not counted.
Not sure what junkies and ODs have to do with covid. I’m not a fan of Narcan, most junkies are going to end up dead, no reason to prolong it.

The newer strains of covid are completely random- for the most part. If you’re a diabetic in poor health, well, covid is going to probably Kill you. But for every chronically Ill person with covid, I get to watch someone with no prior medical history die a slow death from this disease. It doesn’t really make any sense.

We can intubate them after hi flow fails, we can code them, it doesn’t matter. For those who get SEVERE covid, you’re going to die. We can keep you alive, but in the end you’re going to die. Maybe you make it out of the ICU, youre still going to die from a complication or clot after rehab or when you make it home.

Been in the trenches from the start. And can count the number of patients who have survived SEVERE covid on one hand. And I don’t even need all of my fingers.

That is why I recommend the vax. Don’t want it, don’t get it. You will probably be fine, based on the numbers. But don’t expect a miracle if things don’t go your way and you end up intubated. Once you’re intubated, you’re not going to make it.

jet496

Reaction score
Not sure what junkies and ODs have to do with covid. I’m not a fan of Narcan, most junkies are going to end up dead, no reason to prolong it.

The newer strains of covid are completely random- for the most part. If you’re a diabetic in poor health, well, covid is going to probably Kill you. But for every chronically Ill person with covid, I get to watch someone with no prior medical history die a slow death from this disease. It doesn’t really make any sense.

We can intubate them after hi flow fails, we can code them, it doesn’t matter. For those who get SEVERE covid, you’re going to die. We can keep you alive, but in the end you’re going to die. Maybe you make it out of the ICU, youre still going to die from a complication or clot after rehab or when you make it home.

Been in the trenches from the start. And can count the number of patients who have survived SEVERE covid on one hand. And I don’t even need all of my fingers.

That is why I recommend the vax. Don’t want it, don’t get it. You will probably be fine, based on the numbers. But don’t expect a miracle if things don’t go your way and you end up intubated. Once you’re intubated, you’re not going to make it.
LOL. It's about big pharm pushing a drug (in this case a vaccine) & coming up with their own stats, lying & hiding facts. If you can't see it I obviously can't explain it. We are soooo SCREWED as a country because so many people just have no common sense.

And to immediately call people addicted to pain killers JUNKIES basically tells me you are not so bright. My MIL was addicted, I was, etc. You've lost all credibility with me.

charred1

Reaction score
1639715876603.png