WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

another new 21 tunnel build

stevevan

Reaction score
all i can say is its finally home and let the build begin!!!!

Abbotsford-20111127-00159.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00156.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00153.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00154.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00152.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00151.jpg

Abbotsford-20111127-00149.jpg

off to the uhlposters tomorrow. wont have it back for a couple months.
new interior from sratch, new travel/storage cover and super low pro bimini top when she comes out. cant wait!!!

steve:champagne::champagne::champagne:

cave

Reaction score
Effen Ay Steve. You Steve are having way to much fun!
IS this the pump your using or a template pump?

stevevan

Reaction score
Cave

Its the one I'm stuck with. Let's just say its not the one I paid for nor the one I wanted. Its glued in now and not coming out anytime soon. It is in really good shape. Better than what the pic makes it out to be. But ya not impressed. For the coming summer I'm going more for comfort than speed to start with. Plus building big power up here is very expensive. It will be a project I will work on while having fun with the boat in the meen time.

Steve.

stevevan

Reaction score
i was asked who built the hull so ill throw it out there. its a Bitz hull and hes out of B.C. canada

steve

cave

Reaction score
No worries, If needed it can be clean up. The Pump that is.:D

Good luck on the build!

pumpndump

3RD MEMBER
Reaction score
Congrats, looks like those B.C boys do some nice work.:thumbsup

cave

Reaction score
8k for interior. Dammmmmmm.. Post up some pics when your done.

Sent from caves humble DroidX

stevevan

Reaction score
8k for interior. Dammmmmmm.. Post up some pics when your done.

Sent from caves humble DroidX

Cave

8 grand ya but that's with bimini top and custom cover. Just interior should run about 6 grand.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Nice Project Steve.. Can't wait to see the boat in months too come!:cool:

cave

Reaction score
Anything? I really like the interior room in these boats.

stevevan

Reaction score
Anything? I really like the interior room in these boats.

pics coming soon. look for them in the coming weeks. builds been on hold for a bit. just getting things restarted now.

steve

jrork

Reaction score
pics coming soon. look for them in the coming weeks. builds been on hold for a bit. just getting things restarted now.

steve

Come on Steve. We all wanna see this beauty don't make me come up there to get some pictures for us.:skull:skull:skull

stevevan

Reaction score
Come on Steve. We all wanna see this beauty don't make me come up there to get some pictures for us.:skull:skull:skull

haha. i want this thing moving along to. busy season is coming for the upholstering business and hes promised me it will be done by the end of march. only thing is its still going to be missing one important item. no power plant yet. ive kinda made a deal with a builder friend of mine for a 496 stroker but even then i have to dress it. thousands to be spent yet before this thing sees water. doing my best.

steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The pump looks BITCHEN!! Who's doing the interior?

Out of curiosity, why go with a BITZ over an OG Elim? Interior room? Price?

RD

stevevan

Reaction score
The pump looks BITCHEN!! Who's doing the interior?

Out of curiosity, why go with a BITZ over an OG Elim? Interior room? Price?

RD

Dave
I went with a bitz because I've known him for years, he's close to where I live and yes I got a very good deal on the cost. Plus I've seen his work over the years and he had also done work on past boats for me. He may not have a good rep but he can build a boat as good as any other. Wait to ya see how this thing turns out.

Steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave
I went with a bitz because I've known him for years, he's close to where I live and yes I got a very good deal on the cost. Plus I've seen his work over the years and he had also done work on past boats for me. He may not have a good rep but he can build a boat as good as any other. Wait to ya see how this thing turns out.

Steve

I think the rep has more to do with failed lead times, then the actual quality of the work though right?

RD

stevevan

Reaction score
I think the rep has more to do with failed lead times, then the actual quality of the work though right?

RD

Dave
Yes for sure. He is his own worst enemy. His work has always been very good. But his time schedule and his promises kill him. He's always got some kind of drama going on that holds him up. If he just could focus on his tasks he could be very busy and successfull. Like I said I know him well and he's lucky shooting yourself in the foot is just an expression.

Steve

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the help yesterday, got the goods today.

Dave,
I went with one for several reasons, Bitz has a race proven pedigree in drag boats, Shoemaker was 2.5 times the price, Eliminator was 3.5 times the price. He was willing to build it light as hell, Mine came in at 820#. for a 21 foot boat that's light as hell. The dash moved 18" forward means: motor can be properly positioned and you do not loose the rear seat. Heck I put a 6" steering extension on mine.

BUT....you do in fact need the patience of Jobe. That said, he has completed everything he promised me.

Steve

stevevan

Reaction score
first pic of many to come. got the engine cover frame delivered today. so now the fun starts.
imagejpeg_3.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

:champagne:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Lookin good Steve, Nice tanks I see hidden away under there ;)

Steve

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
My new ones will be here Weds-Thurs. Imco only makes 13 gallons ones now. only other option would be gunnel shaped customs.

cave

Reaction score
Looks awesome Steve..
How much does that cage weigh? I like it.
IMAG0069.jpg

Looks like its coming along just fine.
Nganga, Yours is too!

I dont know this builder but his last 3 hulls that have photographs here are pretty nice.

I imagine all builders have had there moments. Especially if they have endured many long years in the biz.

stevevan

Reaction score
Looks awesome Steve..
How much does that cage weigh? I like it.

Cave

cage weighs maybe 7 pounds if that. its super light. many delays on starting the upholstery. they're bringing in a guy from the coast to do it and he keeps getting held up with other work. I've never met him but I've seen pics and products hes done. the guys amazing. it will be worth the wait.

pics coming soon (i hope)

Steve

randyjet

Reaction score
I want to do seat frames like that and get away from wood on the floor of the boat, Just have frames with snap in cushions.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Steve,
Did you cap the rubrail on the rear? looks like its gone and covered with white tape?
Steve

stevevan

Reaction score
Steve,
Did you cap the rubrail on the rear? looks like its gone and covered with white tape?
Steve

Ya Steve the transom is capped. The white tape is just a protective tape for leaning over during the build. Peel it off when I'm done.

Steve.

stevevan

Reaction score
new pics. not much new stuff. just changed some things. looks better.

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

steve

cave

Reaction score
Steve If I may suggest. Your hand hole is completely outside the boat! Awesome. Just note that leverage will eventually crack the poxy at the intake.
Either make one of these Pictured Below or buy one that supports the front of your pump. Tie it into the engine mounting rails.
Tom May have these too.
Pump%20Brace%203086.JPG

I made my own since every jet install is different. Real easy out of 1/4" Aluminum.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm digging that metal framed engine hatch.. 7 lbs doesn't weigh shit.. I am really curious to see how they upholster it and what they will use for backing?

RD

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
you should recomend foamcore for he backing i used it to make my floor in my boat 4x8 sheet is 3 pounds and stronger than steel they say! food for thought

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Steve If I may suggest. Your hand hole is completely outside the boat! Awesome. Just note that leverage will eventually crack the poxy at the intake.
Either make one of these Pictured Below or buy one that supports the front of your pump. Tie it into the engine mounting rails.
Tom May have these too.
Pump%20Brace%203086.JPG

I made my own since every jet install is different. Real easy out of 1/4" Aluminum.

x2 Mine did this. I ordered the exact one pictured from Duane and cut it to fit. He makes them a lil bigger just in case.

I also have the top of the pump braced.

stevevan

Reaction score
x2 Mine did this. I ordered the exact one pictured from Duane and cut it to fit. He makes them a lil bigger just in case.

I also have the top of the pump braced.

thanks guys. full intensions on running a pump brace.

stevevan

Reaction score
got my rear seat frame and put tanks in today.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

steve

cave

Reaction score
SWEET!!! Coming along nicely :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
These aluminum frames are tripping me out.. What do you put in them to back the vinyl?

RD

stevevan

Reaction score
These aluminum frames are tripping me out.. What do you put in them to back the vinyl?

RD

RD

You'll have to keep watching to get that answer. Getting away from wood frames in a boat is key.

Steve

Instig8r

Reaction score
Very nice work. I had talked to Rick about building one, just haven't decided if I have time to take on a project that big. But watching yours come to life is making me think twice.

stevevan

Reaction score
Very nice work. I had talked to Rick about building one, just haven't decided if I have time to take on a project that big. But watching yours come to life is making me think twice.

thanks. i enjoy this hobby a lot. i wish the people i hire to do some of the work shared my enthusiasm. had to get serious with the upholsterer today. i'm sick of watching other projects come and go. especially since hes paid in full. started searching for other options today. problem is everyone is swamped now and cant take on a big project at this time.

steve

randyjet

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one doing this I am currently building aluminum seat frames too thought wood is too primitive and heavy.