WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Nordic 28SS with twin 300XS's

Liberated

Reaction score
Just getting started with taping now. Another boat going to Canada. IMG_2948.jpg IMG_2947.jpg IMG_2946.jpg IMG_2945.jpg IMG_2949.jpg

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup Looking forward to more pictures!

HavaToon

Reaction score
Looking good Nordic...those outboards are catching on.

JD D05

Reaction score
Love to see you guys building boats heading into winter.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Love the build process. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Iman

Reaction score
Badass. Keep the updates coming.

BMABITY

Reaction score
With optimal setup for top speed, what is your expectations on this package? I assume 300xs are going on it. On another note I do have to say Nordic is really doing their part to be a leader in the performance boat market. If I had the coin to be "living the dream". My garage would have a Nordic deck for partying and a 28 cat with monster power to haul the mail.

HavaToon

Reaction score
With optimal setup for top speed, what is your expectations on this package? I assume 300xs are going on it. On another note I do have to say Nordic is really doing their part to be a leader in the performance boat market. If I had the coin to be "living the dream". My garage would have a Nordic deck for partying and a 28 cat with monster power to haul the mail.

With the twin 300xs on the 28ss it's running 110

HavaToon

Reaction score
that is a restpectable # for the size boat.

How is your new build treating you?

Its been great! We've only had a chance to run it one weekend durning Monster bash and will be testing props today so long as I don't freeze to death.

Liberated

Reaction score
Laminating IMG_3013.jpg IMG_3009.jpg
Transom and knee braces IMG_3008.jpg
Taping deck(yes Tom holding his head is what this graphic is doing to him) IMG_3010.jpg IMG_3011.jpg IMG_3012.jpg
Cup holders out of mold IMG_3007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 178

Liberated

Reaction score
deck in lamination
IMG_0001.jpg
coolers and lids
IMG_0003.jpg
inner liner will be built in 2 overlapping parts then glassed back together to move the rear seat back 18"
IMG_0002.jpg
seat backs fresh out of mold IMG_0004.jpg

Liberated

Reaction score
pre wiring deck
IMG_0014.jpg
hull out of mold with tanks and bulkheads in IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
Is there a single fuel fill or one on each side?

Liberated

Reaction score
Body work all done and now color is back on. Will hit the rig line in about a week.

IMG_0423.jpg IMG_0421.jpg IMG_0422.jpg

catman

Reaction score
I seen this boat yesterday.All I can say is SICK !!!!!!!!

catman

Reaction score
:D
What you like outboards now? :D

By the way, great looking boat...can't wait to see it rigged!

Never said I did not like them,just would not own one :D I love spending $$$$& on fuel.The pictures do not do the boat justice.The boat looks really nice.

Taboma

Reaction score
John I've seen your product(s) up close and I'm damned impressed. :thumbsup:thumbsup
With that said, between my personal experiences and seemingly of every other person I've read about towing a new boat off the lot, THEN you stand back and start heaving buckets
of money at it dialing it in. Doesn't seem to matter which manufacturer it is or which model and how many prior they've shoved out the door, it's the same game.
Now I fully realize there's a lot of variables, especially climate, altitude and if it's going to big coean blue, Lake Tahoe or Lake Havasu ---- BUT, why do we as customers always feel
as if our new custom boat is SO custom there's never been one built before ?

So with that said, is this 29' with twin merc 300's dialed in for at least Lake Havasu ? Just break it in and drive it grinning from ear to ear ?

Thank you and keep up the great work :D

HavaToon

Reaction score
John I've seen your product(s) up close and I'm damned impressed. :thumbsup:thumbsup
With that said, between my personal experiences and seemingly of every other person I've read about towing a new boat off the lot, THEN you stand back and start heaving buckets
of money at it dialing it in. Doesn't seem to matter which manufacturer it is or which model and how many prior they've shoved out the door, it's the same game.
Now I fully realize there's a lot of variables, especially climate, altitude and if it's going to big coean blue, Lake Tahoe or Lake Havasu ---- BUT, why do we as customers always feel
as if our new custom boat is SO custom there's never been one built before ?

So with that said, is this 29' with twin merc 300's dialed in for at least Lake Havasu ? Just break it in and drive it grinning from ear to ear ?

Thank you and keep up the great work :D

We've been grinning ear to ear many times and the dialing in is almost there. The challenge is and has been finding the best all around prop, this is a deck boat of course. When all is said and done we'll most likely run two sets of props...day to day and go fast.

And I will add Nordic (especially John), BBlades and now Mercury have been very helpful in the dial in process.

Taboma

Reaction score
Wizard is this because your boat is one of the first decks out the door in this series and lucky you becomes the test boat of sorts ?
Of course it could also be that you enjoy experimenting and feel there's a sweet prop combo that hasn't been explored --- I get that.
I know that especially with outboards achieving the best "Overall" for you might be different than the next guy, given there's so many variables --- BUT :D

I'm certainly happy you're getting so much support, I hope that means you're not footing the bill for all the various props and it's more just investing your time and of course having fun in the process. It's been many years since we've purchased a brand new boat. My wife has numerous cocktail stories about having a GPS in one hand, notepad and pen in the other, her ass a foot above the seat bottom and me yelling out tach readings ------- she was a great sport. In my case with my Cole, after trying about every prop type and tune I could imagine, it came down to the big bucks items of shorty gear cases and stand-offs. I'd finally had enough and threw in the flag, it was good enough, I picked the happy medium and stayed with it. Even today, after a couple of beers (Not driving the boat !!) I wonder if there's still a little more to be had :rolleyes
If I even approached that subject with my pretty co-pilot, I'd surely sustain a few injuries, apparently she didn't enjoy test and tune all that much :yikes

But the point of the original question is an honest one. I really like that 28SS with the twin 300XS package. Every new boat story I read still seems to involve the new owner spending a lot of time, money or both getting these beautiful beasts dialed in, be it Nordic, Eliminator, DCB,etc.,etc. doesn't seem to matter. When I read the story I can't help but think WHY ? Why can't X,Y or Z builder send this customer home with a boat that's at least dialed in 9/10ths ? Especially with outboards versus a totally custom engine package.

Do any builders provide that level of service ?

Guess I'll sit back and let y'all keep testing and I'll keep reading and waiting, my testing days are over, for that kind of coin, I want and expect the builder to deliver a dialed in boat.

Is that possible ? Would seem not. :D

951prerun

Reaction score
Wizard is this because your boat is one of the first decks out the door in this series and lucky you becomes the test boat of sorts ?
Of course it could also be that you enjoy experimenting and feel there's a sweet prop combo that hasn't been explored --- I get that.
I know that especially with outboards achieving the best "Overall" for you might be different than the next guy, given there's so many variables --- BUT :D

I'm certainly happy you're getting so much support, I hope that means you're not footing the bill for all the various props and it's more just investing your time and of course having fun in the process. It's been many years since we've purchased a brand new boat. My wife has numerous cocktail stories about having a GPS in one hand, notepad and pen in the other, her ass a foot above the seat bottom and me yelling out tach readings ------- she was a great sport. In my case with my Cole, after trying about every prop type and tune I could imagine, it came down to the big bucks items of shorty gear cases and stand-offs. I'd finally had enough and threw in the flag, it was good enough, I picked the happy medium and stayed with it. Even today, after a couple of beers (Not driving the boat !!) I wonder if there's still a little more to be had :rolleyes
If I even approached that subject with my pretty co-pilot, I'd surely sustain a few injuries, apparently she didn't enjoy test and tune all that much :yikes

But the point of the original question is an honest one. I really like that 28SS with the twin 300XS package. Every new boat story I read still seems to involve the new owner spending a lot of time, money or both getting these beautiful beasts dialed in, be it Nordic, Eliminator, DCB,etc.,etc. doesn't seem to matter. When I read the story I can't help but think WHY ? Why can't X,Y or Z builder send this customer home with a boat that's at least dialed in 9/10ths ? Especially with outboards versus a totally custom engine package.

Do any builders provide that level of service ?

Guess I'll sit back and let y'all keep testing and I'll keep reading and waiting, my testing days are over, for that kind of coin, I want and expect the builder to deliver a dialed in boat.

Is that possible ? Would seem not. :D

Could it be that these people love chasing "the perfect setup" or "perfect prop"? With a boat like this 28SS I am sure that its known what style of prop works good and getting a good setup just comes down to the pitch in order to get 95% of the performance. If you want to chase that last 5MPH then I think its up to you to try different props and have them messaged with some extra cup of diameter taken out of it, or what ever it takes to get the last drop of speed out of it.

Taboma

Reaction score
951prerun, absolutely there's those who love tweaking and testing to get that last 5 mph, hell the last .10 mph, been there done that for sure.

I've spent a life time fucking with everything I've ever bought, always thinking I'd discover the Holy Grail somebody else had overlooked, so I get that "Fun" aspect.

Unfortunately I've also spent just as much time and money dialing shit (boats in particular) in because some folks are not honest, or perhaps their speedos weren't properly calibrated ;)

But I'm just wondering for the sake of conversation and because frankly I've gotten older (Arrrgghhh) ----- and maybe wiser, maybe :rolleyes ---- Can you buy one that dialed in ?

I'd like to feel confident that I can actually purchase a 95% dialed in new boat and that the factory crew has truly spent the many hours required to achieve it.
Finding that last 5% or fine tuning it to a particular use would then be optional and at my discretion.

You optimistically state "You're Sure", I sincerely hope you're right and somebody like Nordic John, or others who have experienced this come on here and are willing to state it.

Note: I did not write or imply "Prove it", I'm not looking to argue the point.

I'm simply seeking confidence in that being the case.

wychwood

Reaction score
pearls are off the hook, how long before the boat is ready for water testing? one of the nicest boats i have seen!!!!

wychwood

Reaction score
Nordic's glass work seems to be some of the best ive seen in the trade, would anyone like to comment? This 28ss reminds me of a small mti:thumbsup

wychwood

Reaction score
John; do you know if this boat will be on display at the havasu boat show or at the desert storm street part?:)

Liberated

Reaction score
Ok I've been slacking a little! Not really just too dam busy to keep up with all these threads but here is more pics of this one. Almost done just sewing the hatch now and it's going to the trailer. Hopefully get it wet tomorrow then it will be at Havasu show this weekend

IMG_0609.jpg IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0599.jpg IMG_0597.jpg IMG_0598.jpg IMG_0596.jpg IMG_0587.jpg IMG_0586.jpg IMG_0585.jpg IMG_0584.jpg IMG_0582.jpg IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0608.jpg

wychwood

Reaction score
John congrats on this boat, this has to be the nicest boat I have seen from Nordic, the glass work and detail in the graphics are wild. Very, very lucky customer!!!!

Sbarry

Reaction score
Okay, I'll say it.... Baddest Mofo on the water! :) Holy crap this is one nice sled!!

Iman

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it at the show. Great job John, Thane and the rest of the Nordic crew.

dschifan

Reaction score
You guys have done a phenomenal job with this boat and the layout. Not a fan of this graphic design but I would love to see this boat in solid white it would look mean! Ya might just be hearing from me in the near future :thumbup:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Awesome build, attention to detail is incredible, also, in the first picture, that very blue gel scheme looks awesome. Is this another build in another thread, can't remember.

mlt

Reaction score
absolutely beautiful:thumbup: ...Robert is going to be very happy...incredible build guys...MLT

gqchris

Reaction score
One Day , I will own one of these! Just bad ass..........