WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another one down !

grumpy88

Reaction score
I was told it was a 28 conquest but what ever it was it's sitting on the bottom near river lodge . Everybody is ok and nobody went to jail so life is not that bad ! Be safe !

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Saw these on FB

IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

Raffit78

Reaction score
Hope all are safe and unharmed.

That water in the first image looks pretty chopped up.

DWC

Reaction score
Any follow up pics?

grumpy88

Reaction score
To dark but it's being put on s trailer as I post this

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes why did it sink, wake boat, rock, plug?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Crazy weekend, sure seems like more carnage than normal.

Hopefully no one got hurt.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
The ramps have been quiet. Windsor had some guy thump his wife yesterday and that landed him with bracelets, and site 6 only had one sink

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Seen this on FB. Too many different versions of the story.

IMG_7489.jpg
IMG_7490.jpg
IMG_7491.jpg

CobraDave

Reaction score
so what's the story on the Conquest? And where did a Mercedes go in the water??!!

fishing fool

Reaction score
When taking the boat out last night at the north Windsor ramp there were sheriffs there talking to 4 or 5 boats. I think someone came in and hit a few boats at the ramp.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Yea. The boat owner was very crowd friendly. He was talking about how he used a fuel pump to pump water out of the leaking pontoon and they drove it from Pirates leaning sideways.

Saw him coming back, two people up in the bow to try and keep it down. He was moving slow and "keeping out of the way" this is key to me with so many boats flying by.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Saw him coming back, two people up in the bow to try and keep it down. He was moving slow and "keeping out of the way" this is key to me with so many boats flying by.

The dude was a serious Macgyver type. I give him credit. He had a plan where other people would have panicked.

Mike K

Reaction score
... about the stupid boaters that do their thing at the ramp ... it's kinda weird to see a lot of peeps sitting their waiting and hoping for someone to make a fool out of themselves ... I kinda get it ... maybe once or twice but I'm the kinda guy that has been there when I was a newbie and I had old dudes helping me out instead of laughing ... but whatever ... I'm not judging ... just thinking out loud.:drink:drink:thumbup::thumbup:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
... about the stupid boaters that do their thing at the ramp ... it's kinda weird to see a lot of peeps sitting their waiting and hoping for someone to make a fool out of themselves ... I kinda get it ... maybe once or twice but I'm the kinda guy that has been there when I was a newbie and I had old dudes helping me out instead of laughing ... but whatever ... I'm not judging ... just thinking out loud.:drink:drink:thumbup::thumbup:

You can tell right away the type of people.

There are the normal people having a hard time loading/unloading or whatever.

Then there are the complete assholes.

I have helped them all. The asshole is usually the guy putting his wife or gf into tears for no reason. Or the Bro crew with all his homo buddies that don't know jack shit about ramp etiquette. I'm usually keeping their shit from hitting mine or someone else's.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yea. The boat owner was very crowd friendly. He was talking about how he used a fuel pump to pump water out of the leaking pontoon and they drove it from Pirates leaning sideways.

Sinking a pontoon doesn't seem like it would be easy to do. That must take a special kind of talent.
Here, read the above post and re-evaluate your comment.[emoji19]

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I think I would have left it at Pirate's and got a ride to my trailer. That is a long ride down river on a sinking boat...

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I think I would have left it at Pirate's and got a ride to my trailer. That is a long ride down river on a sinking boat...

Agree.

I lost forward gear in my 250 Daytona at Lake Pleasant. I was up in the river at the time. It was August and about 3PM. There was an epic monsoon coming in out of the Northeast. Not getting any help in a tow, I had no choice but to back across the lake, in a storm to the north ramp. Wife stayed at the dock with the boat, I got a ride to my truck at the 10 lane.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Agree.

I lost forward gear in my 250 Daytona at Lake Pleasant. I was up in the river at the time. It was August and about 3PM. There was an epic monsoon coming in out of the Northeast. Not getting any help in a tow, I had no choice but to back across the lake, in a storm to the north ramp. Wife stayed at the dock with the boat, I got a ride to my truck at the 10 lane.
Damn. That must have been a ass puckering ride across the lake. :(

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
You can tell right away the type of people.

There are the normal people having a hard time loading/unloading or whatever.

Then there are the complete assholes.

I have helped them all. The asshole is usually the guy putting his wife or gf into tears for no reason. Or the Bro crew with all his homo buddies that don't know jack shit about ramp etiquette. I'm usually keeping their shit from hitting mine or someone else's.
The bottom line is that everybody ends up in tough situation at the ramp, some people go to poke fun and get pleasure out of others misery, others go to look at equipment, on weekends my boat stays in the garage i go to be by the water.

Karma is a mother, and if you see one struggling and dont offer a hand your a dick plain and simple.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Here, read the above post and re-evaluate your comment.[emoji19]

All that tells me is the captain made a very poor decision ferrying his passengers all the way from Pirates.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
All that tells me is the captain made a very poor decision ferrying his passengers all the way from Pirates.

Your first post insinuated he was "some kind of special" be be able to sink his pontoon. Apparently he wasn't that special but instead a problem solver. Was his choice the most prudent? Who knows, we weren't there but he did bring 'em all home safe.:)

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Huh? Guy, in the face of a rather significant problem, determined a way to solve it with what he had on hand...solved it enough to evaluate the boat as lake worthy, then got his passengers home. You don't need drain plugs when you're moving anyway.

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

Some people have the ability to solve their own problems and never have "call somebody".