WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another pool build thread........

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And here we go, build by Sandcastle, spa will be what they call knife edge, water is level with the top and spills over on three sides into the pool, and a table in the spa this time. In floor cleaning system, salt, led fire pots that spill water and two led laminar flows in the back and side walls. Stairs go up to a sundeck where there was just wasted space currently. The house is built into a hillside, you enter from the street on the second level, and go down to the guest bedrooms, bar and and doors to the pool. When its done we will add a metal spiral staircase from the upper level patio down to the pool as well.

We live on sand, not one pebble in this stuff. They are going to shoot the dig with a thin layer of gunite first to keep it from caving in while they do the plumbing and rebar. I guess they punch holes in the gunite for the plumbing. More to follow.

IMG_7177_Original.jpeg
IMG_7178_Original.jpeg
IMG_8252.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
I love that knife edge look - I want a big rectangle pool like that all the way around! With one end baja shelf, deep in the middle and the other end jacuzzi all under the knife edge

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I love that knife edge look - I want a big rectangle pool like that all the way around! With one end baja shelf, deep in the middle and the other end jacuzzi all under the knife edge
Wanted to knife edge the whole pool, but it was $20,000 more since they need all the drains for the overflow, makes it quite a bit more complicated to build, on the spa its not too much additional because the water spills back into the pool

EarpRider

Reaction score
Your doing salt water in Havasu? I was told by a few builders thats a bad idea because the water here is so nasty that will destroy the salt pool equipment.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Your doing salt water in Havasu? I was told by a few builders thats a bad idea because the water here is so nasty that will destroy the salt pool equipment.
We have had three pools in Havasu, two new and one old. Converted the old to salt and the two new were salt from the get go. Not sure why they always try to steer you away from salt, we have never had an issue with it. Change the water every one or two years anyway.

Tank

Reaction score
SICK!! Have any more pics of the yard from the other angle? Like I said on the another pool thread recently, I love pools that butt up against the houses and almost seem to flow into the patio covers / inside of the house.

Also, do the stairs to the upper lounge area go over the pool?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
SICK!! Have any more pics of the yard from the other angle? Like I said on the another pool thread recently, I love pools that butt up against the houses and almost seem to flow into the patio covers / inside of the house.

Also, do the stairs to the upper lounge area go over the pool?

Yes those stairs will go over the pool. Ill get some more pics.

jadenchick

Reaction score
I LOVE it! The spa is my favorite. I don’t think I’ve seen it done before.

Do you live on the island? That looks like one of the neighborhoods by me.

FishSniper

Reaction score
And here we go, build by Sandcastle, spa will be what they call knife edge, water is level with the top and spills over on three sides into the pool, and a table in the spa this time. In floor cleaning system, salt, led fire pots that spill water and two led laminar flows in the back and side walls. Stairs go up to a sundeck where there was just wasted space currently. The house is built into a hillside, you enter from the street on the second level, and go down to the guest bedrooms, bar and and doors to the pool. When its done we will add a metal spiral staircase from the upper level patio down to the pool as well.

We live on sand, not one pebble in this stuff. They are going to shoot the dig with a thin layer of gunite first to keep it from caving in while they do the plumbing and rebar. I guess they punch holes in the gunite for the plumbing. More to follow.

View attachment 944236 View attachment 944237 View attachment 944238
Looks great. We’re on a similar timeline our dig started 2 weeks ago up there.