WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another preventative health question.

Singleton

Reaction score
Never said covid was not real. And never said the docs get kickbacks from vaccine. But they do get kickbacks from big pharma, just happens biden is getting the ones for the vaccine.

No the vaccine doesn't work. And it's proven. Otherwise the vaxed would not be getting and spreading covid and creating mutations of it.

If you think your God enough that you are willing to ration medical treatment then that proves my point about the trust also.

So your saying any future side effects are still worth the risk when there are other alternatives with much less to no side effects?

I don't trust big pharma to not start bundling the covid shot into other true vaccines. And I don't trust the government to not mandate it. I don't trust most of the doctors to tell if they are or are not. Seems the hypocratic oath has turned into a hypocritic oath for many as they refuse to speak up.

IMO, the C19 shot should of never been called a vaccine.
It should of been labeled as something else, since it only limits your risk of severe complications and/or death.
Then let people make the decision.

The mandates now just increase the distrust and the vax vs unvax push does the same.
If the vax does not stop the spread, why does vax status matter?
Let people decide if they want to lower their risk of severe Covid by taking the shot.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So you going to do the same for smokers, drinkers, drug users too? What about those that push the limits in racing or extreme sports? Where do you draw the line? I have paid into the system and have had minimal use of it. Why are you the one that gets to pick and choose who lives and dies? Not an attack but I don’t get who made people in your position the ones to make the choice who lives or dies. I thought that the medical community were here to save lives.
The thread by Stacy about Ray's condition and hope for transfer, etc was a prime example how hospitals are handling situations these days.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Didn't mean to spin this thread out in the reeds but it is how I feel and what I think will end up happening if it hasn't already

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
IMO, the C19 shot should of never been called a vaccine.
It should of been labeled as something else, since it only limits your risk of severe complications and/or death.
Then let people make the decision.

The mandates now just increase the distrust and the vax vs unvax push does the same.
If the vax does not stop the spread, why does vax status matter?
Let people decide if they want to lower their risk of severe Covid by taking the shot.
They call the Flu shot a vaccine, yet we are suggested to get a shot annually.
Mostly I think that people misinterpret the word and believe it's supposed to "cure" or "prevent" illness.

Singleton

Reaction score
They call the Flu shot a vaccine, yet we are suggested to get a shot annually.
Mostly I think that people misinterpret the word and believe it's supposed to "cure" or "prevent" illness.

That misinterpretation is due to folks changing the game in the last 12 months. Prior to the Covid vaccine, the CDC’s definition was “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Immunity to a disease = prevent illness! CDC changed the definition in the last year. That just creates issues.
I don’t refer to the flu shot as a vaccine - I refer to it as a ‘complication reduction therapeutic’.

suggested vs mandate is huge as well IMO.

I am pro-vaccination, anti mandates on medical procedures!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That misinterpretation is due to folks changing the game in the last 12 months. Prior to the Covid vaccine, the CDC’s definition was “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Immunity to a disease = prevent illness! CDC changed the definition in the last year. That just creates issues.
I don’t refer to the flu shot as a vaccine - I refer to it as a ‘complication reduction therapeutic’.

suggested vs mandate is huge as well IMO.

I am pro-vaccination, anti mandates on medical procedures!
New words added for clarification imo but yeah it added to everyones confusion. Historically, the population assumes it's a cure.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Imagine if medical personal did nothing to help someone who just OD'd because they made the choice how many people would be dead. Or how about we didn't help those involved in car crashes until we figured out if they broke the law first because they made the choice. What about those that eat fast food and are morbidly obese and get heart disease or have a heart attack, maybe we should just let them die since they made the choice to be unhealthy. We don't because that is not part of the human element we all have. Treating people who work out daily and eat healthy but don't agree with a government mandated flu shot is close minded and ignorant. Covid does exist. We know that, but remember how many homeless people, cops, firemen, paramedics, nurses and doctors who have worked through this without much widespread sickness. All of this over the past 18 months without a vaccine. Why? Because they are generally inclined to be healthy and have good immune systems as well as understanding general cleanliness procedures.

And in closing, if this was so deadly, why on earth are we firing medical staff who worked through this pandemic and know how to treat it. It doesn't pass the common sense test.
Generally, keeping unhealthy people alive is a first world problem. In the rest of the world, where families have to pay to keep their loved ones alive, the unhealthy are allowed to die, instead of being kept alive using modern medicine in a futile attempt that they will recover.

My colleagues from places like the Philippines and India just chuckle at some of the stuff that occurs in our hospitals.

Edit: my FIL was an expat in the Phillipines. When he got ill a few months ago, the hospital wanted daily payment to keep him alive. Like your typical Vietnam era vet, he lived a full life and wasn’t in the best overall health. We (my wife is also in Healthcare) FaceTimed the MDs, reviewed the labs, and informed the rest of the family that he was going to die, and to continue care was futile. We encouraged them to pull the plug, and let them know that we would not be contributing financially from that point forward. They decided to continue care and he passed a couple of days later. It has been a source of contention among my wife and her sisters but we stood our ground. When making medical decisions, it is difficult, but you can’t let your emotions get involved. That is easier said than done for most.

Last edited: