WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another retirement build

franky

Reaction score
Are you going to complete the driveway out to WW or leave it dirt?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
We'll work on that when the house on the upper lot has been completed. The couple building that house is just breaking ground now so we're looking at a year or so.

Reactions: DWC

franky

Reaction score
We'll work on that when the house on the upper lot has been completed. The couple building that house is just breaking ground now so we're looking at a year or so.
We have the 10 acres above you and used to own that property that yours is a part of (actually the 40 acres including the mtn and where the flood basin is now). Glad to see that being built. Unbelievable views there an your pad turned out awesome. Now you need to push the issue with horse lady to build. What are you doing with your other lot?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
We have the 10 acres above you and used to own that property that yours is a part of (actually the 40 acres including the mtn and where the flood basin is now). Glad to see that being built. Unbelievable views there and your pad turned out awesome. Now you need to push the issue with horse lady to build. What are you doing with your other lot?

Stephanie (horse lady) and her husband Brad were planning on building their house on the lot, all plans were thrown for a loss when he was killed in the rollover accident on McCulloch about a year ago. I don't know what her plans are now.

Lower lot will be a spec build, but probably not until 2020. The next project is the Huntington Harbour house remodel so we can move in. We bought that property almost four years ago and it still sets vacant. The saving grace is that it's now worth about $1M more than we paid for it. If I start any other projects before finishing that remodel my wife will kill me. All I've done there is install a new dock - which didn't really impress her all that much. :p

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
All I've done there is install a new dock - which didn't really impress her all that much. :p

LOL Our wives must be distant relatives. That is what happens to me. She goes out of town with house under construction. I work for a week straight and she comes back saying “That’s all you got done. I guess you took a little time off as well. LOL FML

LoriDee

Havasu Member
Reaction score
We bought the 2.5 acre lot in Havasu just after selling the company a couple of years back. Did the basic layout then dumped the remaining 110% of the project into SummitKarl's lap. I don't remember the exact footage but it's around 6,000 sq ft of house, 2,500 sq ft of garage, and 1,600 sq ft of covered patio. Two stories, six bedrooms and nine bathrooms. Located near the top of Window Rock on Rock Ridge Trail with an awesome view of the lake and sunsets.

The GC is Greg de Thomas of Amerizona Builders in Havasu.

Foundation work started the week before Thanksgiving. The right side of the house (in the following picture) faces west.

View attachment 611871

View attachment 611872

Framing started the beginning of the past week and good progress so far. At the end of Tuesday . . . .

View attachment 611878

. . . and as of Friday.

View attachment 611879

The space at the near right corner of the lot will be the pool and spa.

Looking to be moving into it in September.

Cheers, Mark
Yes I do! I appreciated the opportunity to help you with that fabulous property!!! Congratulations...