WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Scam

TexasJet

Reaction score
Just got a call from my "granddaughter". Phone rings and she says, "do you know who this is" in a very weak voice. I say no and she says it's your granddaughter, again in a very weak voice. Long story short, she wrecked her car and is in the hospital. I'm having a very hard time understanding her as we talk for another 30 seconds or so then the line goes dead. I hang up and explain the call to my wife who is sitting next to me. She immediately says, SCAM. Then she reminds me of a similar call I had over a year back.
The first call actually got to the money part to the tune of $2000 before I hung up. Just a warning to all.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
This grandkid scam almost got my parents a few years back. One caller said they were the grandson and had been in an accident that broke someone's leg. In order to stay out of jail he needed 9k right away. The caller even said to not call mom or dad (me). They even went to the bank until they were told there it is a scam.

Now, they get the calls all the time and have fun with the callers asking why the grandkid who is a brain surgeon (he's not) needs cash right away.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
My great aunt was scammed out of $$$ with the grand child scam.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I've had a few, one at 3:00 am was really targeted. Pretended to be my nephew. Knew names etc., by the time I actually woke up and started some questions, he be gone.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just got a call from my "granddaughter". Phone rings and she says, "do you know who this is" in a very weak voice. I say no and she says it's your granddaughter, again in a very weak voice. Long story short, she wrecked her car and is in the hospital. I'm having a very hard time understanding her as we talk for another 30 seconds or so then the line goes dead. I hang up and explain the call to my wife who is sitting next to me. She immediately says, SCAM. Then she reminds me of a similar call I had over a year back.
The first call actually got to the money part to the tune of $2000 before I hung up. Just a warning to all.
I've received this call many times with a girl saying she is my daughter and in the hospital. I knew my daughter wasn't in the hospital so told the caller that I dont have any kids so fuck off

wallnutz

Reaction score
Wife's uncle was all in for this scam, bank told him he was an idiot and he should try calling us. Lucky the teller was heads up, they were asking for $15,000.00

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
My mom gets these on occasion stating its her grandson (my boys).She knows they don't call her grandma and they dont have her home line.