WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Antelope Valley cartel grow residue

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
Its all over where I live too. Where is law enforcement? Very sad.

azsunfun

Reaction score
looks like crap land to grow on, never seen mj farm where it would burn the crop. hmmm

poncho

Reaction score
So commiefornia taxes the fuk out of legal weed that spawns the illegal operations. Way to go losers.
There's a legal store in my town, people that I know wont go there, say it's double because of taxes etc.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So commiefornia taxes the fuk out of legal weed that spawns the illegal operations. Way to go losers.
There's a legal store in my town, people that I know wont go there, say it's double because of taxes etc.
Precisely why my cousin who has had a legal Co-op grow operation for years in So Cal pushed heavily for people to vote NO on the measure.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
AV grow operations have almost ruined El Mirage. Gotten so we don’t want to go anymore. The LA county line is old el mirage rd and everywhere east of there is grow operations. What used to be open desert is now an industrial area. Huge complex’s of sodium lights, constant traffic all night long with water pulls, the store is killing it selling propane , water, gas etc. residents being threatened and harassed.
Large part of our group that doesn’t run anymore is talkin about moving north and west now. Bitch is I could be home from the lake in an hour.

Taboma

Reaction score
Precisely why my cousin who has had a legal Co-op grow operation for years in So Cal pushed heavily for people to vote NO on the measure.

I don't understand ? He preferred the " Medical MJ " Hoax ? Wanted to keep out the competition ?
I went to a legal shop once as a father - son field trip. I was amazed with the security, professionalism and most of all, how old and well healed the folks in the store were.
These were middle aged or older folks with money, who live in million dollar homes. Of course this was in San Diego and not far from the Golden Triangle.

badgas

Reaction score

Yeah I have a family member who buys a pound for what taxes would be on pound if purchased at a store. I am not a smoker but if I were I would just grow my own no need to buy from anyone.

c_land

Reaction score
I used to work for Bolthouse Farms. We would farm about 7,000 acres of carrots in the AV east of Lancaster all the way to Llano.

These illegal grows would set up camp immediately next to where our fields were and channel the irrigation runoff to water their grows. They got free water and whatever fertilizers we would be putting through the Pivots during chemigation.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't understand ? He preferred the " Medical MJ " Hoax ? Wanted to keep out the competition ?
I went to a legal shop once as a father - son field trip. I was amazed with the security, professionalism and most of all, how old and well healed the folks in the store were.
These were middle aged or older folks with money, who live in million dollar homes. Of course this was in San Diego and not far from the Golden Triangle.
The medical MJ didn't have the massive taxes on it like the recreational laws imposed. He also wanted to see the legislation more clearly defined for "under the influence" before it was legalized. As it is right now, the state is raping you when you buy it from a store and will rape you if you have in your blood at all if involved in any kind of vehicle of equipment accident. Doesn't matter if you hadn't smoked in 48 hours and not under the influence if it anymore. They cannot tell with modern testing procedures. Its all a subjective test.

rrrr

Reaction score
Yeah I have a family member who buys a pound for what taxes would be on pound if purchased at a store. I am not a smoker but if I were I would just grow my own no need to buy from anyone.

For years I heard the BS that making it legal would shut down growers and the cartels. I told these people they were dreaming.

The cartels aren't going to walk away from billion dollar operations. Illegal growers know they can undercut prices at the dispensaries, and it was obvious from the beginning that taxes would cause prices to be outrageous.

My brother in Colorado tells me a good portion of the product in stores is over $50 a gram. There are 454 grams in an ounce, making the cost of a pound $22,700. Yeah, people will jump all over that.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I used to work for Bolthouse Farms. We would farm about 7,000 acres of carrots in the AV east of Lancaster all the way to Llano.

These illegal grows would set up camp immediately next to where our fields were and channel the irrigation runoff to water their grows. They got free water and whatever fertilizers we would be putting through the Pivots during chemigation.

What's not to like about that!.. Seems like a pretty environmental friendly way to grow weed. Reuse of irrigation runoff and removing excess nutrients from the Ag run off water. They should have got a heat ribbon for that.....

FCT

Reaction score
I keep my truck At a rock quarry in homeland by Hemet area and you can count about 6 illegal grows just from our property. They come and go in the same spots all the time. Every now and then RSO will bust one or two but for the most part nobody bothers them 🤦‍♂️

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
For years I heard the BS that making it legal would shut down growers and the cartels. I told these people they were dreaming.

The cartels aren't going to walk away from billion dollar operations. Illegal growers know they can undercut prices at the dispensaries, and it was obvious from the beginning that taxes would cause prices to be outrageous.

My brother in Colorado tells me a good portion of the product in stores is over $50 a gram. There are 454 grams in an ounce, making the cost of a pound $22,700. Yeah, people will jump all over that.
28 grams in an ounce, I think you meant in a pound

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
And I doubt he was finding anything priced at $50/gram. Most likely $50 for 3.5 gram which is still double what you would expect to pay outside of the commercial storefront setting.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
According to "a friend"... back in the 80s when he was in high school in So Cal. Seasonally available weed from the emerald triangle was $70 a gram. This was what he called "humble" county weed and it was near impossible to procure. The remaining 11 months of the year was nothing but mexican strains. So the fact that 30 years later you can get weed that is 2 or 3 times better than the best of yesteryear for $15 a gram in a store front is nothing more than pure progress on the highest level. (see what I did there).

Who the heck is smoking mass produced outdoor grow anymore? ... That type of grow has to be for extracts and edibles.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There was plenty of illegal grows before.. there’s even more now. Lol

The illegal grows are selling to the legal pot stores as well. Even though the legal pot stores claim it’s all 100% legal.. there’s quite a bit that gets bought through the back door and sold as legal.

I have several friends on the legal and illegal side of things and it’s interesting to hear their takes on it.

I had a chance to jump in on either side of that fence awhile back. I wanted to but Stacy wanted no part of it.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
The problem with weed it’s still classified as an illegal, Schedule I drug at the federal level, same as cocaine and heroin. It remains federally illegal for Americans to possess, grow, distribute, or transport marijuana, even for medical use. The federal government both the house and Senate need to get off the their butt and legalise it and treat it just like an alcohol commodity.

Last edited:

azsunfun

Reaction score
They are growing in buckets in green houses. The land is irrelevant.
looks like indentations in the earth with plant stalks says grown in the ground and no buckets in sight. its not to late i believe 80 something licences available.

rrrr

Reaction score
And I doubt he was finding anything priced at $50/gram. Most likely $50 for 3.5 gram which is still double what you would expect to pay outside of the commercial storefront setting.
Yeah, I'm sure my brother made it up. Have you bought weed from a Colorado dispensary?

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Here on the East side in Massachusetts you buy pre-rolls or loose is by 1/8 of oz. some by 1/4 oz.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure my brother made it up. Have you bought weed from a Colorado dispensary?
No I haven't but that price would keep any rational person from buying weed in CO. Since when does weed cost 3 times as much as cocaine?

Taboma

Reaction score
Jesus gentlemen arguing over the price of pot in Colorado --- I don't even smoke the shit and it took me 5 minutes to find this.
@rrrr I think your brother might be talking some really high quality shit or ??? Appears prices and taxes in CO are about the same as San Diego

I'm not trying to get in the middle of your pricing quarrel, but this info is right out there on Weedmaps for anybody to check out and price up.
And this is for Recreational, not just medical. As you can see, the medical gets tax breaks, otherwise the pot costs the same at a dispensary.

This as from the Tweedleaf Dispensary in Boulder CO.

Tweedlear Boulder disp..JPG

This is the Boulder City CO tax rate chart for Pot.

Boulder Co MJ Taxes.JPG

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Pot is very inexpensive these days. Hell one of the stores i drive by daily is advertising $30ozs. If you think that is expensive then apparently you never bought it before it was legalized!! It used to sale on the black market for $3500 per lb.. now you'll be lucky to see $1500lb for "top shelf"

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
How has no one robbed the lumber on site? I find it funny how politicians in CA believe their policies are the Pinnacle of world health and cleanliness yet this is actually what's going on.... Trash trash trash.

There's a documentary on Netflix I believe, about the war on drugs. The chick who put it all together did a great job really not being biased and ask why people are involved from customer to producer. Anyway I found it interesting how many hoops the legal weed Farmers had to jump through just to be legal and how much hustle you have to have to make a profit.

Every grow center I have helped bring power to here in AZ has been awesome to work with. By that I mean extremely professional and polite and squared away. Not one T or I had a missed cross or dot.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Pot is very inexpensive these days. Hell one of the stores i drive by daily is advertising $30ozs. If you think that is expensive then apparently you never bought it before it was legalized!! It used to sale on the black market for $3500 per lb.. now you'll be lucky to see $1500lb for "top shelf"
Market in Humboldt County is $3-500 a pound. There are about to be a lot of properties for sale. Between the taxes and state licensing the huge mega grows over the small mom & pop farms they have screwed the small farmers in the legal market. In fact the state deferred the taxes until next summer because people won't be able to pay.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Jesus gentlemen arguing over the price of pot in Colorado --- I don't even smoke the shit and it took me 5 minutes to find this.
@rrrr I think your brother might be talking some really high quality shit or ??? Appears prices and taxes in CO are about the same as San Diego

I'm not trying to get in the middle of your pricing quarrel, but this info is right out there on Weedmaps for anybody to check out and price up.
And this is for Recreational, not just medical. As you can see, the medical gets tax breaks, otherwise the pot costs the same at a dispensary.

This as from the Tweedleaf Dispensary in Boulder CO.

View attachment 1060117

This is the Boulder City CO tax rate chart for Pot.

View attachment 1060118
There’s a huge difference in price between legal and not. And there’s a huge difference in quality. The underground is still alive and well. The for- profit farms rush stuff to market and use chemicals, the underground farmers do not. At least this is what my friends tell me. lol.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
There’s a huge difference in price between legal and not. And there’s a huge difference in quality. The underground is still alive and well. The for- profit farms rush stuff to market and use chemicals, the underground farmers do not. At least this is what my friends tell me. lol.
In California everything has to be lab tested to be sold on the white market. Not saying black market isn't making into the dispensaries. But the green rush is dying fast. If you're trying to get in now, you may as well just burn your money and keep warm.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
In California everything has to be lab tested to be sold on the white market. Not saying black market isn't making into the dispensaries. But the green rush is dying fast. If you're trying to get in now, you may as well just burn your money and keep warm.
The AZ market is absolute bullshit compared to CA/ humboldt. The licenses here were all sold to big money interests who rush chemically poisoned crops to market with little care for the quality of the product they provide. I have multiple friends who are/ were in the industry and the stories they tell are rediculous. Especially to anyone with any grow experience.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
The AZ market is absolute bullshit compared to CA/ humboldt. The licenses here were all sold to big money interests who rush chemically poisoned crops to market with little care for the quality of the product they provide. I have multiple friends who are/ were in the industry and the stories they tell are rediculous. Especially to anyone with any grow experience.
Our lovely governor pulled the one acre cap after promising the small farms and taking their $. The amount of hoops and people with their hands out is absolutely insane! One small family farm I know of has been working for 3-4 years to get their permits finalized. Meanwhile some large corporation gets a 7 acre permit in less that 6 months in a watershed that is already having serious water issues because of the amount of large scale farms they have licensed.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
There was plenty of illegal grows before.. there’s even more now. Lol

The illegal grows are selling to the legal pot stores as well. Even though the legal pot stores claim it’s all 100% legal.. there’s quite a bit that gets bought through the back door and sold as legal.

I have several friends on the legal and illegal side of things and it’s interesting to hear their takes on it.

I had a chance to jump in on either side of that fence awhile back. I wanted to but Stacy wanted no part of it.

I had an opportunity as well. Started on the legal side that is now illegal. Back then you could legally grow "x" amount and sell to dispensaries. Well now he grows 3-4 times the legal amount. They are hoping the laws change in their direction, so it will be legal again. I told him that he would just exceed that quantity as well. He said probably. He has boxes of cash that he cannot deposit in the bank.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Looks like Oregon is having a similar issue.