WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Antique barber chair

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Emil Paidar antique barber chair, needs full restoration. Cream and chrome ceramic base. Guessing 1940's vintage. Disassembled but would look like the picture below. I'm assuming all the parts are there but can't be absolutely sure. Was going to refurbish it and use as a chair in the Havasu game room but I've been tripping over it for seven or so years and know I'll never get around to it. $100.00 , located in Huntington Beach.

Edit : A member came and looked at it, found a bracket missing on the mechanism that is operated by the handle at the base.

Paidar_Chair.jpg

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Approximately how many pieces is it in?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Maybe 10 or so. Some sections are loosely bolted together with adjoining sections. The chromed parts aren't much worse than the picture, the upholstered parts look like wolves fought over them The ceramic base just needs to be washed.

braindead

Reaction score
How heavy is it?
could one guy lift the pieces on his own?

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Try Daryl the owner at "In the game" barber shop in huntington beach on warner ave a call. He has a handful of old chairs, maybe he could use another. Plus he's local. I just dont know if you can get ahold of him with corona shutting him down and all.

Reactions: Maw

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
One of my old roommates had 2 of them. They were set up in the garage. They were heavy as hell as I remember.

Sent From Tapatalk

braindead

Reaction score
Emil Paidar antique barber chair, needs full restoration. Cream and chrome ceramic base. Guessing 1940's vintage. Disassembled but would look like the picture below. I'm assuming all the parts are there but can't be absolutely sure. Was going to refurbish it and use as a chair in the Havasu game room but I've been tripping over it for seven or so years and know I'll never get around to it. $100.00 , located in Huntington Beach.

Edit : A member came and looked at it, found a bracket missing on the mechanism that is operated by the handle at the base.

View attachment 957574

is it still available?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
is it still available?

Yes it is, it's pretty much broken down so it's easy to lift. If you PM me your cell phone number or an email address I can take a few pics and send them to you.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Since I couldn't give it away I decided to restore the chair. It now sets in the game room at the Havasu house. Turned out all parts were there once we knew what we were looking for. Just have the headrest to finish off and install.

IMG_2925.jpg

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Will you still take the $100 for it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Turned out awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asa400ex

Reaction score
Since I couldn't give it away I decided to restore the chair. It now sets in the game room at the Havasu house. Turned out all parts were there once we knew what we were looking for. Just have the headrest to finish off and install.

View attachment 1045803

Where did you take it to get restored? I have one that looks just like that. I need to do something with the one I have.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Where did you take it to get restored? I have one that looks just like that. I need to do something with the one I have.

Just broke it down and sent the parts out to the three local shops listed below. I use all three on a regular basis.

I had to laminate up 3/16" thick sheets of plywood with West Systems epoxy to get the curves I wanted in the wood before upholstery. T-nuts and bolts installed instead of just screws like the original manufacture. Used stainless hardware and polished all the screw/bolt heads so they would match the chromed parts.

New Line Upholstery in Huntington Beach, Jesse.
Plating Plus in Anaheim, John - He worked miracles on the old pitted steel.
Primo Powder Coating in Huntington Beach, Dan