WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

any AAA agents on here so cali

MOUZER

Reaction score
wanna switch after 20 yrs with statefarm 3 cars and house

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Do you have any family that are/were in the military??
have you checked out USAA if you do?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Do you have any family that are/were in the military??
have you checked out USAA if you do?
I have been warned that they are terrible to deal with if you ever have an incident. I have received this warning from multiple independent people. I was looking to do the same thing.

Singleton

Reaction score
wanna switch after 20 yrs with statefarm 3 cars and house

Why you leaving? Been with SF for over 25 years and can’t beat the customer service. Just had an accident towing my ToyHauler. 5k in repairs on the trailer, 12k on the truck. Just talked to agent and received confirmation that both are not chargeable so no increase in rates. Could not be happier with the service.

KevinR

Reaction score
I have been warned that they are terrible to deal with if you ever have an incident. I have received this warning from multiple independent people. I was looking to do the same thing.

Our family has had probably 20 different cars on USAA between my wife and four adult kids. I'd say 10 or so claims. Never felt frustrated with them. Always treated fairly.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Been with AAA forever. They will rape you on your homeowners insurance. We only stay with them because we have had it so long, our longevity discount is huge.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

They are AWESOME for car claims. Have always been very responsive and very fair. I have never had a homeowners claim.

MOUZER

Reaction score
Why you leaving? Been with SF for over 25 years and can’t beat the customer service. Just had an accident towing my ToyHauler. 5k in repairs on the trailer, 12k on the truck. Just talked to agent and received confirmation that both are not chargeable so no increase in rates. Could not be happier with the service.
they just asked us to give them double for this month so we will be a month ahead ...my sister got the same letter

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Been with AAA forever. They will rape you on your homeowners insurance. We only stay with them because we have had it so long, our longevity discount is huge.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My car insurance is cheap now because I have been with them awhile. However I noticed that my homeowners is expensive too. I Cut the vacation house insurance bill in half by going with Liberty Mutual for slightly better coverage. I'll be doing the same with other properties as they come due.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

I guess there are always some bad experiences. In our 20 plus years with them we have had to make home and auto claims. Very responsive and fair. Never had any issues. It might worth a phone call at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
AAA's home rates are what keep them in the game and are typically very competitive.... They have guaranteed replacement and that's hard to find these days.

Everyone is implementing rate increases. biggest thing is make sure you are comparing Apples/Apples when you call around.

No such thing as a longevity discount any longer in California. Department of insurance made all insurers bleed it off because it's not fair to people here that can't afford to have continuous coverage:rolleyes:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
AAA's home rates are what keep them in the game and are typically very competitive.... They have guaranteed replacement and that's hard to find these days.

Everyone is implementing rate increases. biggest thing is make sure you are comparing Apples/Apples when you call around.

No such thing as a longevity discount any longer in California. Department of insurance made all insurers bleed it off because it's not fair to people here that can't afford to have continuous coverage:rolleyes:

Gotta love big hurricanes! Cost us 4.6B

Riverbottom

Reaction score
State Farm and Auto Club are the best. Stay away from the rest. USAA is awful to deal with regarding claims, they mandate used or aftermarket replacement parts on auto claims. It is written into there policy, and very few insured's really read their policy. What you save on comp and collision coverage really is not worth it. I have been dealing with all the major carriers, and do lots of work for USAA. Been in the collision repair business for 33 years, and know how all the companies work.

rvrrun

Reaction score
They've been a dream every time I've had trouble.

Singleton

Reaction score
they just asked us to give them double for this month so we will be a month ahead ...my sister got the same letter

Wow that is crazy. I pay quarterly, just easier for me with all the policies I have.

DLC

Reaction score
We have AAA, SoCal and also AZ. This is all due to Ray! He was my wife’s friends husband, older guy left a candle going when he left for work one day and he burned half of his house down killed 3 of his 4 dogs! He had such a nice experience dealing with AAA, the customer service he received was just plain ol AWESOME ! He would tell the story and be in tears saying how he forgot about the candleand now he killed his family members (dogs ) and then say how AAA was fabulous. AAA put him in a rental house that was comparable to his own home.. he didn’t have to fight or argue for anything. They rebuilt his home as good as new...

When you need it most and when it’s all on the line, I sure don’t want to think about how much I saved all the other years... I want to know who and what I’m paying for is going to be there for me!

So ol Ray had to come up with a list of EVERYTHING he had, that needed to be replaced....

How many tighty whities
How many 13 milimeter sockets
How many flat and Phillips head screw drivers
How many cans of refined beans in the pantry

Etc etc

Every few years I take a quick vid of everything in the house, closets, drawers, cabinets, kitchen and garage & tools. Just for a refresher in case I need it

So in AZ my agent said I could get a discount if I had an auto with my home owners policy, so I reg jeep in AZ (05 jeep Rubi LJ ) and I got a discount but I pay about the same amount as before with my auto and Home policy...

Think about what your paying for and what your going to get out of it IF you ever need to use it!

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Had AAA on the home and auto .
Then they got stupid expensive on every thing . So their gone now with 21century for auto ,statefarm for the house .

Little Mr.C

Reaction score
I will never go with statefarm again screwed me out of a bunch of money. Switched to progressive and now USSA. Minor complaints without progressive but can’t beat USSA. WOULD Reccomend them to anyone who can use them. Plus all my rates were far cheaper for the same coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have everything insured through AAA and have been extremely happy with them