WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Disney Collectors?

X Hoser

Reaction score
I have 5 or 6 sets of these. I bought them new in the mid 90’s from the Disney Store. Unopened, perfect condition if that matters? VHS Video, Lithograph, (Think that is what they are), and watch, matching set. Sold as sets at the time. Worth anything or should I just pass them on to the grandkids?

tempImagepXJmgd.jpg

tempImagegM4Nr2.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageKrF5EW.png
    tempImageKrF5EW.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Some of those VHS tapes from back when are fetching serious money. I would look into that first.
Especially since you have them in sets.

just sayin'

X Hoser

Reaction score
I’ve seen a few of these sites, including e-Bay, and the prices are all over the place. Is anyone really selling them for those prices? That one doesn’t appear to have the print or watch? I think I’ll email her and see if she is a buyer also? Thanks

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I was blown away. After I gave all mine from way back just to goodwill to find out what some where going for.
That's why i said just do a little more research. you never know.

fmo24

Reaction score
Here in Florida Disney freaks abound lol.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Seems like anything Disney is collectable. A cousin of my wife is a Disney fanatic(more like freak).
We stayed the night at her place and quite honestly it was creepy AF.
I have had friends like that also. Unfortunately they have passed away or I know they would be interested in these. They’ve been in a tote on the top shelf of the closet for over 25 years!

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
My wife had one of those Aladdin VHS tapes. The video quality didn’t hold up worth a damn and it was never stored outside (garage/storage unit). Junked it a couple years ago.

I’m sure a Disney collector doesn’t care about functionality of VHS tape. Good luck!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My wife used to collect that stuff for our daughter back in the 80's - 90's. Gonna have to see where that shit is...I need a boat. 😁

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have 5 or 6 sets of these. I bought them new in the mid 90’s from the Disney Store. Unopened, perfect condition if that matters? VHS Video, Lithograph, (Think that is what they are), and watch, matching set. Sold as sets at the time. Worth anything or should I just pass them on to the grandkids?

View attachment 1053688
View attachment 1053697
Sell them I am finding out kids and grandkids don't seem to want any of the stuff we saved.

X Hoser

Reaction score
My wife had one of those Aladdin VHS tapes. The video quality didn’t hold up worth a damn and it was never stored outside (garage/storage unit). Junked it a couple years ago.

I’m sure a Disney collector doesn’t care about functionality of VHS tape. Good luck!
We also have ones that were opened and played for our kids. Probably 15-20 of them. Prints and watches for some of them also but obviously the tapes have been opened and played. They still play perfectly for the grandkids.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Sell them I am finding out kids and grandkids don't seem to want any of the stuff we saved.
I hear ya! We have an old set-tea, couch and rocker. My daughter would have been the 5th generation to receive it. Nope, no interest! Her daughter, 6th generation says she will “think about it”. Says maybe if we re-upholster it first. LOL!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
There’s no right answer.

If I keep shit like this, it’s sure to be worthless.

If I toss shit like this, it’ll be valuable/collectible in a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
There’s no right answer.

Yep, that's the way I will be with my wrist watches since I don't have Rolex, everything else will tank and for some reason triple MSRP is the new path forward for used Rolex. My Jack Daniels collection believe it or not is doing quite well valuation wise. Everything else I collect is purely for me and I take a bath money wise.

fmo24

Reaction score
Yep, that's the way I will be with my wrist watches since I don't have Rolex, everything else will tank and for some reason triple MSRP is the new path forward for used Rolex. My Jack Daniels collection believe it or not is doing quite well valuation wise. Everything else I collect is purely for me and I take a bath money wise.
Photos of your bar are awesome. Fuck collector value. We sold our house fully furnished and walked away. Books on the shelf and art on the walls. Live life and love what you have.

calkid

Reaction score
We still have the original Penis Edition of the Little Mermaid. Guess I'm gonna have to dig out the box and see what else is in there. There has to be 30 or so Disney movie's in there.

X Hoser

Reaction score
There’s no right answer.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve got boxes full of newspaper front pages, dating back to the Kennedy assassination. Every major news event since then, up until about 10 years ago I believe. Wanted to get rid of them. Went to 4 different libraries and offered to Donate them to them….no thanks, people can go online and see them!