WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Ebay sellers here? New system sucks balls

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That blows. I was going to start cleaning out so stuff . So I have to pay them so I can sell stuff before I sell it.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
'splain me more. I sold something two weeks ago and just got the invoice for fees. The sale balance (minus PayPal fees) was in that account immediately like always. New for March?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I actually stopped last month when they kept requesting SSN for anyone who has sold over I think 20k or something like that. I have sold around 90k on there since 2010. I'm definitely not anywhere near a big customer, but if enough of little guys like me stop using it, they will suffer. Even the big guys take a fall.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Sucks as I have a PayPal business debit card and I would just pull cash out of an atm the second something sold. Now I gotta wait days for a bank transfer? Dumb.

dspracing

Reaction score
Yup, the eBay payout system is a real bummer. Every few weeks I get an email that the transfer to my Chase account has failed.

Unlike Paypal, if anyone sends any kind of message about the item you sold, they put on a freeze on that amount of money until they deem it resolved.

Also, I get no notification when a payout is sent. At least with Shopify they send me a notice.

wash11

Reaction score
I've got a storage container full of collectible shit I was planning on listing. Is there a better alternative to ebay these days?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I've got a storage container full of collectible shit I was planning on listing. Is there a better alternative to ebay these days?

good luck with Craigslist and even worse... Facebook marketplace.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I use ebay occasionally, but tbh the site has been stagnant and shitty for probably 10 years minimum, maybe 15, when they changed the listing fee schedule and then amazon prime came out. Literally no updates to the site's infrastructure, it navigates like a hodge podge mess of years of bad housekeeping. That says a lot about their priorities.