WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any experience with a garage door device/app to alarm it's open?

SHEP

Reaction score
Looking to get a device that alerts me my garage door is open. Do I need a whole need opener? Seems there are a few applications that'll work but not sure how well. Went to start some laundry this morning around 11am and the door was open. I checked it right before i went to bed last night so not sure when it opened. Could've been a fluke thing but made me think that I'll be stressed about it when I am in Havasu for a few days or longer.

I could disconnect it for those long trips but doesn't solve when I go to work or if someone tries to open it in the middle of the night.

Thanks,
SHEP

Daudioexpert

Reaction score
I’ve installed many for clients and friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bought a WiFi garage door opener on Amazon. I use the TuyaSmart app to control it and the app does do alerting and logging. You can also port control to an Alexa or Google Assistant.

My garage door opener was not compatible with Q and some of the other modern devices, so this was an easier and cheaper solution.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I don’t have the app that you are looking for. But I do have a camera pointed at my garage doors from inside my garage that I can check on my phone from anywhere Just in case.

Spitfire

Reaction score
I used a product called. MY Q. It was about 30.00 on Amazon. Allows 4 phones to be hooked up to it to operate, open/close remotely and can be set up with alerts.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
This above!! I recently had these lift masters installed and they work great. Has an alarm and you can remotely open and close your garage doors. For me, the best part is not needing additional remotes, if I take the SxS out, I don’t need a remote.

Spitfire

Reaction score
Yes, have 4 kids so 6cars not all with homelink. They have on phones and works great as well as being able to let someone in the house if you aren't there

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yup, MyQ.
Super nice having the ability to open/close from anywhere in the world with wifi.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My q
0F9E446F-0FBF-4A59-A3FA-2FC4BE48C94C.png

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I too have the My Q and I have a Wyze cam.

Cam gives alerts when there is motion in the garage.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Another for MyQ. Not only is is great for remote opening and closing, or even right there in front of it, but with the tall RV doors you can open it on the way back from the ramp sooner than the remote can so you aren't waiting. But even better, when you hit the button on the remote and drive away but something blows across the sensor or something and it doesn't close, you'll get an alert to your phone, so not only will your door not stand open all day you don't have to turn around and go back, just close it from the app.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Our Craftsman opener has the feature through an App

rampster

Reaction score
Yet another fan for MyQ it works, I have it on 4 RV Doors.

C-2

Reaction score
Late to the party here but MyQ too, it came free with a Craftsman opener.

C-2

Reaction score
Edit, I never payed much attention to the alerts, but I just set them up. Thanks guys!

DanG

Reaction score
Yep. MY Q from Chamberlin. Easy to hook up to just about any manufacturer door opener. I have mine set with notifications when left open an hour and auto close at 10PM in case it gets left open...The struggles of having a young adult son that likes to work on cars and such but has ADD and forgets to close the garage.

I also use it for amazon to deliver packages inside the garage. Since I have a camera system, I’m comfortable with that.
IMG_2632.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My app works great for this.

The name is longish, but it's called "I check the garage door every night before I go to bed".

I'm not sure where I got it. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent From Tapatalk