WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Ford Raptor owners go to Assult driving school?

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I’m scheduled to go next month. Was originally pretty excited to go, now learned you have to share the driving time. Having 2nd thoughts on going all the way to Utah for this. Is it worth going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
My good freind did it and we live right where they do it. He spoke positive about it, said it's pretty impressive what they can do, he also has a 92K Jeep. Guy is hard to please.

JD D05

Reaction score
The part that got my attention is he did it with a guy from Georgia. After it was all done the guy from Georgia asked him how much it would cost to do it again. My buddy sort of shook his head and asked what he meant... Apparently in Georgia it's all private and you have to know a guy or pay etc. Buddy says free dude....blew his mind. Cool and scary

Reactions: DWC

JD D05

Reaction score
Worst case you get to party with me lol. Assuming it's the same spot.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
The part that got my attention is he did it with a guy from Georgia. After it was all done the guy from Georgia asked him how much it would cost to do it again. My buddy sort of shook his head and asked what he meant... Apparently in Georgia it's all private and you have to know a guy or pay etc. Buddy says free dude....blew his mind. Cool and scary

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what your saying about the friend doing it for free? He did the entire driving school again for free?

JD D05

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what your saying about the friend doing it for free? He did the entire driving school again for free?

No just to run the area again not the class etc. He didn't realize he could just go do it anytime he wanted to.

Pretty fucked up hope that makes sense.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
No just to run the area again not the class etc. He didn't realize he could just go do it anytime he wanted to.

Pretty fucked up hope that makes sense.

Ah. Got ga [emoji106]

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Lack of open land to wheel on is one of the worst parts about the south. Land is all privately owned.

This is close to my house but it’s nothing compared to the open desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If you've wheeled in your Raptor (and you have off road experience) I'd pass on it based on what I've heard about it.

If you're new to off roading or new to off roading in a full-size pickup truck then I'd consider going if it's convenient

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Think I’m going to bail on going to this. Looks fun, just don’t have the time to get up there.
Think it’s set up for June 21st.

If anyone wants the day at driving school. Think I can transfer it to a “relative”

Shoot me a PM if you’d like to go.....

Maybe I’ll go next time when the new R comes out [emoji3]

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I went to the ST Octane Academy and it was a blast. Made a long weekend out of it with the wife and drove my Focus ST to Utah from Fresno. I wanted to know the limits of the car. Definitely worth it for me.

if you know the Raptor well and it’s capabilities, the event probably won’t be super beneficial.

In the case of the Focus ST, it was pretty damn cool of Ford to include the ST Octane Academy in a low dollar car price (compared to the Mustang GT350 and Raptor MSRP).