WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any golf cart knowledgeable members here ??

Not So Fast

Reaction score
My cart is an EZGO RXV 48V electric 2009 in very good shape. Lately Ive been having trouble with it not moving when I put it in forward or reverse (fairly new Trojan Batt and kept clean and charged), if i wait a few minutes it then goes as it should ?? The controller ?? apparemtly has been hot rodded becuase it will go right at 29mph and I love it lol, a little scary at that speed thou.
I surely dont want to take it to our local (Havasu) golf cart reapir shop as they are quite pricey so any advice from the cart gurus here that I might do myself ??
NSF
IMG_4835.JPG

getch

Reaction score
From my understanding RXV's are tricky. Quick little search says to make sure the pedal isn't obstructed with the floor mat or dirt, and can fully go back to 0% throttle for a self test when you key it on.

TCHB

Reaction score
I had 2 RVX carts and loved them. We had a similar problem and found out a few of the control wires had bad connections because of the acid corrosion. The EZ Go dealer in Havasu fixed it and we never had another problem. Note when the batteries gas when Being charged the acid gets to places toy would never think. I would always leave the seat up while charging.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
From my understanding RXV's are tricky. Quick little search says to make sure the pedal isn't obstructed with the floor mat or dirt, and can fully go back to 0% throttle for a self test when you key it on.
When I was a superintendent at a golf course we got one of the 1st fleets of these what a pain in the ass!

Even with just the smallest amount of grass or debris in the accelerator area it will cause the cart to not move.

But with that said never move from forward or reverse with your foot on or near the pedal!

Can’t tell you how many times we had to say that to golfers when they’d call and say their cart died!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Some great suggestions already here.
Definitely check to make sure gas pedal is returning to 0. Usually the controller isn't the problem. Also check wiring on top of motor & the connection to your brake, looks like a large silver hockey puck.
I've been outta the cart business for a few years & I wasn't that qualified when I was in it........

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
As said RXV's are very sensitive. If you have the stock controller in it , then you have danaher and not the curtis (Changed in 2011??). Curtis is more programable but also more sensitive. Just keep that in mind when you're messing around with the wires.

There is a throttle position sensor under the pedal that may be bad. I would also poke around on buggies gone wild. There's a few mad scientist over there with the RXV's

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
I do know the whole keep your foot away from pedal while turning on. If it even knows your thinking about moving it doesn’t. Lol. Mine kinda has always done the same thing.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Ill check out what was suggested
NSF

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Did anyone try one of these? Wondering how to maintain the batteries in the off-season. I'm curious if I can split three legs between two batteries for each leg.
https://no.co/genius2x4

Rather than run four batteries at 6 volts, Run two batteries at 12 volts x 3

I have one of these two-leg versions mounted in my SXS and hard-wired. I plug in the UTV when parked.

Reactions: DLC