WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Good RV Covers

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I just bought a nice garage kept toy hauler, unfortunately I can't keep it in a garage but I do want to keep it looking good. Are there any good RV covers available....I mean like really good? I have read every review I can find on many different brands so looking for some input from guys that actually have one they would recommend. I've seen some good reviews on Adco Tyvek covers, any experience with those?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I have an Adco. I replace it every couple years. It’s cheap enough to do that. Keeps it looking good. Not as good as when I had it indoors but good. It’s gonna tear so just get one that you can replace.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I also use an Adco. The factory is in Santa Clarita, CA and you can buy factory direct. Youll find the best price if you shop for it on the internet.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I also use an Adco. The factory is in Santa Clarita, CA and you can buy factory direct. Youll find the best price if you shop for it on the internet.
👆 I called ADCO direct and had them custom make an RV cover for my class C after the monsoon wind and AZ heat ripped the off the shelf cover in eight months. ADCO prorated the warranty replacement cost of the first one and added 600.00 dollars to my custom cover order which is 100% perforated roof material. The new cover is all white. It took about 30 days to sew and ship to my home. I could not be happier three years later.
4DC642EF-C881-4DD0-890C-1801C38BB156.jpeg

Mikes56

Reaction score
👆 I called ADCO direct and had them custom make an RV cover for my class C after the monsoon wind and AZ heat ripped the off the shelf cover in eight months. ADCO prorated the warranty replacement cost of the first one and added 600.00 dollars to my custom cover order which is 100% perforated roof material. The new cover is all white. It took about 30 days to sew and ship to my home. I could not be happier three years later.
View attachment 1031589
I’ve heard that’s the best way for them to make a cover. They offered that to me the last time I bought one, but I didnt want to spend $800 for another cover. I may have to soon, mine is falling apart and will completely tear when I take it off for my next trip.

Kbach

Reaction score
Calmark covers in Oxnard makes good covers. Made out of Sunbrella and a little pricey at first but with how long they last I think it’s definitely worth it to pay a little more upfront.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Calmark covers in Oxnard makes good covers. Made out of Sunbrella and a little pricey at first but with how long they last I think it’s definitely worth it to pay a little more upfront.

thanks, I'll have to check them out.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
View attachment 1031589

Do you just give them the RV manufacturer or do you have to give them measurements?

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Be aware total nightmare to put on and take off if your using your RV a bunch. Great if your using on a seasonal basis.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Another Adco advocate.... I've tried a couple of the" reasonably priced" covers and Adco is by far the best..... plan on 2 years but they do have a 3 year warranty which if and when approved they will replace your cover 1 time only....

I had one where a couple of seams unraveled. I hand sewed and repaired a few times and the following year filed a claim. They honored my claim and I picked up a new cover.

Good folks there

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Be aware total nightmare to put on and take off if your using your RV a bunch. Great if your using on a seasonal basis.

It definitely can be.. Gotta plan on little or no wind... fold and roll it up while on the roof.

I use a couple of bungees and strap it together while rolled up and drop it over the side.... To install, I run a nylon strap around it take a rope up to the roof and hoist it up the side of the rv onto the roof... Took a few years to simplify the process....

The nightmare for me is walking around on the rooftop.... I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees

DLC

Reaction score
Your best bet is to make a shade structure, even if you use a shade cloth. Pull in and park it…

Taking it on /off is hard on the cover. I turned quick and then stepped on my solar panel, breaking it. I used a big ladder to get on /off the roof rather than the RV ladder As it’s easier to carry up a huge ass sleeping bag type rolled cover.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I’ve heard that’s the best way for them to make a cover. They offered that to me the last time I bought one, but I didnt want to spend $800 for another cover. I may have to soon, mine is falling apart and will completely tear when I take it off for my next trip.
To me, it was worth the extra money if you store the RV outside. This material is breathable and durable, but as stated, not cheap.
Do you just give them the RV manufacturer or do you have to give them measurements?
I asked them to duplicate the generic cover I purchased through Amazon and only added a few new dimensions for the zippers to open a little closer to the RV entry door. When they make your cover you provide the dimensions.

ATKpilot

Reaction score

I got a quote from them yesterday, they said $1,472.00 which is not as bad as I thought it was going to be considering the material and it's custom made.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
It definitely can be.. Gotta plan on little or no wind... fold and roll it up while on the roof.

I use a couple of bungees and strap it together while rolled up and drop it over the side.... To install, I run a nylon strap around it take a rope up to the roof and hoist it up the side of the rv onto the roof... Took a few years to simplify the process....

The nightmare for me is walking around on the rooftop.... I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees

This exactly, I hate getting on the roof of RV's plus I'll be doing it by myself most of the time. I am trying to think of a way of putting it on without getting on the roof but I don't think that is going to happen.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yep! We use our Toyhauler 2-3 times per month so using an RV Cover was out of the question. We opted to have it Ceramic Coated instead

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
Be careful with RV Covers. People will say I'm wrong but two of my friends used them and it gets so hot underneath the cover (even with perforated) that the walls started to separate because the glue was like melting. This was with adco covers. They were in California so it wasn't insanely hot either

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I had this discussion with my mother-in-law recently when she bought her new to her trailer. She bought a cover as well. I told her that she wont end up using the RV or the cover very frequently at all since its such a PITA to take on and off. There will be occasions where she will decide against taking it if it is covered still and over times where the cover wont go on for weeks cause it is such a PITA to put on. Every person that I know that has bought a cover, has only used MAYBE once or twice before tossing it.