WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any heavy drinkers here? I recommend...

riverroyal

Reaction score
These. They didnt fuck around on strenght. Cost co has a variety pack.
I highly recommend

Or.....pARTi oNa GarrTh
16322766539841463884901998242590.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I finished a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof at 127proof. Does that count?

I just finished my pinhook rye that was at 119. The Pinhook bourbon that is open is at 113. Surprisingly, the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Barrel Proof, is in the lead on my shelf at 131.5, and is even more suprisingly quite pleasant. I dig the high proof stuff in most labels.

MOUZER

Reaction score
i was a bouncer back in 84/85 jack and coke atleast 10 a nite thurs fri sat night for 2 yrs now at 61 yrs old its margies blue agavi only........once a month.

poncho

Reaction score
Sh*t no bargains on my Keystones 😍
Back in the 80's took a friend boating on a Saturday and he drank Henry Weinhards all day from my cooler, Wife was out of town so I said lets do it again tomorrow.
Next day he's standing on the dock with a 12 pack of Keystone light in his hand, threw it in reverse before he could get on and said head your ass back to the store.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
watch out for that Kirkland rum costco sells, holly mother that snit will sneak up on you 🥴

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I just finished my pinhook rye that was at 119. The Pinhook bourbon that is open is at 113. Surprisingly, the Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Barrel Proof, is in the lead on my shelf at 131.5, and is even more suprisingly quite pleasant. I dig the high proof stuff in most labels.

I'll finish off my single barrel /barrel proof Jack tonight at 133 i believe. I have been really surprised about this Jack as typically not a Jack fan.

As for Pinhook still not a fan, but did see the new 5yr straight rye single barrel at 110.9 (vertical series)

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Jack Daniels home town punch. those things could mess you up

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have recently determined that a Moscow Mule is appropriately named. It has a kick that your not expecting.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Picked this up the other day. Haven’t tried yet

Attachments

• 3974D1D2-8C7F-4B8D-AD40-4F5BCA6C1C2A.jpeg
    3974D1D2-8C7F-4B8D-AD40-4F5BCA6C1C2A.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm not much of a drinker other than whisky or beer..... Its fascinating how someone's pallet is completely different.

Scotch for me is a no way, the smoked peat flavor is overwhelming and i have to chew it down.

tequila, little better just not straight for me. Only time drinking it straight is when arriving in mexico to kill the bacteria your are about to consume.

Vodka, very durable no flavor. Vodka tonics was my jam for many many years. Never tanqueray , tastes like a Christmas tree.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Back in the 80's took a friend boating on a Saturday and he drank Henry Weinhards all day from my cooler, Wife was out of town so I said lets do it again tomorrow.
Next day he's standing on the dock with a 12 pack of Keystone light in his hand, threw it in reverse before he could get on and said head your ass back to the store.
The Claim is that the water Coors uses for Coors is upstream of the "facilities , but Kestone is down stream LOL , I just like it its kinda like Soda water with beer "essence"

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Did I miss it when the Question, Any Heavy Drinkers and No Mention of RD?

poncho

Reaction score
The Claim is that the water Coors uses for Coors is upstream of the "facilities , but Kestone is down stream LOL , I just like it its kinda like Soda water with beer "essence"
One of the guy's at the marina I use say's the same thing, whatever he drank before he said he had to quit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
i was a bouncer back in 84/85 jack and coke atleast 10 a nite thurs fri sat night for 2 yrs now at 61 yrs old its margies blue agavi only........once a month.
I bounced in 80/ 81..... greyhounds got me through nights.

riverroyal

Reaction score
heavy drinkers... posts up 20% alcohol mai tai. cmon man... do you stick an umbrella in it too?
Ha. Good point. The old fashion in the kit was good.
Its a his and hers costco purchase.

WYRD

Reaction score
I'm not much of a drinker other than whisky or beer..... Its fascinating how someone's pallet is completely different.

Scotch for me is a no way, the smoked peat flavor is overwhelming and i have to chew it down.

tequila, little better just not straight for me. Only time drinking it straight is when arriving in mexico to kill the bacteria your are about to consume.

Vodka, very durable no flavor. Vodka tonics was my jam for many many years. Never tanqueray , tastes like a Christmas tree.
Beer, aged scotch, and a little embarrassed but truly lemonade lately 🍺 🥃🍹

WYRD

Reaction score
YOU are drinking the wrong tequila..... some tequila is amazing straight up............. I normally still spell it toKILLya the next morning.
Don Roberto chilled, salt rim over rocks with a squeeze of lemon😍🤪😜😝🥴🤤😵😴

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I'll finish off my single barrel /barrel proof Jack tonight at 133 i believe. I have been really surprised about this Jack as typically not a Jack fan.

As for Pinhook still not a fan, but did see the new 5yr straight rye single barrel at 110.9 (vertical series)

I haven't opened my vertical series yet on the rye, I have the 4 year and 5 year and need an excuse to do "a study" and compare the two one night. The interesting thing as well, which might not bode well for you, is the barrels the vertical series is coming from are the same ones that gave us the initial rye as well as the high proof, so other variants of the same batch, let's see what father time and some wood has done and whether you enjoy the verticals after a bit more time in the barrel from the rye high proof on the "rye humor" distillation.