WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any ideas for a new side hustle / job?

C-2

Reaction score
Between budget cuts and a drop-off in work, wifey and I are down about $2K/month. Both of us are thankful for continued employment, but I want to supplement our income lost due to the pandemic.

I worked as a private investigator for the past 30-years, but now I work for the State, which occupies my regular office hours. I still enjoy research, but I've concluded the investigation business is mostly gone, or is no longer profitable (I'm not looking for that type of work).

Thus, I need a new part-time gig I can work after-hours and on the weekends.

Do you know anybody who has a niche, side business that earns them a few extra bucks, and can share what they do?

I'm leaning towards starting a SEO/internet marketing type side business. But, selling something online would also be good and less stressful, but what?

Ideas, ideas, ideas? What would you do to make extra money if you had the time, or need?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Educating kids during this PLANDEMIC...

My wife lost here job and we have a few friends that need some help with their kids as they both still work. Since our kids are in the same class, my wife offered to watch them and handle all of the distant learning stuff. Its great for my wife as she originally went to school and wanted to be a teacher. They are also paying her on the side for the help, which all helps out.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Between budget cuts and a drop-off in work, wifey and I are down about $2K/month. Both of us are thankful for continued employment, but I want to supplement our income lost due to the pandemic.

I worked as a private investigator for the past 30-years, but now I work for the State, which occupies my regular office hours. I still enjoy research, but I've concluded the investigation business is mostly gone, or is no longer profitable (I'm not looking for that type of work).

Thus, I need a new part-time gig I can work after-hours and on the weekends.

Do you know anybody who has a niche, side business that earns them a few extra bucks, and can share what they do?

I'm leaning towards starting a SEO/internet marketing type side business. But, selling something online would also be good and less stressful, but what?

Ideas, ideas, ideas? What would you do to make extra money if you had the time, or need?
I have no experience using these sites but there are a couple of them out there for people looking to freelance and make some extra cash. Maybe worth checking out?

Freelancer.com

Upwork.com

Good luck brother.

D19

Reaction score
I think side gigs are going to be hard to come by because of what all the stupid Uber and Lyft drivers did for 1099 filers. They basically ruined other industries and their own because of their entitlement mentalities. Luckily I am exempt from the new law.

Add this "pandemic" to the equation and it only looks worse for side gigs.

DMF

Reaction score
Stuff like this works. Start a pool cleaning business. Get 20 houses. That’s one house you need to visit everyday of the week after work. At $80-$90 buck each, there is your 2 grand.
Unless, I am reading this wrong i do not see how this will work. Are you saying that people only have a pool guy clean their pools once a month for $80 - 90 per month?

C-2

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses thus far guys.

I will be gone from 5:15 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. everyday (right now I'm teleworking), so I need something home-based, after hours. I am not looking to replace my regular job with the State as I went back to college during evening hours just to get hired, and that was a 3-year process!

fmo24

Reaction score
How about online skip tracing for divorce atty

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Educating kids during this PLANDEMIC...

My wife lost here job and we have a few friends that need some help with their kids as they both still work. Since our kids are in the same class, my wife offered to watch them and handle all of the distant learning stuff. Its great for my wife as she originally went to school and wanted to be a teacher. They are also paying her on the side for the help, which all helps out.

I was thinking about something similar, training for teleworking. Consulting geared towards an end user for Zoom, MS Teams, Google Duo, WebEx etc calls/video conferencing. Something like $30-$40 for an hour of time to get somebody up and running.

C-2

Reaction score
I have no experience using these sites but there are a couple of them out there for people looking to freelance and make some extra cash. Maybe worth checking out?

Freelancer.com

Upwork.com

Good luck brother.

Becoming a copywriter for websites is also something I'm thinking about. Hard to compete with Fiverrr type services though.

Thanks!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Instacart. My wife uses them constantly. Usually $10-15 tip plus whatever instacart pays you. Close to $15hr With the tip included I bet.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Unless, I am reading this wrong i do not see how this will work. Are you saying that people only have a pool guy clean their pools once a month for $80 - 90 per month?

your correct, I didn’t say right. Need to hit it each week. It’s still so quick and easy if you can get all your houses in the same general area. You could hit 3 houses in an hour If they were close.

Reactions: DWC

C-2

Reaction score
How about online skip tracing for divorce atty

Thanks.

The problem is, most people can easily be found online for free. So whenever you get an assignment, the client does not want to pay anything.

I still have law firm and city and county attorney, and lender clients, but they also have the same expectations.

Even with all the personal info that is disseminated these days, it's not too hard to hide. Anybody can use free (multiple) Google phone numbers and Gmail addresses with complete anonymity. Using human resources (people, not the HR dept) is almost impossible since they no longer answer the phone and even if they do, they think/know they're being scammed.

As the economy tanks, I will get busier. But, it's a performance/results driven industry, and there's easier ways to make money - that's where I'm a dumbass - I never learned how, or where to make that money!

C-2

Reaction score
I think side gigs are going to be hard to come by because of what all the stupid Uber and Lyft drivers did for 1099 filers. They basically ruined other industries and their own because of their entitlement mentalities. Luckily I am exempt from the new law.

Add this "pandemic" to the equation and it only looks worse for side gigs.

Earlier this year you mentioned setting up what sounded like a loan mod company in anticipation of defaults/foreclosures. Are you still pursuing that angle? (No, I'm not asking to come onboard, but I am curious to hear your take on everything)

fmo24

Reaction score
Unlicensed Barber. No shit, I know some random people just doing VERY simple mens haircuts for $30 plus tips.
We full time in an rv and there is a snowbird that’s does haircuts for $10. Puts his sign out and guys line up. He says it’s his drinking money lol
Actually a very good barber.

MagicMan

Reaction score
With businesses being forced out of physical locations there is a growing demand for online commerce. A lot of these businesses don't know how to navigate social media, setting up websites, setting up virtual stores etc. Having someone facilitate this for a business would make for a good side hustle for someone with these skills.

Joker

Reaction score
How much to pull up the address of the nice hispanic gentleman who busted out our car window with a rock on Friday night. He was arrested so I have his name, age and city. Just looking to say hello.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is a twist on an idea I saw at a boat show.....

Buy a 3-d printer. Then sell the people on this site...... models of their boats. I would happily pay $500 to a $1000 for a perfect tabletop model of my boat. Where the finished product is 2 to 5 ft long. A perfect copy.

I see the Superyacht models at the boat shows and they look like works of art! Awesome detail. They are generally in glass cases. Very classy displays.

There are a multitude of items this type of business could go after. Not just boats. Let your imagination be your guide. Imagine a 3D printed electric guitar, 3 times it’s regular size, mounted to a wall..... as ART! Lots of music aficionados would love an item like that in their music room. Imagine the Hard Rock chain buying 300 in 1 shot. Would that keep you busy?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

Buy a 3-d printer. Then sell the people on this site...... models of their boats. I would happily pay $500 to a $1000 for a perfect tabletop model of my boat. Where the finished product is 2 to 5 ft long. A perfect copy.

I see the Superyacht models at the boat shows and they look like works of art! Awesome detail. They are generally in glass cases. Very classy displays.

There are a multitude of items this type of business could go after. Not just boats. Let your imagination be your guide. Imagine a 3D printed electric guitar, 3 times it’s regular size, mounted to a wall..... as ART! Lots of music aficionados would love an item like that in their music room. Imagine the Hard Rock chain buying 300 in 1 shot. Would that keep you busy?

This would go over big with the hot rod guys too (I would want a few made up). Off roading stuff too.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
your correct, I didn’t say right. Need to hit it each week. It’s still so quick and easy if you can get all your houses in the same general area. You could hit 3 houses in an hour If they were close.
Wouldn't the chem cost's take a good chunk out of that???????

gqchris

Reaction score
This is the golden question. Everyone wants a gig to work from home with minimal public interaction.

My dream is to live in the middle of nowhere in a ranch compound, with a business running that I have no interaction with the public needed and I can make a living. (Web based etc)
Its already too late in my 46 years of age I think to setup for this, as I should have planned this in my twenties and not been pissing away money to strippers and beers.

So I continue to inch along like everyone else.

mbrown2

Reaction score

There is already a guy in Italy on Facebook that will duplicate your boat. Search for Marquetas Lanchas Pagliettin.....I was going to have him do one of our boats... $280 for a 10", $340 in 13", $390 in 15", $450 in 17" ....They do great reproductions...

D19

Reaction score
Earlier this year you mentioned setting up what sounded like a loan mod company in anticipation of defaults/foreclosures. Are you still pursuing that angle? (No, I'm not asking to come onboard, but I am curious to hear your take on everything)

Yes. I've got a lot of that set up to launch when the time is right. I think the need for it is coming, I just don't know when.

traquer

Reaction score
SEO has been my main hustle for years now. Anyone can do it. If your English is great and you're detail oriented and willing to learn, you're good.

PM me if any questions

gqchris

Reaction score
What if I told you you could be your own boss????:D

images

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Arbonne or Herbalife....because my family members and friends that always hit me up for it are usually making a killing at it, just ask them.😂😂

stingray11

Reaction score
How are you going to vacuum out three swimming pools in an hour?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I actually was a “Hand Model “ for Stanley/ Irwin tools. Short term gig, was in s couple of commercials and a few adds. Made a few hundred dollars and got to all the tools that I used.

I also have been a hand model for some print work. Never solicited it, it came to me at random, and still does. Same sort of stuff, tool type work. Weird, I know.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
How are you going to vacuum out three swimming pools in an hour?

Thats hilarious! These guys never break out a vacuum. They drop 4 chlorine pucks, brush the pool sides, maybe check the water and their gone. Backwash maybe once a month. These guys are in and out in 10-15 minutes.

Hell I’ve owned a pool for 18 years and never even owned a pool vacuum.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
My son's baseball coach is killing it right now, $220 per kid, per month x roughly 45 kids....
2 hours in the eve. 3x per week.
Tournament this weekend, 12 kids × $175=$2100, minus $600 entry fee leaves: $1500...
Probably until they can play at school, Jan. as of now.
Can you coach any sports?
Run camps?
At Doheny today there was a surf camp and a volleyball camp, bunch of kids.
Parents are almost desperate to keep their serious athlete kids playing their sport...

Last edited:

stingray11

Reaction score
Thats hilarious! These guys never break out a vacuum. They drop 4 chlorine pucks, brush the pool sides, maybe check the water and their gone. Backwash maybe once a month. These guys are in and out in 10-15 minutes.

Hell I’ve owned a pool for 18 years and never even owned a pool vacuum.
No trees or insects or pets in that part of the world or what? I run my robot about every 3-4 days takes about two hours and two filters always got dirt in them.