WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any inmates (who can back a trailer or drive a boat) wanna be a boat bitch for a few hours at Havasu tomorrow?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Picking up my boat from Shane at Marine Specialties tomorrow, around 11ish. I’d like to take it for a water test/ joyride. My wife has to work and refuses to call off. All of my friends who can drive boats or back trailers have bullshit excuses. Don’t really want to launch alone. Anyone with boating experience (Havasu knowledge a plus) want to go for a hour or two ride at the lake? I’ve never boated Havasu and would like to while I’m there. Not a fancy boat... (21’ Tahoe). But would like to launch, (site 6? Or wherever..) and cruise the channel and lake for a bit. Someone with Havasu knowledge would be a bonus. Must be able to back the boat in or drive the boat while I launch. I’m coming from PHX, and can extend the trip for someone who knows the River. I need to be off the water by 3ish. Long shot I’m sure. Lol.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Lake Havasu marina on the island is real easy alone. Launch park on the dock tie off go park truck and go cruise, if you can’t find anyone to go.

gqchris

Reaction score
Lake Havasu marina on the island is real easy alone. Launch park on the dock tie off go park truck and go cruise, if you can’t find anyone to go.

Yup thats where I launch since my wife cant launch or drive boat. Which is OK with me. But the guys screaming st me to move my truck, now that shit almost gets me uncorked every time. I usually yell, the keys are in it. Go park it! I can only do so much one manned!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Still working this out. Maybe it’s where I launch, but launching by myself is a major PITA. Might be a personal problem. Love this site.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Yup thats where I launch since my wife cant launch or drive boat. Which is OK with me. But the guys screaming st me to move my truck, now that shit almost gets me uncorked every time. I usually yell, the keys are in it. Go park it! I can only do so much one manned!
You're kidding right???????

Socalx09

Reaction score
Only in Havasu have I experienced the launch ramp drama. Other places, no one yells at each other to hurry or get out of the way. People actual help first instead of getting their phone out to post online. It’s interesting lol!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I launch solo during the week when we're in town a lot..im at the ramp under 5 min at max. I had an elderly bitch in a ranger (green and black) pontoon cuss me out the week prior to desert storm...I called her as such. People are impatient...fuck em. I guess I was tied to the broken dock too long. (under 3 min).

I launch at Windsor.. north or south ramp depending on the wind. Go early and get off early..you won't have issues. Did it the entire week of SCFW without issue even with broken docks.

Only worse thing than launching solo is watching the drunks cuss their wives out trying to load their boat for them while they are too drunk to thread the needle...that shit sets me off.

dspracing

Reaction score

The one time I had to launch solo was at Havasu marina, probably the best place to do it. Coincidentally I ran into an inmate in a jet boat that was also launching solo.

nowski

Reaction score
The two easiest places to launch solo (imo) are Jack Smith and Park Moabi. These two places make it fast and efficient without holding up the launch area. I wish there was a launch at Havasu that's as easy as these two or is there???

BTW (what I've been told) to be an inmate you must be able to back down a trailer, operate a boat safely and add good content to the site. Optional: Provide inmates a good laugh to help get them through the day is a plus...

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

As long as you don’t leave your driver side door hanging open on the ramp, you are fine in my book.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The two easiest places to launch solo (imo) are Jack Smith and Park Moabi. These two places make it fast and efficient without holding up the launch area. I wish there was a launch at Havasu that's as easy as these two or is there???
The sand beach at Jack Smith is what makes it quick and easy.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
4 units on the river Saturday, starting at 6am Nearly all day.
Like a lake.
I'm in

Dan'l

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Only in Havasu have I experienced the launch ramp drama. Other places, no one yells at each other to hurry or get out of the way. People actual help first instead of getting their phone out to post online. It’s interesting lol!
You should come up to WA/OR where the Libtards are the majority. The launch drama is crazy. Bunch of people that don't know what they're doing, that actually think they do. A place where Gayliner is the dominant brand...

Tank

Reaction score
Wait a fucking minute!!!! Where were you guys when the boat full of broads needed a captain??
Noted.. a boat full of women and RDP Braintrust is a hard no. One on one with a dude and the RDP braintrust comes a flocking. 🤔

He'll need to see the drivers license, insurance, driving record, criminal record and give a breathalizer, DNA sample and piss test prior to backing boat down said ramp. For good measure, driver should be commercial endorsed and just incase he needs to help with the boat should have his commercial capt license. Now, who can help?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Launch it by yourself, I do it all the time with my 28. Use the marina, back off, tie up and get your truck, pretty simple.

Reactions: DWC

Springfield

Reaction score
He'll need to see the drivers license, insurance, driving record, criminal record and give a breathalizer, DNA sample and piss test prior to backing boat down said ramp. For good measure, driver should be commercial endorsed and just incase he needs to help with the boat should have his commercial capt license. Now, who can help?
What about a temp check for China Virus? 🤔

Spudsbud

Reaction score

BTW (what I've been told) to be an inmate you must be able to back down a trailer, operate a boat safely and add good content to the site. Optional: Provide inmates a good laugh to help get them through the day is a plus...

RDP Member qualifications.....
All above superceeded by pix of Hot wife or GF in bikini !

nowski

Reaction score
RDP Member qualifications.....
All above superceeded by pix of Hot wife or GF in bikini !

Hot wife or hot tamale??? Here you go she's 60 years old, all natural, no additives or plastic surgery, heart of Gold and knows how to drive a boat...

Attachments

• Hot tamale.JPG
    Hot tamale.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 194

DWC

Reaction score
I think it was more the “wife approval” that most were struggling with. ;)

Tank

Reaction score
I think it was more the “wife approval” that most were struggling with. ;)
Yeah, but everyone started bringing up liability and permits and license status and..... :rolleyes: 👎

DWC

Reaction score
Yeah, but everyone started bringing up liability and permits and license status and..... :rolleyes: 👎
I was pretty surprised that the RDP crew didn’t get it done. I was cracking up reading the thread when my wife asked what was going on. She said “you should do it, that would be fun”. Needless to say i passed that test!

Tank

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised that the RDP crew didn’t get it done. I was cracking up reading the thread when my wife asked what was going on. She said “you should do it, that would be fun”. Needless to say i passed that test!
I'm dyin! LOL

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I was attempting to launch solo down at Havasu Springs. Ramp was fairly busy so I was rushing. I started to close the truck door and realized I had forgotten something in the truck and stuck my hand in the door to catch it. The door wound up catching the tip of my finger and crushing it as it swung closed and latched. In pain I ripped my finger out of the door which tried to remove the top of my finger. Like an idiot, I washed my finger off in the water at the launch ramp. Thinking it looked pretty serious, I cancelled the launch, dropped the trailer in the parking lot and drove to La Paz Medical.

They wound up stitching my finger tip back to the rest of my finger, and then gave me like 4 antibiotic shots right through the webbing of my fingers on that hand. So painful. They had a good laugh at my expense when I told them I'd rinsed the blood off in the lake.

Anyway, moral of the story is, when launching solo, take your time and don't rush. You're the guy on the ramp, get what you need done and then clear the ramp when you are able. And don't worry about the idiots on the ramp or in the line giving you grief. I am always patient with those that don't handle the launch ramp as well as we usually do. Everyone is out there to have fun, don't need to ruin it by being a dick to them, even though some of them seem to think they have the right to do it to you.

Last edited:

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Well, the day was a success. Thanks to @MV Mike and @LHC30, we met at Havasu Marine Speciaties where I picked up my boat from being serviced (Shout out to @namba860- thanks for everything!) and hit Windsor. Did a lap of the lake, ran on the AZ side up to the mouth of the river, down the CA side all the way to the springs, and back up through the channel back to Windsor. Had a great time, and it was great to get to see all of the spots in person that i have been reading about all these years on RDP. To top it off, Mike gave me this:
E08DDC48-A732-439E-8AF5-15C7D6CAC174.jpeg

Thanks again to Mike and Ted for showing me around.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
The OP mentioned "Site 6" If you are new to the lake and the launches you should pass on that one.
I launched my 25' boat with my 35' rv at site six
EZ peezy
Did the same at Windsor
It's not a big deal launching a boat

Reactions: DWC

MV Mike

Reaction score
Good times.
Let me know if and or when you come back down ,and we'll run the Gorge to Havasu, or up to Laughln

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Good times.
Let me know if and or when you come back down ,and we'll run the Gorge to Havasu, or up to Laughln
If I hang onto the boat, I will definitely hit you up to explore the River north of Havasu, and check out your wacker bote. Thanks again!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’m just glad I didn’t get arrested by the RDP towing police, the Tacoma did a decent job towing the boat (5000 lbs give or take) but struggled a bit on the grades. Kept it in sport mode (4th gear) with ECT on and it did great at 70ish mph as long as I kept the RPM above 3k, truck needs more gear. Sure missed my Ram CTD... Had no issues chassis/ brake wise, just needed more gear or HP.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I’m just glad I didn’t get arrested by the RDP towing police, the Tacoma did a decent job towing the boat (5000 lbs give or take) but struggled a bit on the grades. Kept it in sport mode (4th gear) with ECT on and it did great at 70ish mph as long as I kept the RPM above 3k, truck needs more gear. Sure missed my Ram CTD... Had no issues chassis/ brake wise, just needed more gear or HP.

Bowtie I sent you a private message

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Glad to be able to help out. Nice boat, thanks for a great day on the lake. Hope to see you and the family next time you are in town.