WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any Kawasaki KRX owners here?

Rivrat

Reaction score
Just curious what people thought of these side by sides. Seem like a really stout car, come fairly set up, and they aren't super pricey. Thinking of picking one up 👍
krx 35s.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Awesome cars. They are the slowest 1000cc 2 seaters though. Great for rock crawling as they have a wet clutch

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My buddy is a Kawasaki factory mechanic and is driving one around this weekend in Havi.

I’ll ask for his review

PlanB

Reaction score
Supposed to be bulletproof.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Awesome cars. They are the slowest 1000cc 2 seaters though. Great for rock crawling as they have a wet clutch
This^^^^^.
I have been looking at them as well and most, 95%, seem to say they are great crawlers and have one of the best stock suspensions BUT they all say they are slow!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This^^^^^.
I have been looking at them as well and most, 95%, seem to say they are great crawlers and have one of the best stock suspensions BUT they all say they are slow!
Same story I've heard from more than 3 places. I'd assume you can make it faster, if you really need it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Had we not already purchased our Wildcat XX, we'd probably own one. We're not duners, we're mountain trail explorers with an occasional blast down a dirt road to plaster a shit-eaten grin on our faces. We've never seen where the speedo stops climbing with our 130HP, 1800 + lb beast and wouldn't be running at the 70 mph listed top speed of the 1900 lb. KRX either.
Sitting in it at the Havasu Kawi dealer we were impressed with the build, I really liked the forward vision, the seats were OK, but like always, I'm sure a trip to PRP would be a luxury upgrade --- I know they had one they were making seats for before I ever saw one on a showroom.
I really liked the old school hand emergency brake vs that dumb-ass park position everybody else has ditched the hand brake in favor of. Sucks balls when we can't stop and get out on a slope unless we jam a rock under a tire. :mad:

So yeah, if our Wildcat ever fails to meet our needs or we develop a case of "Can't Trust It- will never own another " like our last Polaris, then we'll be owning a KRX. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I like the looks. What’s slow? I never use all the power in the stock x3.

Slower than every other 1000cc 2 seater. A 7 year old RZR 1000 will beat you in a drag race.

If you are just tight trail riding and going 40 in washes, you probably will never feel a difference.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Is the 4 seater the same parts or different setup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is the 4 seater the same parts or different setup ?

No 4 seater available in this model, just the standard Teryx, which there are far more more capable 4 seaters for similar money.

CobraDave

Reaction score
No 4 seater available in this model, just the standard Teryx, which there are far more more capable 4 seaters for similar money.

Got it. I thought the Teryx for was just the 4 seater variant. Different model all together. I’m trying to decide what model would be good for us with a 15,000 budget.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Got it. I thought the Teryx for was just the 4 seater variant. Different model all together. I’m trying to decide what model would be good for us with a 15,000 budget.

RZR 1000 4 seater.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
I'm in old Bullhead hywy 95 and First St
Next to Fire Station #2
My partner and I just got it yesterday, and we have to break it in... should be ready by new year....I am out of town till around the 2nd of the New Year.
Ya gotta call Pete
Laughlin Off Road Rentals
928 201 0644
I just went around the block it seems really impressive....I know coming from a jeepdog
Be safe have fun

intense

Reaction score
buddy just got one I'm looking at getting one

Rivrat

Reaction score
Spent some time at Parker Yamaha today, they have a few built ones in there. First time I had ever sat in one and they have a ton of leg room. Storage behind the seats. I was impressed. I haul ass across the desert on a dirtbike, this for trail cruising and going to the grocery store. Think for the price you cant go wrong.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I was interested when I was looking for a SXS. But no 4 seater so it was out. Like looking build.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
15k gets you maybe a 900 RZR 4 seater with 3 million miles.
Looking in the wrong places then, but they are definitely harder to find than they used to be. You’ll get a used stock car for $15k though. Prices will cool off by March.

If you are going to mod the car, you are better off just buying a used one that has what you want on it for a couple grand more anyway.

Rivrat

Reaction score
Looking in the wrong places then, but they are definitely harder to find than they used to be. You’ll get a used stock car for $15k though. Prices will cool off by March.

If you are going to mod the car, you are better off just buying a used one that has what you want on it for a couple grand more anyway.

Like I was saying, easy to get one with a ton of miles and no mods, just not anywhere near 15k. Post up some links of worth while cars! I'm in the market 👍

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 9.40.29 AM.png

Taboma

Reaction score

So long as he saves money to buy fuel pumps in bulk --- or is it just O-Rings now ? Even the Polaris service techs and advisors are finally admitting just how many they're replacing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Like I was saying, easy to get one with a ton of miles and no mods, just not anywhere near 15k. Post up some links of worth while cars! I'm in the market 👍

View attachment 955725

Buy mine for $19k in a couple months. It’s done and got about everything you’d want. :) 2016 RZR XP41K.

If I see another cheap one, by the time you see it, it will likely be gone.

D435E575-1FD1-4B58-8E7D-CED281B171E7.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So long as he saves money to buy fuel pumps in bulk --- or is it just O-Rings now ? Even the Polaris service techs and advisors are finally admitting just how many they're replacing.

It’s just the $1 oring. Polaris does not sell the oring, but it is in the aftermarket fuel pump rebuild kits for $40. Or you can just get the oring.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
5 year old car for 19k? Come on guy, put the bottle down

Then buy the stock 2020 rental for $17k you just posted and spend $800 in new clutches and another $300-$500 fixing odds and ends that are worn out and have a stock 2020 car with more miles and hours than most 5 year old cars for $500 less than mine. Then throw another $3k-$5k in parts (not including labor) at the car to get it close to where you wanted it in the first place.

Spend the money on a good condition, well maintained used car with the mods you want up front. You will save yourself thousands in the long run.

Rivrat

Reaction score
Either way they'll both have stuff to fix right off the bat, it's a polaris 🤷‍♂️

Then buy the stock 2020 rental for $17k you just posted and spend $800 in new clutches and another $300-$500 fixing odds and ends that are worn out and have a stock car with more miles for $500 less than mine :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Either way they'll both have stuff to fix right off the bat, it's a polaris 🤷‍♂️

Not with my car 😉

That 2020 is a $15k car. Inventories are not that low to pay $18k for a used stock rental car with 5k miles on it. You are better off paying the $22k for a new 2021 at that point.

I’d wager $15k cash would take that car. I’d plan for $1k in dumb easy stuff to repair - ball joints, wheel bearings, sway bar bushings, A arm bushings, sway bar endlinks, tie rods, radius rods, shock rebuild, and clutch rebuild/replacement.

Last edited:

CobraDave

Reaction score
For me, I’m not looking to win races or keep up with anyone. Just looking for something to take all four of us for a ride and carry us down to the water. I’d like it to hold its value and be reliable though.

Groper

Reaction score
How is the KRX working out? Where are you renting it out of? I am looking to try before I buy.
I checked them out over the weekend at the SSSSSSSxSSSSSSS showow and really like them EXCEPT for the seat position (too laid back) and the funky pad thing that hits your shoulder other than that they're on my list for $21k and then add a $4300.00 Turbo kit. 😁

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
How is the KRX working out? Where are you renting it out of? I am looking to try before I buy.
It's been a great for the company, unfortunately renters suck, some fucktard lost the trail and high centered the rearend. I was totally pissed, they have steel skids, buuuut fucker hit so hard it pushed skid into rear diff and fuck yea it cracked. We are taken it apart now....kinda a new vehicle so waiting on manuel to fimish...besides dealing with renter bullshit I really like the machine, out here (bullhead city) has alot of loose shale rock and sand washes, machine works well plenty of power and handles great, if your a dune guy it might be a little off.....I really like the 4le four seaters, they only go fifty, keeps the renters in check.....I will some the KRX up, they are a little slower than the competition but,
I believe the suspension makes up for it..... aaaaaand too fast for renters....be safe have fun