WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any legit work from home jobs out there?

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Well shit. With all the work I've been missing lately due to my health I have lost my number one client. I've been working with them for almost 10 years but they don't give a shit. I'm basically out of work. I make twice what my wife makes at her full-time job so we are going to be in a world of hurt soon. I'm debating if I should try to pick up some more clients or just try to do something else that will allow me to work my own schedule and work from home. I'm a certified real estate appraiser with about 23 years of experience. This work is easy for me and fairly flexible as long as I meet the deadlines (which has been difficult lately), but word on the street is that business has taken a very slow turn in the last 30 days due to the rate spike. Sure, homes are still selling but in order to keep appraisers busy we need a mix of purchase and refi work and the refi work has slowed dramatically. So, I'm not sure there is much work to be had for me if I stick with it.

I figured I would see if the RDP brain trust has any experience with legitimate work at home gigs. I only need to make about $3k per month to scrape by while I do my treatments. Anyone's wife have a gig like this that is working out well? Is there any such job or is this a fantasy?

Thanks in advance.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they make but do know a few people that do medical billing from home. Also, not sure how they handle the HIPPA laws.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can sell advertising for Rdp we have a 25% commission rate.

Reactions: ROZ

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Most work-from-home deals are schemes that can make some people money, but usually just profitable for the company that uses that strategy.

The real work from home jobs are not advertised that way. the other real work from home jobs are businesses you start from home.

I just started a side business (link to my website in my signature). I'm still getting things up and running and will probably be talking to RD about advertising here in the near future.

ROZ

Reaction score
For some reaso I thought you were a pool guy..

sheeeit

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
For some reaso I thought you were a pool guy..

sheeeit

I did pools on the side for about 2 years when the real estate market crashed. Sold the pool biz and went back to RE full time. It has been doing well for the past few years up until now.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they make but do know a few people that do medical billing from home. Also, not sure how they handle the HIPPA laws.

Actually looking into it already through wife's work. There is some schooling and learning curve that I'm researching now. Thanks

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I work from home...... :)

I telecomute for the company that I work for (Hewlett Packard). I am in IT support.

My commute is great.... From my bedroom to my office on the other side of the house....

Kinda miss some of the face to face interaction, but definately don't miss the drama of the office.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I work from home...... :)

I telecomute for the company that I work for (Hewlett Packard). I am in IT support.

My commute is great.... From my bedroom to my office on the other side of the house....

Kinda miss some of the face to face interaction, but definately don't miss the drama of the office.

So true. I can't stand the sob next to me.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
Start selling e-mail address lists to spammers:D

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
You can sell advertising for Rdp we have a 25% commission rate.

I just started a side business (link to my website in my signature). I'm still getting things up and running and will probably be talking to RD about advertising here in the near future.

Dearest HolyMoly
Thanks for showing interest in becoming an advertiser on RiverDavesPlace.com. I would like to talk to you about joining the Fast Growing List of Global companies that have already come to know to benefits of advertising on RiverDavesPlace.com. I can arrange a special rate as a New Advertiser for you if you act soon. How does that work for you?
BTW
RD has other people that handle the advertising because he is River Fuckin Dave so please feel free to contact me via PM at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely
Instigator
:D

Last edited:

slowride

Reaction score
Actually looking into it already through wife's work. There is some schooling and learning curve that I'm researching now. Thanks

You need to have a strong "in" with medical billing and coding. If you don't, you'll need certification, and a minimum of 2 years experience before anyone will even interview you. Too bad the commercials for Bryman (or whatever) fail to tell people that before they take their money.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have 2 friends that make a good living exclusively from their iPhones.

One has an extensive world wide network of installers and he sells car lifts.
Does really well. Customers in Indonesia, Chicago, Bahamas, Bumfuck Eqypt,,, everywhere... but his ace in the hole is he gets the lifts installed and his lifts are unique from others on the market. Safer and a few other caveats,, and the price is right.
Drop shipped from China.

The other sells a cleaner in 5 gal containers world wide and does pretty good too.
He started out inheriting a cargo container 3/4 full of the 5 gal buckets of the stuff, starting selling it online and it took off, turned into quite a business.
Gets huge orders just sitting at the bar next to me drinking Goose and Cran.

Everyone wants to make money sitting on their ass and ya have to find that special nitch' and hit it hard.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think that is the kind of job you'll need. Some kind of sales where its all commission. Rep for a chemicals company or sell high end wheels, or masking tape....I get a call every month from an Airgas rep selling us various supplies.

Maybe for a company that is franchising. Try to sell franchise opportunities to new buyers.

Last edited:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Most work-from-home deals are schemes that can make some people money, but usually just profitable for the company that uses that strategy.

The real work from home jobs are not advertised that way. the other real work from home jobs are businesses you start from home.

Cool.....And here I figured it was gonna be a site marketing upskirt flicks you shot walking around the mall with a GoPro mounted on top of your head.:skull

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
One has an extensive world wide network of installers and he sells car lifts.
Does really well. Customers in Indonesia, Chicago, Bahamas, Bumfuck Eqypt,,, everywhere... but his ace in the hole is he gets the lifts installed and his lifts are unique from others on the market. Safer and a few other caveats,, and the price is right.

Any truth to the rumor that West Marine is making knockoffs of his lift?