WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any RDers do car lifts?

PaPaG

Reaction score
Any board members do car lifts in Mohave Valley, Havasu, Bullhead?

WildWilly

Reaction score
theres a guy Dave Larson that advertises in local FB marketplace pages that does lifts. Pricing seems reasonable and I've seen him update residential and commercial installs. I'll see if I can find his info again

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Contact Mike- 909-821-5663. He is the Bendpak dealer in the area, and they are also working on boat length lifts that should be available soon.

Redracer1090

Reaction score
have an ADVANTAGE LIFT ,,, only lift Mecum auctions will list Great Lift a few dollars more but worth it . mine is 9000lbs cap.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Agreed. I have the 11,000 pound Tall Dually lift and love it.
Agreed. I have the 11,000 pound Tall Dually lift and love it.
Do you have a 2 post with overhead beam, a 2 post without or a 4 post?
I was looking at the AL12 due to wider stance to drive through and 12k capacity but a 2 post not great for storage and car parked underneath.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Do you have a 2 post with overhead beam, a 2 post without or a 4 post?
I was looking at the AL12 due to wider stance to drive through and 12k capacity but a 2 post not great for storage and car parked underneath.
Mine is the 4 post 11,000 Pound Tall Dually lift. It comes with a wheel kit and I have the rolling jack and another Rolling Jack tray and LED Lights too. I looked at them all and truly believe that for the money Advantage is the best value on the market. They are very well made. It also goes tall enough that my triple stage forklift will drive under it when it is fully raised too so I don't lose the floor space.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-ss-11-000

sirbob

Reaction score

I'm a fan of the single post lifts - measuring for one now...

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.30.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 11.30.33 AM.png

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
What was the cost for one installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETBOATS

Reaction score
recently bought a (Forward Lift) affiliated with Rotary Lift, 12k symmetric two post, its ALI certified, be sure what you buy is!! go to https://www.autolift.org/ and see if the one you're considering is certified. received the lift yesterday, plan to install it myself in a couple of weeks. I did the 220 volt Wiring last month. more lift than I need most of the time, but on occasion will lift a F450. I also bought the wide drive thru so truck and boat could be driven through it.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I have a Rotary/Forward 9k 4-post. Put it together by myself in my garage in about 8 hrs. Just needed help getting the pieces off the trailer/out of the crate and laid out. Then I used a cherry picker, a floor jack and some moving dollies to move the runways and get everything in place. The thing I liked about the 9k lift is that it's heavy enough for even a crew cab duallie, but it's also the largest one that you can still get casters for. Mine is NOT bolted down, so when I unload the car, I can throw the casters on it and move it around if need be.

Crated.jpg

Partially-assembled.jpg

In-and-done.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
recently bought a (Forward Lift) affiliated with Rotary Lift, 12k symmetric two post, its ALI certified, be sure what you buy is!! go to https://www.autolift.org/ and see if the one you're considering is certified. received the lift yesterday, plan to install it myself in a couple of weeks. I did the 220 volt Wiring last month. more lift than I need most of the time, but on occasion will lift a F450. I also bought the wide drive thru so truck and boat could be driven through it.
I have been looking at this one, wide version https://www.forwardlift.com/product/i12pro/ I think it is the same one you may have bought. If so, let me know how you like it once installed and operational. I have 3 crew cab diesel dually's and an 7.3 Excursion so 12k would be a bit overkill but ALWAYS better over than under.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
I have been looking at this one, wide version https://www.forwardlift.com/product/i12pro/ I think it is the same one you may have bought. If so, let me know how you like it once installed and operational. I have 3 crew cab diesel dually's and an 7.3 Excursion so 12k would be a bit overkill but ALWAYS better over than under.
also bought the wide version to accommodate lifting boats that approach 9 ft beam. its ALI certified so its been tested with 18,000. It was hard to sort out the good lifts, but once I found ALI, that added the clarity I needed. I had height restrictions @ 12 ft, so that limited what could be found with the wide stance. looked at Mowhawk too, but a little pricey.

PaPaG

Reaction score
also bought the wide version to accommodate lifting boats that approach 9 ft beam. its ALI certified so its been tested with 18,000. It was hard to sort out the good lifts, but once I found ALI, that added the clarity I needed. I had height restrictions @ 12 ft, so that limited what could be found with the wide stance. looked at Mowhawk too, but a little pricey.
I'm at 16 feet so I am estimating 15 feet at the top to be safe. That should be more than enough to park crew cabs under or drive through if needed if I get the one I am thinking of.
(I HOPE).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a Rotary/Forward 9k 4-post. Put it together by myself in my garage in about 8 hrs. Just needed help getting the pieces off the trailer/out of the crate and laid out. Then I used a cherry picker, a floor jack and some moving dollies to move the runways and get everything in place. The thing I liked about the 9k lift is that it's heavy enough for even a crew cab duallie, but it's also the largest one that you can still get casters for. Mine is NOT bolted down, so when I unload the car, I can throw the casters on it and move it around if need be.

View attachment 1005105

View attachment 1005107

View attachment 1005108

where are the casters? O me how does that work?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You are lifting boats with a 2 post? 😳

WildWilly

Reaction score
You are lifting boats with a 2 post? 😳

thats actually an intereesting thought. I guess if you hit the balance points on the trailer frame rails does it matter that much? I hadn't thought of it much

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
thats actually an intereesting thought. I guess if you hit the balance points on the trailer frame rails does it matter that much? I hadn't thought of it much

Im not sure how you would find the balance points on your trailer?

WildWilly

Reaction score
Im not sure how you would find the balance points on your trailer?

I'd think options are limited, like I said I've never tried it, but I'd think start one in front and one behind the axles. Considering how much of the weight is really behind them, and double/triple axles limiting placement it sounds like it would be tough. But apparently someone has done it

STV_Keith

Reaction score
where are the casters? O me how does that work?
My casters are sitting on a shelf, but basically you remove the vehicle, lift the lift about 2 feet and put the casters on the pins in the posts, then drop the lift which pivots the casters down and lifts the lift about an inch or so off the ground.

This is not my exact model (mine has the enclosed safety releases), but the caster kit works the same way:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s pretty cool.. works different than I expected!

PaPaG

Reaction score
My casters are sitting on a shelf, but basically you remove the vehicle, lift the lift about 2 feet and put the casters on the pins in the posts, then drop the lift which pivots the casters down and lifts the lift about an inch or so off the ground.

This is not my exact model (mine has the enclosed safety releases), but the caster kit works the same way:

What a great way to move the lift to any location in the garage for a 4 post. I would have a hard time trusting 2 posts though without being anchored to the floor due to the heavy trucks I would want lifted. I am going to have to do some more research. May end up going with a 4 post instead of a 2 post.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
What a great way to move the lift to any location in the garage for a 4 post. I would have a hard time trusting 2 posts though without being anchored to the floor due to the heavy trucks I would want lifted. I am going to have to do some more research. May end up going with a 4 post instead of a 2 post.
Having the option to move the lift around when needed is just one of the reasons I chose a 4-post.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Any updates on lift sales and installers that do work in Mohave Valley, ready to pull the trigger on One 2 post to work on cars and trucks and One 4 post to store either the boat, skis, jeep etc on top when not being used and park something under it. I was even thinking of a 2 car lift vs 1 car for storage but using one side for the boat and the other for the skis when not in use and parking 2 cars under for the storage garage.