WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any RDers own a Ford Maverick

PaPaG

Reaction score
Anyone own a Maverick Hybrid or the 4x4, if so what is your all around opinion on it. Thanks.

Reactions: TPC

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have been watching them also. I think it would be a great little bang around local truck. In my case, it could even be electric. I have a real truck if I need one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Friend in High School had one in similar color, 3 on the tree. We did lots of donuts in the schools dirt parking lot.....lol, such rebels we were.🤣
Screenshot_20220929_085921.jpg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
My neighbor has one and I've crawled around it, thought I haven't drove it. I think it's a bitchin little ride. I think she got it for under $30k. It would probably work for me 95% of the time in reality. I would put a little lumber rack on one so you could grab some lumber or full sheets of plywood. It's still $30k, and for someone who does his own maintenance and repairs, it makes more financial sense to keep my paid for trucks on the road even though they cost more to operate per mile.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I had put a deposit on a new 2023 XLT Hybrid, I checked out a 22 and it seemed to fit all the needs when the crew cab dually long bed was not needed I could keep it parked when running around town when needed and fitting in smaller parking spaces as needed. Still like to hear from any owners after driving it a while. Thanks.

Moabifam5

Reaction score
For a guy that used to run around in a diesal Excursion, I have a hard time seeing you in a Hybrid:cool: Hope you guys are doing well...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I had put a deposit on a new 2023 XLT Hybrid, I checked out a 22 and it seemed to fit all the needs when the crew cab dually long bed was not needed I could keep it parked when running around town when needed and fitting in smaller parking spaces as needed. Still like to hear from any owners after driving it a while. Thanks.
If we were still living in HI it's probably what I would be driving. A couple of my friends there have gotten them and seem to have no issue. Gas mileage is super high from what I've seen.

PaPaG

Reaction score
For a guy that used to run around in a diesal Excursion, I have a hard time seeing you in a Hybrid:cool: Hope you guys are doing well...
You know me well enough, if I own something for longer than a year it is surprising. I still have a Diesel CC Dually almost 2 years now that should surprise you. YOU Especially would be surprised at one of my recent rides lol you have to see it to believe it. I didn't build 3500sq feet of garage to keep them empty. :) In regards to the Mav, I wanted to get a small run around town truck that gets 40+mpg then after a year give it to my right hand man in Vegas so he can save some dough on fuel while on the job. We are doing great, hope you guys are doing great as well. Please tell the boys we said hello, wife as well...

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Like I said, a cheap little bang around truck that does what is needed 95% of the time. low cost per mile and disposable........

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
They hybrid versions gets 45 mpg. That's pretty amazing. It would work for me except for the towing days. I can buy a lot of extra gas for $30,000...

PaPaG

Reaction score
They hybrid versions gets 45 mpg. That's pretty amazing. It would work for me except for the towing days. I can buy a lot of extra gas for $30,000...
40+ in the city is what got me interested, we had a couple of Toyota hybrids and saved roughly 8-10k a year on fuel with each vehicle and ran them for 6 or 7 years each without any issue or repairs other than a couple sets of tires, required oil changes and 1-12v battery from Costco, that's it. I hope the ford has decent reliability and lifespan, anything compared with the Toyotas would be great since I am giving it to my right hand man after roughly a year or less, and he drives about 200 miles a day in the city.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Never heard of them until this thread. Did a quick search and seems a lot of used 2022 on the market Might tell you something. Didn’t do any research so take my quick google search at face value.

Then again the way ford treated me I’d never buy another one So I am biased.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Never heard of them until this thread. Did a quick search and seems a lot of used 2022 on the market Might tell you something. Didn’t do any research so take my quick google search at face value.

Lots out there for resale due to limited production and 6-12 months out for ordered units. Dealers charging 5-15k higher than MSRP and lots of folks bought to resell at 10-15k profit. (been looking at them for 6 months now with no luck finding one at MSRP so I ordered one vs paying 10k over MSRP used).

PaPaG

Reaction score

What happened? or is that story in another thread?

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
What happened? or is that story in another thread?
It is in another thread probably many. but the whole ford dual clutch transmission fuck over run around. Soured to me where like I said. Done with any ford.

PaPaG

Reaction score
It is in another thread probably many. but the whole ford dual clutch transmission fuck over run around. Soured to me where like I said. Done with any ford.
I just researched the Ford dual clutch debacle WOW they screwed the pooch on that issue. I am thankful the Mavs do not have one.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I just researched the Ford dual clutch debacle WOW they screwed the pooch on that issue. I am thankful the Mavs do not have one.
Yes they did. AND. Not trying to stop anyone from buying what they want at all. I seriously never heard of them. Looked and just thought there must be a reason that hasn’t surfaced yet why so many newer ones are for sale. Again. A lot of sour grapes on my end.

Clearmax

Reaction score
I ordered a 23 for my son the first day the order bank opened. Ford sold so many that they closed the order bank last week.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I ordered a 23 for my son the first day the order bank opened. Ford sold so many that they closed the order bank last week.
Yup I got in on the afternoon they closed, I was advised by a friend to order an XLT without any add ons other than the one big package so as to not delay the order, he said one customer of his was waiting 2 or 3 months longer because he ordered the back bed cover.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I like them. Just wish they could tow more.
Agreed, thankfully I have other trucks to tow or launch. I am not positive but I think the 4x4 gasser can tow 4k while the hybrid 2wd can only tow 2k. They are coming out with a 4x4 hybrid with a lot more power in 25 maybe 24 from what an ford factory guy told me.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Hopefully somebody besides Honda and Hyundai (both expensive non hybrid) shoot for one because...same as you...Ford is a NOPE.

BTW Just got the Focus back last night. 4 Months and 9 days. Now to find something to trade it in on.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Is the 2wd Maverick a FWD format? I was told they also that same crappy trans…kind of like a CVT Polaris deal. I think the Focus may have a similar setup. My buddy had a Focus and the trans failed a few times.

boatpi

Reaction score
The hot one again is a plug-in hybrid

2023 maverick is sold out for the year, already!! You have to find a dealer that order one for inventory and buy one of those proud of production.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
36 replies and not one inmate owning one........
My property manager’s son bought one fully loaded. Loves it because the gas Mileage is better than the sports car he had. It is a cheap basic truck. I still like my full size truck.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I would love to have one as a commuter if I had a superduty. Problem is then I'd have two vehicles to maintain and park at the house and a large investment. All in all my F150 covers everything I need at the moment. The F150 is hands down the best truck I've owned.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I was thinking about one…but the Ford part turned me off.

I ended up finding a Tacoma with 100K on for the same price ($30K)…which will undoubtedly still be alive in 15-20 years and still have a resale value while the maverick likely won’t.

Reactions: TPC

lbhsbz

Reaction score
They are too expensive for what they are
This…at $20K, I’m a buyer….much like I would have been if the Mahindra truck had panned out a few years back. I want a small basic cheap truck. At $30K+…which is what they’re going for…I think the attraction is gone.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Sounds fucking crazy and I wish I snapped a pic but saw a black one and the guy put Ford style black artillery wheels on it with over sized tires and it looked really good. Yeah sounds stupid but it worked.

I read in the EV forums an electric Maverick is due next year.

BTW:
The EV industry has to go to at least 2 speed transmissions on towing EV's. Otherwise the range is ridiculous. Enough problems with charger access and availability, but range drops geometrically with an EV towing vehicle.

Wifies EV6 came with the factory towing option. Has some insane towing spex for a mid size car.

We keep thinking Ford but in the past if the Ford shenanigans didn't get to us the dealers fuck ball stunts did. it's a company with no conscience.

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
The hot one again is a plug-in hybrid

2023 maverick is sold out for the year, already!! You have to find a dealer that order one for inventory and buy one of those proud of production.
Already ordered a 2023 XLT Hybrid with a luxury package on the last day they had it open I think it was the 20th. I have and called every dealer I could from West coast to mid country and only 2 had 1 in stock and wanted 45k I told them they were NUTS but they had buyers whom I think were Nuttier then them. I don't need the vehicle I just wanted it.

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
Plug in hybrids are The real future, I have had 3, and more to come. Ev will maybe 25% as we
Go forward.

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Your ad here

Reaction score
I really wish they would make one in a short wheelbase 2 door, small block V8, with a 6 speed manual. I'm not big into new stuff, keeping up to date, or payments but I would be at a dealership in a heartbeat ordering one if they had a model like that. It would be a modern day Falcon Ranchero and those are bad ass. Compact pickup with a V8. Reason I say short wheelbase is because there are renderings on google of 2 doors but it looks like they are keeping the same wheelbase as the 4 door and lengthening the bed.

PaPaG

Reaction score
These guys got one to rent.

Rent it for a day, and see how you like it.
Thanks for the info but I am in AZ, I am ok with the little truck even without driving it, I just wanted to know what others thought if they had one. I highly doubt I will keep it longer than a year anyway but you never know.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I really wish they would make one in a short wheelbase 2 door, small block V8, with a 6 speed manual. I'm not big into new stuff, keeping up to date, or payments but I would be at a dealership in a heartbeat ordering one if they had a model like that. It would be a modern day Falcon Ranchero and those are bad ass. Compact pickup with a V8. Reason I say short wheelbase is because there are renderings on google of 2 doors but it looks like they are keeping the same wheelbase as the 4 door and lengthening the bed.
Wouldn't that be badass, I had a buddy that put a few V8s in the old Chevy Luvs, I think he put one in an old ford as well, they were a blast to see when he got on the pipe and got squirrely down the road.

Last edited: